Atheists Not To Be Feared! - Page 18 of 21

QUOTE Atheism might sound like it makes sense - Page 18 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 8th Sep, 2017 - 2:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 
New look at Atheists and their thinking - Atheism - Athiest - Do Not Believe In God
Atheists Not To Be Feared! Related Information to Atheists Not To Be Feared!
Post Date: 27th Jun, 2017 - 1:50am / Post ID: #

Atheists Not To Be Feared!
A Friend

Atheists Not To Be Feared! - Page 18

I think religion helped us to build the morals we live by. I think religion taken too far, of any creed, is evil though. If there is a devil, that is one place he lives… in extremism.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Jun, 2017 - 2:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Feared To Atheists

Spot on Ninja. Religion is the basis for our morals in this country for one. Whether people are atheists or not their morals are formed by the religious culture. This will fade as religion fades. Without objective morals we will go by subjective ones. Who says what is right or wrong? The Soviet Union is an example of human made morality. All we can do is hope for the best I suppose.

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2017 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Atheists Not To Be Feared! Beliefs Religious General

Kyrroeth,

Yes, I agree regarding religion. I think without it our morals will deteriorate rather quickly. I think the reason they are deteriorating the way they are now is due to our fading belief in religion. Our world has become so secular that everyone is wrapped up in themselves and doesn't have time for anything larger… like religion or the morals religion teaches us.

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2017 - 12:45am / Post ID: #

Page 18 Feared To Atheists

Name: William

Comments: For me atheism will be the future for most people but not in its current form. There needs to be a better collective response to religion that isn't here yet.

7th Sep, 2017 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #

Feared To Atheists

Atheism might sound like it makes sense but really all it turns out to be is hopelessness. Imagine a person in bondage or suffering being told when you die that's it then what's the point of living? People keep living each day because there is a hope that there is a better tomorrow, that what they suffer is to teach them something for the next life. Take away that and then what is life worth?

8th Sep, 2017 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

I do not think that being an Atheist means no hope Chief, it just means there is no one being who created us.

There is hope for the future through your children and teaching others to be kind and get along and not to be bigoted towards others skin tone, hair style, race, or religion.

Some of the best people I have met who live and adhere to very good standards are atheist. They are content and when they error they feel it is human to do so. They have not to worry god will punish them but they just make atonement to the offended.

A better tomorrow is given through teaching your self and other to be better not praying to a God to do so on your behalf or some miracle cure, is the way I think most Atheist feel. After all greed and hate run deep in all religions, though often the values of the religion teach the opposite.

So no I do not think atheists are not to be feared only the people and groups of people who tell us that no one else should have opinions or personal belief system that differ in any aspect need to be feared.

William glade you posted but do you not think that Atheism is a religion?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2017 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Atheists To Feared! - Page 18

While most Atheists are nice people, I feel that they are missing something. I do not fear them or any one else as I feel that I am in a good place and if my time has come then so be it.

I have no issue talking to any religious person no matter what faith or lack of faith they desire to live. I feel each of us has our own journey in life and how we choose to make that journey is up to us as individuals and no one can tell another what is right or wrong for that persons path.

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2017 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Atheists To Feared! General Religious Beliefs - Page 18

international QUOTE
Atheism might sound like it makes sense but really all it turns out to be is hopelessness. Imagine a person in bondage or suffering being told when you die that's it then what's the point of living? People keep living each day because there is a hope that there is a better tomorrow, that what they suffer is to teach them something for the next life. Take away that and then what is life worth?

You feel like you need to believe in something after death to have hope? What a sad life that must be.

Agnostic rather than true atheist, but close enough for this purpose. I find hope in this life, I find purpose in this life, I find meaning in this life. If there is an existence after this life is over, that may or may not be good (Frankly, I find the concept of there not eventually being a final end to be horrifying, no matter the environs.), but I will have actually lived before the end. I cannot say the same of many Christians who placed far too much hope in heaven.

Ultimately, an atheist is inclined to find hope and purpose exactly where he is, if none can be found, the remotely intelligent among them are inclined to create it. A devout believer on the other hand is inclined to place hope and purpose in something that may never come to pass, and neglect their life in the only life they can be certain they will ever have. I'll take the former behavioral pattern thank you, and adhere to what I consider a good ethical code along the way.

And then of course, all that pales in comparison to the principle issue. We're talking about belief, not a political party. One cannot change banners on a whim. I quite firmly do not believe in the Abrahamic god in particular, and am only halfway convinced that a deity or other supernatural entity MIGHT exist. No matter what you say to try and convince me my life is less worth living than I find it to be, I'm not going to suddenly start believing. I couldn't if I wanted to.

+  « First of 21 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 

> TOPIC: Atheists Not To Be Feared!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,