Is There Life After Death ? - Page 3 of 8

I do not believe in afterlife. It is a human - Page 3 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 14th Jan, 2005 - 12:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »
How do you know if you will live again? Discuss your point of view and why you came to that conclusion.
Is There Life After Death ? Related Information to Is There Life After Death ?
8th Aug, 2004 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Is There Life After Death ? - Page 3

Who really knows?

Really the answer is easier than you think, but it will take it into a whole other realm of conversation for which you may wish to start a new thread. First of all, let us define 'death':

The act of dying; termination of life.
Ref. Dictionary.com

In the case where someone dies... Most doctors feel if there is nothing that they can do to restore life then the person is dead once the heart stops beating and the lungs stop breathing. Of course there is a whole debate on this, but we will not get into that. My purpose is to show you that there are many who have 'died' and come back to life (see 'Near Death Experiences' thread). Of course the ultimate example of this is the Christian belief of Jesus Christ.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Aug, 2004 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

Is There Life After Death ?
A Friend

Death Life Is

Yep, We do believe that Jesus Christ resurrected from His death on the cross. (but i'm assuming there is prob a different thread for this discussion). except my belief in Him differs from here on with you guys (probably). I believe that Jesus was God and God's Son who died on the cross for our sins and then resurrected from His tomb (came back to life) showing that He was God, not just some 'prophet'. (but i will start a new thread so we can discuss this).

as far as dying and life after death, yes i do believe in it. everyone has their own time to die, since no one here on earth is invincible to death, unless for some odd reason God decides you're better than everyone else... tongue.gif nope, ain't happenin.

18th Aug, 2004 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

Is There Life After Death ? Beliefs Religious General

My beliefs about life after death are very complex.

The short and simple answer is - YES!

The long and more complex answer begins with the concept that we are truly eternal beings, existing as intelligent, aware spiritual beings before birth, as well as continuing after death. This isn't a form of reincarnation, but rather a recognition that this life is but a tiny part of an eternal existence.

Jesus' Resurrection is the first "proof" of life after death, but it still requires faith to believe in the Resurrection, thus the proof doesn't "prove" anything.

There is a lot more that I could discuss on this subject.

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2004 - 8:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Death Life Is

When your body dies you travel to another body or spend your time floating to diferent spots on the astral plane, or both. I think if you can make an inamimate object like your body get a highschool diploma, you have a spirit to make it do that.

Post Date: 4th Dec, 2004 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Death Life Is

I would have to say that wether one goes to another stage, or merely stays in the ground when they die, this is probably up to the indivdual. It depends upon what your belief in the afterlife is, and how strongly you hold whatever beliefs you hold. Reality is in the eye of the one that percieves it.

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2005 - 5:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I used to believe in an after life. My belief was that Jesus death and resurrection gave us salvation and thus life in heaven or hell afterwords. After careful study of the Bible, I no longer believe that (another discussion in another forum). Now, I believe that there must be a God because life cannot start from lifeless material and thus must have a creator. That being said, the creation of human beings must have been for a reason out side of living for no reason but to be born and die. In line with that thought, I believe that there is a heaven, but no hell. Hell was probably created by man to use as a scare tactic to keep people in line. Lets face it, if there where no laws, no boundaries, the world would be in a sorry state. I just cant bring myself to except that a loving God would allow Trillions of His creations to just die, or die and go to hell. So whether you believe in heaven, paradise, utopia or what ever, I believe we go there when we die. To many people "die" and come back with such wonderful stories, I hope its all true!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Jan, 2005 - 12:09pm / Post ID: #

Is Life Death - Page 3

I just cant bring myself to except that a loving God would allow Trillions of His creations to just die, or die and go to hell.

I agree with you. My faith teaches me that there is a purpose to life other than simply living and dying. It also teaches me that my Father in Heaven doesn't just condemn millions to either a heaven or a hell. I definately believe there is life after death. I believe your life does determine what your life after death will be like, but I don't believe it is as simple as making the cut or not and going to a place called heaven or a place called hell.

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2005 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is Life Death General Religious Beliefs - Page 3

I do not believe in afterlife. It is a human invention to atenuate the fear of death. I do not what to offend anybody but that is my honest opinion.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Is There Life After Death ?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,