Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? - Page 2 of 15

The Kingston clan are just about the weirdest - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 22nd May, 2004 - 7:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (15) »
Best of  Polygamy An Answer Social Ills Still practised in this modern age, can we see any benefits if it were accepted in the Western Hemisphere?
Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? Related Information to Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills?
8th Dec, 2003 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? - Page 2

It is too bad that so many have been so thoroughly indoctrinated in the selfish attitudes of Babylon/Rome.

Here are a few links that discuss, in detail, Christian (not Mormon) polygamy.
https://www.lovenotforce.com/
https://www.pro-polygamy.com/
https://www.nccg.org/fecpp/CPM-HP-Index.html

Plural marriages, or polygamy, can be completely successful, if all the members are committed to overcoming their petty jealousies.

Actually, polygamy is the historical norm, strict monogamous marriages are the abnormal. That is even true within the world today, everywhere outside Christianity that descends from Rome.

NightHawk

Sponsored Links:
9th Dec, 2003 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

Ills Social Answer Polygamy

It is too bad that so many have been so thoroughly indoctrinated in the selfish attitudes of Babylon/Rome.

And what that is supposed to mean? smile.gif-->rolleyes.gif and to who you're speaking to?

Plural marriages, or polygamy, can be completely successful, if all the members are committed to overcoming their petty jealousies.

Exactly, if ALL members are committed and it doesn't usually FULLY happen in my opinion. I suppose is easy for you to say things like that since you are the man, if you were in the situation itself there is nothing you would be losing really. I would wonder how men in general would feel if it was the other way around, the woman having more than one husband. I bet the answers would be VERY different.
Now, don't take me wrong, I'm NOT against it but I'm not a hypocrit, I don't wanna say 'Oh yeah, there is no problem with me about it' smile.gif-->rolleyes.gif because I would be lying. I think a normal person should have somehow a struggle to accept this way of life, unless they have been born Muslims.

9th Dec, 2003 - 11:01am / Post ID: #

Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 8-Dec 03, 9:54 PM)
And what that is supposed to mean? :<!--emo&:)-->user posted image<!--endemo--> and to who you're speaking to?

I'm speaking to everyone.

Strictly monogamous marriage descends only from Greek and Roman culture. Greek culture frowned on polygamy, and Rome required monogamy. And look how both descended into the worst forms of corruption, especially sexual corruption.

The topic is about social ills. According to Mormon leaders and polygamist apologists of the 19th century, the practices of professional prostitution, mistresses, adultery, etc, all come from the requirement for strict monogamy.

How can you learn to control your envy, your jealousy, your covetousness (coveting your spouse), and your selfishness if you refuse to consider the alternatives (not speaking of anyone in particular, the collective "you", including myself.)

NightHawk

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 9th Dec, 2003 - 11:02am

9th Dec, 2003 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Ills Social Answer Polygamy

Strictly monogamous marriage descends only from Greek and Roman culture. Greek culture frowned on polygamy, and Rome required monogamy. And look how both descended into the worst forms of corruption, especially sexual corruption.

You're right! but what makes you think that having polygamy will NOT have a similar effect? just because monogamous marriages ended up like that, where is the proof that polygamy will not end up like that either?.

How can you learn to control your envy, your jealousy, your covetousness (coveting your spouse), and your selfishness if you refuse to consider the alternatives (not speaking of anyone in particular, the collective "you", including myself.)

I understand your point Nighthawlk but since the topic is about social ills, I cannot see polygamy helping in any way, unless like it was discuss previously a big war occured and women need to be take care of...actually I see it as something that if it's not used in the proper way it would cause even more chaos into the society. Men in general are very sexual people, and I cannot imagine men taking wives just for the purpose of satisfy their own lusts when they get bored of their wives...you know...I am afraid of a non-control situation, knowing how 'sex' is consider nowdays, can you imagine if it was legal and non-religious based?. Oh gosh, it would be a nightmare in my opinion.

11th Jan, 2004 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

Ills Social Answer Polygamy

I think it's actually too late for the Western world to even consider polygamy. Unless something really drastic happens to the World at Large, anyway.

I think if the plural marriages were negotiated by the *women* rather than the men, there might be more of a chance for the relationships to work out. I have some really awesome women friends.

I can see myself interviewing for the job of Second Wife. smile.gif

First Wife: "...and what are your qualifications?"

Applicant: "I'm industrious, generous, love kids and pets, I sew, am computer savvy, and I do windows...."

IMO
Roz

11th Jan, 2004 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills?

laugh.gif@Farseer, are you serious?. I have no problem whatsoever about being in a Plural Marriage, bur of course since I'm the first wife I should be entitled to choose the wives *giggles* (yeah, those poor lonely ladies 70 and over) ;D

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd May, 2004 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy Answer Social Ills - Page 2

Farseer, why do you think the men are so in control of this? I believe the first wife actually has a big say in what goes on.

POLYGAMIST FALLS SHORT IN NAMING CHILDREN
Polygamist John Daniel Kingston says he knows all his children, but in court Friday he could name only nine of the 13 he fathered with one wife.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...65048%2C00.html

22nd May, 2004 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

Polygamy Answer Social Ills Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

The Kingston clan are just about the weirdest group you can find. It appears to really be a control thing with them to be involved in plural marriage. They are definitely the example of why polygamy should NOT be practiced.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (15) »

> TOPIC: Polygamy An Answer To Social Ills?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,