KISS & International Discussions - Page 2 of 4

These are big changes, but I fully understand - Page 2 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 13th Jan, 2011 - 9:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
International Community For 2011 we have decided to take out all the frills of International Discussions and keep just the needful. Since this was the most modified Forum out there it will be quite a task to take everything that was added out! As we make changes you will find what we have done here as it is too much information to put in a Newsletter.
Post Date: 7th Jan, 2011 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

KISS & International Discussions
A Friend

KISS & International Discussions - Page 2

I like the looks of the new streamlined forum and support you in your decisions. I guess it will take some getting used to not building up my FP account any more. smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
7th Jan, 2011 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

Discussions International and KISS

I knew you in particular would have missed the FP and I am sorry about that, I really am... It was a bit sad for me to get rid of scripts and systems that I spend many years building up, coding, adding graphics and so forth, however in the end it really was not being used.

The bigger reason though is security updates. We had hundreds and hundreds of pages of code that would have to be patched in order for those things to keep running and it was just not worth the effort and time for something used just by a couple of people. Additionally because there was so much we just could not find a way to enhance anything because the site is so big. The many options seem to confuse people as well, especially new Members... They never seemed to know where to start.

This is one of the reasons we thought it best to make you a DIAMOND Member and with that will come other abilities because instead of FP everything will be based on participation and activity - both of which you have in high levels. This will enable us to supply more to areas that really needed it for a long time. Thanks for understanding KNtoran you are a good sport.

7th Jan, 2011 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

KISS & International Discussions Feedback & FAQ News Community

More Deleted Custom Profile Fields

Spotlight RPG Desc. - These related RPG fields are no longer needed as we will not be running this RPG anymore
Spotlight RPG Name
Spotlight RPG Pic

Love Life Bytes RPG Desc. - As with Spotlight RPG these are no longer needed
Love Life Bytes Face

Tech Knowledge - You can share that in the Computer related Boards

Credit US$ - Not needed as there are only two types of Donators and there is no FP to gain.

Schedule - We will know that based on the Activity level

Your Donation - No sense asking someone if they will donate in the future, it is better to just see it happen when it does

Profile Page Even Simpler

With all those extras taken out the Profile Page is even shorter save for those who have RPG fields filled in.

11th Jan, 2011 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Discussions International and KISS

I just wanted to comment on the changes and note that I commend you on your dedication to keeping your forums focused on the actual interaction between the members and not so much on the gimmicks and toys - and I don't mean that in a bad way, I just always felt those things are more likely to distract and add extra complexities and confusion.

The bank and shop and FP and all that - I'm afraid I agree with you, it just seemed really out of place to me, though I admit I wasn't a member as long as others so wasn't here at the high point of its use. But essentially post count and Charm function as much more important 'reputations' factors, and the in-forum items and such to buy - I just never have gotten into that stuff.

ARCADE - I never even understood this - I tried it and it either didn't work or it wasn't what I thought it was or something.

RSS FEEDS - Removed - I'm a bit surprised at this, as this can help your site get other people interested, by allowing them to keep in touch with the topics here with a reader or other RSS feed aggregator.

SEND A CARD - if kept to a small utility, this doesn't seem like it would be that bad a toy to keep on the site and help provide an extra chance to get a link to the forum to people that might not otherwise visit.

MEMBER WARS RPG SYSTEM - didn't even know there was one.

JUKEBOX - never even looked at it

DOWNLOADS - ditto for these - what was on this?

NEPHI RPG - the who-what now? Where was this hidden?

WHO WAS ONLINE TODAY - While this is pretty standard for most sites, to let people know when other people they know are on the site or have been (that may not be prolific posters), I agree it doesn't have a particularly significant use, and the Top Posters is a good near substitute.

GLOSSARY - a post or board for this might help later on, with overhauled and updated terms for people

Member of the Month/Year etc - it IS too bad about that, I know that makes it feel like people are really apathetic, and I guess in a way they are, or forget, or get behind, or find it hard to choose, etc. But the reality is that people do a LOT in real life and on the net, and have a lot of projects and responsibilities and generally have very specific purposes for where they go and what they do - if they want to do X, they go to a site that does X, and either don't want to do all the details and extras associated with the site for X, or get distracted because that isn't their main intent there, I don't know. I'm glad to see Oliron getting his first and the last significant award of that level though, he deserved it, and of course KNToran's place in the hall of fame remains assured.

Overall I think these are all positive changes and I think it should help clarify things for new members, and keep current members more on-track.

11th Jan, 2011 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

Discussions International and KISS

Thanks for your feedback.

international QUOTE (JPatt)
RSS FEEDS - Removed - I'm a bit surprised at this

We never used it much. People can stay in touch by visiting our site and if their viewing is limited (like mobiles) then they can use the text version of our site: Source 6

international QUOTE
Member of the Month/Year etc - it IS too bad about that, I know that makes it feel like people are really apathetic, and I guess in a way they are, or forget, or get behind, or find it hard to choose, etc.

That's correct, you summed it there. You cannot fully honor someone with just a few votes. Plus we are the ones that have to collect the votes, compile everything and publish it. Charm is a better indicator of who should be honored and who gets 'votes' because essentially you vote for someone when you give them positive Charm.

You are also right about these features being popular at one time. As the net evolves we have also evolved our thinking. Those whimsical features are no longer what makes us special because everyone has them! What sets us apart is the content, rigid moderation and the ability to cater for anything.

12th Jan, 2011 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

KISS & International Discussions

I will admit that I didn't like some of the features being taken away but at the same time its cool to have to not worry about earning FP to get stuff done so I guess its one of those win win kind of situations.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jan, 2011 - 8:37pm / Post ID: #

KISS & International Discussions - Page 2

Maybe not related directly but we have disabled Registration on all our sister sites so that we do not have to be moderating those too. This enables us to concentrate more on here and other things.

13th Jan, 2011 - 9:52am / Post ID: #

KISS & International Discussions Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 2

These are big changes, but I fully understand your wanting to simplify. I think that's happening with a lot of us.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: KISS & International Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,