Why Do You Listen To The Music You Do? - Page 7 of 11

Lately it's been mostly LDS music, - Page 7 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 20th Feb, 2006 - 6:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 11 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Yep, we want to know - and no sad stories either.
22nd May, 2005 - 3:37am / Post ID: #

Why Do You Listen To The Music You Do? - Page 7

I like all kinds of music. OK mainly reggae and slow jams But my wife at the age of 13 read this book called Morality for Music ( I think) by Lex De Azevedo ( I think) and it helped her understand lyrics and suggestive music now so she mainly listens to instrumentals and uplifting music ( to do with church).
I have played the piano and the guitar but my wife is more the musician than me! . haha

Sponsored Links:
18th Jul, 2005 - 5:01am / Post ID: #

Do Music To Listen You Why

I always know the latest songs out on radio but I wouldn't say that's the music I "listen to". Usually the music I listen to is never played on the local stations here in Trinidad. I like artists such as Savage Garden, Lifehouse, Josh Groban, Enya, Darren Hayes, Goo Goo Dolls. In Trinidad they call that type of music "tabanca" music (I have no clue if that's the right spelling). Apparently its "un-cool" for a teenager to listen to that type of music which is quite sad in my opinion because the generation is missing out on real talent, replacing it with the garbage that is 50cent, Gwen Stefani, punk rock etc.
For me, songs MUST have great lyrics...if it doesn't, I don't care how great the music is, how great the talent of the guitar player or drummer, I will not listen to it. Simply a waste of my time.
I like music with orchestration..absolutely adore violins, specifically the cello so naturally I'm drawn to the classical stuff. Yeah..I'm a weird teen! No hate music, no head-banging...weird indeed!

Post Date: 25th Jul, 2005 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

Why Do You Listen To The Music You Do?
A Friend

Why Do You Listen To The Music You Do? Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I have to agree!

Lyrics are IMPORTANT! Since I was a child I could remember the lyrics and rhythm of a song after hearing it only once. If someone would write a song for the mathematical times table I bet I could remember them too!

I've enjoyed (and still do) enjoy a lot of 70's Rock 'N' Roll but have broadened my interests to include all music with great lyrics.

I've just moved to Trinidad and the first thing I bought was a radio. Right now I'm enjoying the variety of 97.1 on my FM dial.

I've heard songs I've not heard in years and find myself reciting every word (and dancing in my kitchen).

A lot of Rockers from the 70's have included spectacular orchestras like Queen, The Eagles, Rod Stewart, The Who, The Beatles and Meatloaf for example.

If you ever see the DVD 'Meatloaf Live with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra' Oh My! You really must pick that up! It will MOVE you! That man has an incredible voice and his songs include the lyrics everyone can relate too.

Back in Canada, some have said I'm stuck in the 70's.

Truly I've enjoyed a lot of the newer music too, but it's all better with the great lyrics and classic guitar of such artists as Eric Clapton, Santana and Eddie Van Halen. I think the combination of man-made music - a drummer, lead/rhythm and bass guitarists, a strong vocalist and great lyrics make it work. Harmony and occapella can really work well too, but If I can't understand what the singer is saying, (when the lyrics are lost in the noise), I'll probably change the station.

97.1 FM plays comfortable music I can listen too all day.
My own collection has a lot of harder stuff, but never any 'hate' or violent lyrics.

Offtopic but,
I understand Trinidad and Tobago has many, many stations. I'd appreciate any recommendations. I want my own steel drum too (I apologize to my neighbours now). wink.gif

Message Edited!
Persephone: Please keep discussion about Trinidad & Tobago to that Board. Also keep on topic, when straying please use the offtopic tags

Post Date: 10th Oct, 2005 - 11:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 7 Do Music To Listen You Why

I listen to the music that I do because it makes me feel like I have no worries and sometimes even like I am really on top of the world and of course it is downright fun . cool.gif

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2005 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do Music To Listen You Why

I have no idea why I like the music I do... some of my favourite band is like Nine Inch Nails, but that does not reflect my personality at all... maybe I am just a silly noodle.
Alot of thing I look for in music. Baseline, lyrics, dance-ability. Mostly dance-ability! DDR is my favourite game and I have a lot of the sound tracks on my mp3 player. I listen to a lot of trance music like Ami Suzuki's ''Eventful'' or S.H.E's ''Beauty Up My Life''. This is probably because I am like this as a person - fast paced, bubbly, dancing all the time!
I love Chinese music, because the lyrics can be so stupid. One of my favourites songs S.H.E.'s ''Superstar", has these lyrics: Ni shi dian, ni shi guang (literally ''You are electricity, you are light!") Other times, the fun lyrics make me feel confident in myself, like Jolin Tsai's ''An De Mao" (Main lyrics stating ''I am not your nice kitty cat!")
The other and more shocking music I like would be Nine Inch Nails. You would not look at me and say ''Sure you are a walking Hello Kitty, but I can tell your favourites songs is 'Closer!'" I do not know what it is about Trent Reznor's baselines but they drive me crazy! Even with strange lyrics... even perverted lyrics, I really love NIN. The background music combined with the techno-like forground and drums, matched with overly perverted lyrics - yum yum yum!

Post Date: 14th Feb, 2006 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think I listen to the music I do because it's always really powerful music. I like music that makes you actually feel something, whether it's jumping up and down, getting upset, or just flipping out.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Feb, 2006 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why You Listen To Music Do - Page 7

My preferred style of music is everything as different people emotionally link with different music so the type of music we listen to generally depends on our mood.

20th Feb, 2006 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

Why You Listen To Music Do Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 7

Lately it's been mostly LDS music, because I'm doing research. I like the messages, and some of the music itself is pretty good. Now as a musician, I honestly listen to imitate. If there is a good technique in writing or lyrics, or if there is a good chord that I want to hear more often, I take it. That is what all musicians do. Unfortunately, the analytical mindset has ruined some music for me, because I can't see past some things that just grate my nerves.

+  « First of 11 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 

> TOPIC: Why Do You Listen To The Music You Do?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,