Buying A Bad Rep Domain?

Buying Bad Rep Domain - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 10th Feb, 2011 - 1:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 16th Dec, 2010 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Buying A Bad Rep Domain?

Buying A Bad Rep Domain?

Name: Raven

Comments: Is there any risk in buying a bad rep domain. You know like a domain that had an illegal site before or that was under net attacks by hackers, etc. Someone is offering to give away a domain but I don't want to inherit something that has a bad rep attached to it.

Sponsored Links:
25th Dec, 2010 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Domain Rep Bad Buying

I wouldn't recommend it. The bad reputation can taint or blacklist a domain and the consequences can last for years. Let the domain sharks take it and use it for their silly ads.

4th Jan, 2011 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

Buying A Bad Rep Domain? Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Hmm, well if you use the Google Webmaster tools there is - or at least was, I am unsure right now - the option to have a site be reevaluated. This can takes weeks however. In addition to this, some have reported that once any offending content had been removed from a website, that they were added back into the search results within just a matter of days and even hours.

Now if the site was under constant attack by hackers. I suppose that all depends. How long ago were the attacks? How much security did the site have when it was hacked? How secure are your passwords? etc. I suppose this would all depend on your security measure really.

Good luck!

4th Jan, 2011 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

Domain Rep Bad Buying

Well "give away" or sell cheaply? Either way, it might be worth it if you have a very small outlay. Know that a domain name (I presume you're talking about ONLY a domain, as you aren't saying webspace) is only about $5-20 per year. If you're talking about webspace also, again, know space and a domain cost about $6-12/month for a somewhat about average needs package, $15-20 for a minimal commercial package and $40-100+ for real commercial hosting.

If you are considering getting webspace that has a previous bad rep or has been blacklisted or hacked, I wouldn't pay more than the equivalent of $3-5/mo for it, if that, and you will also need to look at whether you want to get it for 6 mos, a year or 2 years at a time, which all have their own discount ranges usually.

4th Jan, 2011 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

Domain Rep Bad Buying

You have to decide why would someone even go down that road? Is the domain a key word that is going to represent your business / site? Is it that you just plan to use the bad reputation to redirect traffic to other sites you have? There are lots of twists and turns to this than one easy answer.

Post Date: 10th Feb, 2011 - 1:10am / Post ID: #

Buying A Bad Rep Domain?
A Friend

Buying A Bad Rep Domain?

I would strongly not recommend buying that domain. First, your site gets a bad reputation already for owning that domain. Second, it will take a long time to get rid of the reputation instilled in people's minds.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Buying A Bad Rep Domain?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,