US Poverty - Page 7 of 8

One can never break the cycle of poverty as - Page 7 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th Jul, 2017 - 3:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 
US Poverty
U.S.A. USA Poverty - US Homeless
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 2:16pm / Post ID: #

US Poverty
A Friend

US Poverty - Page 7

With all of our representatives working on getting themselves richer and making more poor people by eliminating the middle class we are setting ourselves up for failure. IF we would start cutting off some people from welfare when they are capable of getting real work it would be a much better place. Nothing is perfect but I think the current welfare system is full of holes and abuse. I would like to see more done and get all the illegals off welfare.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

US Poverty
A Friend

Poverty US

Yes, I think that if you receive welfare from the state and you are capable of working you should work, even if it's just picking up sticks so forest fires are less severe. Or perhaps the state should put you to work and teach you a trade. Whatever it is, we need to get those who are stuck in a culture of dependency off of it. And I'm not saying that is everyone. I know there are those out there that this doesn't pertain to… who want off the system so bad they can taste it. We should help those people. But I also saw what the system of dependency did to my cousin.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #

US Poverty
A Friend

US Poverty History & Civil Business Politics

One other point about poverty. The poor in this country are very well off compared to much of the rest of the world. Compare the poor in our country to the rich 100 or more years ago as well. I'm not saying we don't have a problem. Just trying to keep it in perspective.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

US Poverty
A Friend

Page 7 Poverty US

Kyrroeth,

That's true, our poor are considerably better off than poor people in say Sudan or Somalia. But it also must be hell to be homeless in the richest country on Earth while someone drives past in a brand new $150k BMW. I live near DC and I see families living in tents under the overpasses… and this in our nation's capitol.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

US Poverty
A Friend

Poverty US

Yes even some of the poor are better off than I am. I see people on welfare buying two carts full of groceries when I can barely afford one then they load all of that in their brand new Cadillac escalade with the nice customs rims. All of this while talking on their state of the art I phone. TO say that some need it is great and good but with so many abusing the welfare it makes you think more can be done.

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2017 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

US Poverty

Ecological underpinnings of rural poverty. A first-of-its-kind effort to examine the ecological drivers of rural poverty combines economic, ecological and epidemiological models. The lessons learned could inform interventions to lift people out of poverty. Source 8x.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2017 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

US Poverty
A Friend

US Poverty - Page 7

Hmm, this thread is about US poverty but the article reads more about other places. Still, it was a good article and any research that can break the cycle of poverty is good.

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2017 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

US Poverty
A Friend

US Poverty Politics Business Civil & History - Page 7

One can never break the cycle of poverty as there will always be those who are poor. The best we can do is figure out how to help most of those who are below the poverty level.

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: US Poverty

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,