Thank God For Dead Soldiers?

Thank God Dead Soldiers - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 2nd Mar, 2011 - 3:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
  Thank God For Dead Soldiers Westboro Baptist Church - Protest at military funeral ignites a test of free speech
Post Date: 31st Aug, 2010 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Protest at military funeral ignites a test of free speech

Fourteen sets of outside organizations have entered the case. Those siding with Snyder include a majority of the states and a bipartisan group of U.S. Senators, led by Harry Reid, D-Nev., and Mitch McConnell, R-Ky. Free speech groups, such as the American Civil Liberties Union, say they find Phelps' message horrific but that such speech is exactly what the First Amendment was intended to protect. Ref. Source 8

Image from Wikimedia public domain.

Thank God For Dead Soldiers? (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Sep, 2010 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Soldiers Dead God Thank

I am all for the freedom of speech but people have to remember it is the soldiers who are dying that are making these freedoms possible. I believe that to protest at a soldiers funeral or grave site is a insult to that soldier for giving his life so that others can possibly enjoy the same freedoms that he or she had.

Yeah American has the freedom or Religion, speech and the pursuit of happiness among other freedoms but when those freedoms interfere with another Americans same freedoms then some one has to step back and say your right I should not be doing this and go elsewhere to spread their message. The fact that too many people think about no one but themselves or their rights is causing a huge boil over in the ranks of countless Americans. Just how long is the pot going to continue to boil over before something erupts?

I think people need to step back and take a good look at where we are going with the trampling of basics rights and fix a lot of these issues before it is too late. Stop protesting at a soldiers funeral will be a great step in the right direction.

Post Date: 7th Oct, 2010 - 12:23pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Thank God For Dead Soldiers? Beliefs Religious General

Church's protest at military funeral clearly troubles Supreme Court

WASHINGTON - Supreme Court justices seemed both troubled and divided Wednesday as they questioned whether a small Kansas church could be punished for mounting a protest that many found contemptible outside a military funeral. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 7th Oct, 2010 - 9:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Soldiers Dead God Thank

I do not know how they are going to rule on this but I think it will have serious repercussions either way. I just do not know why some people would want to protest at a soldiers funeral. I believe it is a private matter for that persons family.

8th Oct, 2010 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

Soldiers Dead God Thank

That's just plain stupid. Even if they don't agree with the war the family just lost someone they love and are like in grief and stuff can't you find a better place to do your little crazy protest?

4th Feb, 2011 - 4:26am / Post ID: #

Those people who are saying, "Saying thank God for dead soldiers." are giving a bad name to all Christians (General Term I am using for followers of Christ Jesus). If you read the bible, it is plastered with examples of warfare. If you simply read the book numbers, it tells you that the Israelites had 600,000+ soldiers and they fought and killed ungodly people to gain land that God was giving them. Soldiers play a huge role in the bible. People need to read it, it is the Sword of the Spirit, our weapon to smite evil, not entice it by telling people that God hates soldiers. If someone was protesting at funeral of a soldier I went to, someone would have to hold me back from the beating the crap out of the protestors. What they are doing is wrong and it humiliates true Christians.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Feb, 2011 - 7:40am / Post ID: #

Thank God Dead Soldiers

I am thinking along the same lines as those above. While it is important to have free speech and voice that opinion. I think it is in bad taste to do so at anyones funeral, let alone a soldier who died in battle.

I think you have to ask yourself if I asked that dead soldiers permission do I think he would have been ok with me speaking that way at his funeral. I guess from my point of view I would think that the soldier would be outraged.

He was serving his country in one of the biggest ways that you can. While something should be said about needless deaths in wars I think doing so in the middle of someones funeral is outrageous.

2nd Mar, 2011 - 3:36pm / Post ID: #

Thank God Dead Soldiers General Religious Beliefs

It is now officially legal in the USA to disgrace US soldiers and their families. Not that it wasn't legal before but now it is confirmed:

international QUOTE (CNN)
Supreme Court upholds Westboro Baptist Church's right to stage anti-gay protests at funerals of U.S. Troops.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Thank God For Dead Soldiers?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,