Why I Am A Mormon - Page 3 of 21

Well as many of you may already know I am - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st Aug, 2003 - 2:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (21) »

?
Poll: What has the LDS Deep Doctrine Board on this forum done for you?
  Enlightened my knowledge of the Gospel       34.09%
  Gave me another perspective       18.18%
  Increased my Faith in Jesus Christ       6.82%
  Made me want to be a better person       6.82%
  Invigorated me to study the scriptures more       27.27%
  Caused me to Doubt what I believe       0.00%
  I have not gained nor lost anything by it       6.82%
Total Votes: 44
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
LDS Online Testimony Testimony Meeting for LDS Posters. Share your feelings about the Gospel and how you became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints..
Post Date: 7th Jul, 2003 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Why I Am A Mormon - Page 3

it's cool to see that there are people who are in to the chruch i wish i was born into the chruch maby than i can go on a mission myself, this is my testamony i think i sepped that wrong my seplling a little bad i hope everyone undersatand's . i gave my first tastamony on the stand on fast and teastamony day. everone said it was awesome. it' started like this a few yaers before i knew about the chruch a had a dream about jesus. he told me he wants me to learn about and the that there was a chruch today that is hes i woke and i was not sure on what he mean by that i want to a born again chruch to find what i was looking for but did not feel the stirit like i do here. 5 year went by not knowing what jesus  mean. tow mroths after i left that chruch .two missionary came to my houes i asked them qustions about the chruch and asked for a copy of the book of mormon  i remember praying and asking heavly father if this was the true cr
hruch the feeling i got was wow!!!!!!!!! ever since i have been a member for 8 mroth now -jeannie

Sponsored Links:
8th Jul, 2003 - 1:14am / Post ID: #

Mormon I Why

Hi jennie, what a wonderful testimony!!!! smile.gif Thanks for sharing it with us wink.gif Welcome to the forum by the way smile.gif I have been a member for 16 years and it's the greatest thing of all! I love this Gospel with all my heart and I hope that you can become stronger and stronger in your faith so you can help others, too. smile.gif
It's nice to have you here wink.gif

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2003 - 8:24pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Why I Am A Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

Hey thanks . I'm glad I'm a member I get to make new friends and get closer to Heavenly Father it's awesome.

15th Jul, 2003 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Mormon I Why

i have been a member for 8 mroth now -jeannie

congratulations!!  it's so wonderful you still have that "glow" from baptism!  it's a whole new world from now on smile.gif

Roz

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2003 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Mormon I Why

Hi all
    I am a lifetime member, filled a mission in canada, was converted there forever.  I thought I had a testimony and had been sharing it for about a year, when we met a Luthren Minsister.  My companion was giving him the 1st discussion, and I simply added my testimony that I know Joseph Smith was a Prophet.  When suddenly he jumped from his chair and leaned across his coffee table and pointed his finger in my face and shouted,"YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING OF THE KIND, YOU MAY BELIEVE IT, BUT YOU DO NOT KNOW HE WAS A PROPHET!  Needless to say, I was taken back, and to this day I do not know what I replied to his charge, but I remember the awful sick feeling I had as I left his home.  I suddenly realized, he was right!  I realized I really didn't know Joseph Smith was a Prophet!  But I had to find out.  My parents did not make much money, and they were supporting both me and my older brother who also was on his mission.  I realized I could not remain in Canada teaching something I did not believe.  I had to know!  For the next 3 weeks I studied and prayed every wakeing moment, but still I had not received a witness as promised by Moroni.  Than at the end of 3 weeks I decided to go to bed early and pray one last time.  I TOLD the Lord if I didn't receive an answer to my prayers by morning, I was going to call the Mission Pres. and request to be sent home, because I could no longer remain here teaching something I did not believe, and wasteing my parents money.  I than retired to my bed and began thinking about all the things I had been studying the past 3 weeks, when I noticed a tingling sensation in my feet.  I supposed I was pinching a nerve and my feet were going to sleep, so I adjusted myself than continued my thoughts.  Shortly I noticed the sensation had moved up to my knees so I moved again than continued my thinking.  By now this tingling sensation was at my waste, but I just ignored it, and instead just let out a big breath of air and out loud said,"Is Joseph Smith really a Prophet?"  When suddenly this sensation jumped from my waste into my chest and increased 10 times over.  I was shocked, but surprised at how warm and wonderful I felt.  I noticed that this happened when I ask that question.  So I tried it again,"Is Joseph Smith really a Prophet?"  And as before this sensation jumped from my chest to the top of my head so that I was completely enveloped from head to toe, and as before this wonderful sensation increased over and over again.  I felt so good I wanted to ask that question again and again, but something prevented me from doing so!  All I could say was "Joseph Smith is a Prophet!" I than started to weep, I was so filled with the spirit, I now knew the truth.  Than I heard a voice speak to my mind, "Yes Hugh, Joseph Smith is truely a Prophet of God, and the book of Mormon does contain my gospel, it is true, and this indeed is my one and only true Church on earth!"  Than I had the most powerful impression that if I needed a greater witness I should kneel by my bed and pray and Jesus Christ would appear if I desired!  But than I also received the impression that I didn't need any further witness, I had received a sure witness from the Holy ghost.  As I rose the next morning this sensation was still with me and remained with me all day.  In fact this sensation remained with me for the next 30 days and nights, before it subsided.  I know Joseph Smith is a Prophet of god called to restore this Church and gospel to the earth in the Latter days.  I know the Book of Mormon is the word of god and yes , this Church is the one and only true Church on the earth today for I have heard the voice of the Lord declare it so.  I bare you this witness in the name of Jesus Christ   Amen.........Hugh  

29th Jul, 2003 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon

That is a very interesting testimony Whew, thanks for sharing. Sad how often member say flipantly that 'they know...' but they really never take the time to truly find out as you have done. Look forward to your posts in the many Gospel topics we have here.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Jul, 2003 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

Why I Mormon - Page 3

Wow Hugh, thanks for that touching testimony. It full my eyes with tears...it is great to know the way you obtained your testimony about Joseph Smith! smile.gif I look forward to discuss LDS doctrine with you. God bless smile.gif

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2003 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Why I Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

Well as many of you may already know I am a fairly new convert to the LDS faith... My Story is kinda long so if you really want to read it, go to my website and check out my testimony section... https://mylds.vze.com

Thank you 8)

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (21) »

> TOPIC: Why I Am A Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,