Why I Am A Mormon - Page 20 of 21

Utahn reflects on lessons learned from Buddhism, - Page 20 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 15th Oct, 2015 - 8:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  16 17 18 19 20 21 

?
Poll: What has the LDS Deep Doctrine Board on this forum done for you?
  Enlightened my knowledge of the Gospel       34.09%
  Gave me another perspective       18.18%
  Increased my Faith in Jesus Christ       6.82%
  Made me want to be a better person       6.82%
  Invigorated me to study the scriptures more       27.27%
  Caused me to Doubt what I believe       0.00%
  I have not gained nor lost anything by it       6.82%
Total Votes: 44
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
LDS Online Testimony Testimony Meeting for LDS Posters. Share your feelings about the Gospel and how you became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints..
Post Date: 18th Jul, 2014 - 11:29am / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon - Page 20

Name: Capthook

Comments: I was really happy to find this site. Although I am not officially a member yet, I am getting baptized next month and hope that this site will help me learn a lot more.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Aug, 2014 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Mormon I Why

Have you found your calling and testimony? Many people are given callings in the church - and these are the public callings given to the leaders of the church to ensure a stable environment for every class, ward, and stake..

But there are more personal callings, given to each of us - these callings are often unique, and each is sacred and important to our continuing progression. I have been moved to relate my testimony here, and I urge others to do the same.

As the first mortal mother, Eve was called to lead us to knowlege - she was called into transgression, that we might gain eternal wisdom. As the first mortal father, Adam was called to enter into that transgression, that he could be blessed with the wisdom to bringforth mankind in God's way. Alma the younger was called to a life of sin - that he could recover, repent, and experience forgiveness, to become one of the wisest judges and teachers among men - he earned the knowlege of right from wrong by his own experiences. Smith was called to doubt the word of God as it is proclaimed by men, and to seek out purity; he was called to seek treasures and to later learn the difference between worldly treasures and eternal treasures - as a child he sought gold - as a man of God, he held the words of God as more precious than the gold they were written upon.

I bare testimony of my calling from God, that I have been given understanding regarding the importance of knowledge. I know that knowledge is essential to our eternal progression. I know that our world was created by eternal, sacred, scientific law - I know that the more we explore the scientific world, the more we can understand the miraculous complexity of which God is capable. I know that those who falsely accuse scientific law as going against the word of God do foolishly assume they know the fullness of the laws of God - I know that God reveals truth by the manner in which man can understand it in their lifetime. I know that the revelations given to man in the bible and book of mormon were given to the prophets in language which they were capable of perceiving, but that despite the fullness of the principles by which we should live, they do not contain the fullness of the nature of God's truth - something which can only be gained through continuing revelation, study, and progress. I know that history (Ancient and recent alike) and social culture are of great importance in understanding the nature of man, and the nature of good and evil. I know that transgression, repentance, and forgiveness are essential to eternal understanding. I know that the greatest failure among otherwise good and faithful men is the misconception that we must avoid conflict and doubt. I bare testimony that the grace of Jesus Christ and the plan of salvation which he set forth was established that we may learn. That Christ stood before the court of God and proclaimed that all men might have free agency, and learn to identify what is good and what is bad, what is truth and what is false, through the nature and world of God. I know that many good and faithful men have fallen victim to teaching by the words of Satan. Satan's plan of salvation was to force mankind into doing what was right, and to prevent them from seeing anything but the most important and simple truths. Christ stepped forward and proclaimed that man could never truly progress if not given the ability to understand and see both right and wrong, and to overcome the evil to see the good. By teaching our children and our families that we must avoid so much as learning about those things which are not of God, we are speaking with the voice of Satan. I know, by the grace of our saviour, that it is our duty to teach our children what is good and what is bad, and to encourage them to faithfully seek the spirit and to use their god-given logic and wisdom to know and progress in their eternal pathways. I know that we are not to shelter our children from the world, but to teach them about the world - that they may find the glory of the creation and the sanctity of eternal law - that they may know how to recognize that which is flawed and that which is perfect. I know that this world is given us that we may learn to righteously govern.

I know that God had blessed us with the physical and spiritual means to learn truth from lies. I know that these blessings were given us that we might explore this world, and learn as God learned.

I know that I am a child of God by spirit. I know that I am a daughter of Eve by flesh and mind. I know that I am a sister of Christ in truth. I know that God gives revelation by his holy spirit. I know that each person is given a calling to improve upon themselves and their fellow man. I know that my calling is to encourage man to question, and to aide them in their journey to truth. I am called to teach my peers to acknowlege that all things are of God, but not all things are for God's children. I am called to strengthen the testimonies of those who have chosen to follow in blind ignorance, by opening their eyes to truth and wisdom.

I witness to these things in the name of our saviour and lord. Amen.

3rd Aug, 2014 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

international QUOTE (Raveth)
I know that my calling is to encourage man to question, and to aide them in their journey to truth. I am called to teach my peers to acknowlege that all things are of God, but not all things are for God's children. I am called to strengthen the testimonies of those who have chosen to follow in blind ignorance, by opening their eyes to truth and wisdom.

How do you know what the Truth is? I mean, in order to "guide" others to Truth you must know it yourself FIRST hand. Do you? Opening their eyes.... Reminds me of someone who said something similar.

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2014 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

Page 20 Mormon I Why

Name: LovesMyMissionary

Comments: I'm so happy to have the gospel in my life I've been a member of the church for 6 years I live in the US my very first missionaries were the reasons that I joined the church.. . They were amazing and loving and true angels I love the church because I have true testimony of the Gospel and love the members I am a Lyricist.. . A recording artist who started out as a pop artist and was led to become a christian rock artist.. . Because of my testimony. I love meeting new people.. . The church is full of so many wonderful, loving brothers and sisters and I want to meet as many as I can in this life

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2014 - 12:35pm / Post ID: #

Mormon I Why

Name: Markus

Comments: Hello all, My name is Mark I am a recent member to the Church having been Baptised in November of last year, I had been a Protestant for many years before joining and I know the church to be true.

I live in Worksop England, near Sheffield and work as a Cook for Nottinghamshire County Council.

I have joined this site in the hopes of finding answers to my many questions, and hopefully being able to give a few as well.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2014 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon

Name: Thebestsun

Comments: There is a lot to be learned here and that is really exciting. I'm a mom from CO. Joined the church 5 years ago and never looked back. I love seeking further light and knowledge and usually when I have any free time it is spent doing scripture study, prayer, and lots of reading of other books and LDS forums. Lately its all I seem to want to do. I don't want to waste my time here.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2015 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Why I Mormon - Page 20

Testimony helps man recover

Just when Nathan Ogden was beginning to overcome a tragic accident that left him paralyzed, the unthinkable happened. Today he seeks to inspire others through his unbelievable story. Ref. Source 1p

Post Date: 15th Oct, 2015 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Why I Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 20

Utahn reflects on lessons learned from Buddhism, Mormonism

The Fukui home, for young Norm Fukui, brimmed with devotion — devotion to Japanese Buddhism. His mother kept a shrine in the house that had been passed down to her. At times the aroma of incense wafted about. In those days, young Fukui was a regular at the small Buddhist temple in Box Elder County. Ref. Source 6s

+  « First of 21 pgs.  16 17 18 19 20 21 

> TOPIC: Why I Am A Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,