US Poverty - Page 6 of 8

Kyrroeth, Yes, I absolutely agree with you. - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th Mar, 2017 - 1:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
US Poverty
U.S.A. USA Poverty - US Homeless
Post Date: 4th Nov, 2015 - 12:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

US Poverty - Page 6

21 Facts About The Explosive Growth Of Poverty In America That Will Blow Your Mind:

What you are about to see is more evidence that the growth of poverty in the United States is wildly out of control. Ref. Source 1s

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Dec, 2015 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

Poverty US

The Shocking, Unacceptable Levels of Hunger and Homelessness in American Cities:

Twenty-three percent of requests for emergency food assistance in the cities surveyed went unmet. Food pantries and emergency kitchens had to cut back on the amount of food given out as groceries or meals in 47 percent of cities involved in the survey Ref. Source 2b

Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2016 - 9:13pm / Post ID: #

US Poverty History & Civil Business Politics

Man Fined $450 For Stealing $5 Worth Of Food Accuses Court Of Profiting Off Debtors Prison:

More than a third of Bogalusa's population lives below the poverty line, and median household income is about $25,000, less than half of the median income for all American households. Ref. Source 5t.

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2016 - 6:56am / Post ID: #

Page 6 Poverty US

Staggering percentage of Americans are too poor to shop:

Nearly half of all Americans have not seen an increase in salary over the last five to seven years, and another 28 percent have seen their take-home pay reduced by higher medical insurance deductions or switching to part-time jobs, Ref. Source 2s.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 11:42am / Post ID: #

Poverty US

Growing isolation of poor helps explain changes in concentrated poverty

Concentrated poverty -- neighborhoods where 40 percent of the population or more lives below the federal poverty level -- is back on the rise for all ethnic groups in the United States, according to demographers. Ref. Source 1w.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

US Poverty
A Friend

US Poverty

This is disturbing. Once poverty starts to get concentrated in areas it leads to endemic and generational poverty which is a cycle that is hard to break. The fact that it is rising across all ethnicities shows that we are not on the right track yet. Heck, even if it wasn't rising in all ethnicities we'd be on the wrong track. Something isn't working right when the richest nation on Earth, heck, the richest nation in the History of mankind has this kind of persistent problem.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

US Poverty
A Friend

US Poverty - Page 6

It has to do with assistance programs. FDR had it right with the New Deal. People should work if able for what aid they receive. In the sixties we got it wrong. Now we have people that are entitled due to not having to work for it. People have the mentality of why work when I can draw all of these benefits instead.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #

US Poverty
A Friend

US Poverty Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

Kyrroeth,

Yes, I absolutely agree with you. I had a cousin who I loved dearly. He was like the older brother I never had. He used to lay carpets for a living, which is tough on the body. He ended up getting bone spurs in both shoulders and both knees and had to have multiple surgeries. He started collecting welfare. Now, while he was convalescing I agree with that. But afterwards he could have found work. He actually hung out with a buddy of his and sold cars at his used car lot but wouldn't take a job or accept pay because it could stop him receiving welfare. He preferred knowing he'd collect welfare to finding a different job. I watched this strong man turn into a state sponsored victim.

+  « First of 8 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: US Poverty

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,