Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? - Page 14 of 15

Well, having that many wives, seems kind of - Page 14 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 20th Feb, 2011 - 11:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 15 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 
Best of  Polygamy An Answer Social Ills Still practised in this modern age, can we see any benefits if it were accepted in the Western Hemisphere?
Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? Related Information to Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills?
28th Sep, 2010 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? - Page 14

I notice there is great interest in seeing Polygamous relationships in a TV reality setting. However with the recent show "Sister Wives" some may become more shy of 'showing off' their lifestyle. See more on it here: Source 3

Sponsored Links:
30th Sep, 2010 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

Ills Social Answer Polygamy

If you want to see if Polygamy in action is an answer to Social Ills then check this: Polygamy Tours.

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2010 - 9:42pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills?
A Friend

Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

With much of the people frowning on this lifestyle I can see where most would want to try and keep it out of the publics eye. But I also see more coming out and saying it is a great choice for them.

1st Oct, 2010 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #

Page 14 Ills Social Answer Polygamy

Yes, we would love to tell the world about polygamy. That various groups practice polygamy different and too a large extend because of their leadership. We like to tell our story because of the gross misrepresentation by the news media and some people that seem to have had a bad experience with polygamy when growing up.

I realize that sensationalism sells. I mean, what can you really learn from a bus tour through Colorado City and Hillmore. Where you hear the point of view of an ex FLDS member? I have been there, talked to people, know some families. And like anything else some are good and no doubt some are tyrants. Is that any different in the rest of our monogamous societies? Look at their stats in wife abuse, incest, r-pe, are we condemning monogamy because of these stats, no, prosecute and deal with those social issues. There are laws on the books that deal with that. But that does not mean that we go into a city and round up all the kids in the community.

OK back at the issue. The problem you face is that you might either loose your job, get arrested, etc when you do speak up. I mean look at the latest TV show TLC and the arrest of Kody right after the airing of the show. Here you have a man that is living with 4 ladies. None of them entered into a relationship before the minimum age. None of them was forced, it was their own free will and wanting to live their life with each other. Children cared and loved for, no welfare, social work issues. Kids are well adjusted, no community issues with them as is so rampant with so many kids nowadays.

So, were is the problem? If we have no other problems to spent our tax dollars on, well, I guess we are doing pretty good.

Are we hunting down adulterers. Married people that have a mistress on the side? Oh it is rampant and we all know it. You can apparently go on the internet and find somebody locally to [abuse]. My gosh what a sick society we have become. But that is different right? Right? It is also OK to toss your spouse out the door every 5-7 years and get an new one, and probably younger. And same gender relationships is OK and they can adopt children etc. That's all OK right?

So in the end, you either take the risk and speak up, or swallow the lies and go underground. It's a situation we seem not be able to win at the moment. [..]

Thank you.

Edited Message Edited...
JB: No need to become graphic or talk about religion

1st Oct, 2010 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

Ills Social Answer Polygamy

Robert9876, I know you are passionate about this Topic and I do like that you give your side of the equation, but keep in mind a few things about how things are Discussed here. This Thread is "Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills?" in the Culture, Travel, Etiquette & Traditions Board. The angle of Discussion is to debate whether Polygamy in itself is an answer to social ills. It is not about a particular Religious group or religious belief, it is also not meant to go into any TV shows. We do in fact have specific Threads for that, hence you will notice my references to other Threads and the links they can be Discussed. Here are some:

Polygamy TV Shows:

* Sister Wives: Source 6
* My Husband's Three Wives: Source 6
* Polygamy: Forbidden Love - Source 2
* Big Love: Source 8

Earlier I gave the Polygamy Tours Thread: Source 4

At the top of this Thread right under "Related Information to Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills?" you will also notice related Threads that go into the religious angle. Now why don't we allow 'religion' in Topics in a Culture Board you might ask? The answer is quite simple... Not everyone believes the same. There may be people living Polygamy that do not believe in a god, Muslims practice polygamy as well and so forth. The angle of religion complicates things better suited for religious related Threads that cover that. Some people just want to know if socially it can solve anything and not a belief system.

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2010 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills?

Name: Nomore

Comments: This might seem appealing for security and a way to have someone care for you but it really isn't. Depending on how many you add to the family you will have your work cut out for you. In addition to whatever responsibilities you have for your own children you also see to helping other children plus your husbands other wives as well. The most lonely part is the days when you really need your husband is the days the other wife needs him too. I always felt like I was in a competition for attention, its not a nice feeling.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Feb, 2011 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy Answer Social Ills - Page 14

What do you guys think about this huge polygamous family in India? The husband has 39 wives , 94 children , 14 daughters in law and 33 grandchildren and they all live in ONE house.

international QUOTE
The "Chanas" at No9 comprises 181 members - and none of them is on benefits.

Dad Ziona has 39 wives, 94 children, 14 daughters-in-law and 33 grandchildren - all living together under one roof.

Believed to be the biggest family in the world, home is a huge, 100-room, four-storey house where they sleep in dormitories.

And even then they have to go top-to-tail to fit.

Handily, head of the family, Ziona, 67, also runs his own sect - which allows multiple marriage.

He says he feels blessed to have so many of his brood living with him, adding: "Today I feel like God's special child.

"He's given me so many people to look after.

"I consider myself a lucky man to be the husband of 39 women and head of the largest family."

All the men of the family work as carpenters and Ziona says proudly: "We don't want any help from the government."

The super-dad once married ten women in a year...

20th Feb, 2011 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy Answer Social Ills Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 14

Well, having that many wives, seems kind of hard to make it work but obvious the guy does it. I do not know how you can have a deep relationship with all of them including the children. But, if the alternative is to be single, out on the street in India, maybe no income, no family, well this arrangement might very well provide everybody what they are after. Including the community that does not have to look after all these "single" ladies.

+  « First of 15 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 

> TOPIC: Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,