Great One-line Quotes - Page 2 of 74

Name: Navee Comments: "Ladder of success - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 27th Nov, 2008 - 11:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (74) »
Post Date: 5th Jul, 2004 - 10:23pm / Post ID: #

Great One-line Quotes
A Friend

Great One-line Quotes - Page 2

I admire John Lennon. He's said some great and inspirational quotes, and I've collected a few of them. Here are my favorites.

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people."-John Lennon

"Living is easy with your eyes closed..."-John Lennon

"Nothing will stop me, and whether I'm here or where ever I may be, I'll say what I feel."-John Lennon

"I don't intend to be a performing a flea anymore. I was the dreamweaver, but although I'll be around I don't intend to be running at twenty-thousand miles an hour trying to prove myself. I don't want to die at forty."-John Lennon

"My defenses were so great. The cocky rock and roll hero who knows all the answers was actually a terrified guy who didn't know how to cry. Simple."-John Lennon

"If everyone would demand peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace."-John Lennon

"If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or my music, then in that respect you can call me that... I believe in what I do, and I'll say it."-John Lennon

"Possession isn't nine-tenths the law, its nine-tenths the problem."-John Lennon

"I always was a rebel... but on the other hand, I wanted to be loved and accepted... and not just be a loudmouth, lunatic, poet, musician. But I can not be what I am not."-John Lennon

"Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans."-John Lennon

"Am I crazy or am I a genius? I don't think I'm either."-John Lennon

Sponsored Links:
24th Apr, 2007 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

Quotes One-line Great

These are my personal favourites:

"Familiarity breeds contempt and children." Winston Churchill

"When life hands you a lemon make lemonade!" (Author unknown)

"All things happen for a reason." (Author unknown)

"Those who fail to prepare, get prepared to fail!" (Author unknown)

"My age is mind over matter, so if you don't mind, it really doesn't matter!" (Author unknown)

24th Apr, 2007 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

Great One-line Quotes Health & Special Psychology

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity - Gen G. Patton

If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking - Gen G. Patton

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will - V. Lombardi

Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price - V. Lombardi

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible - Voltaire

Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers - Voltaire

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life - W. Churchill

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so - M. Twain

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please - M. Twain

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first - M. Twain

Buy land, they're not making it anymore - M. Twain

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid - B. Franklin

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - B. Franklin

We are not retreating. We are advancing in another direction - Gen D. McArthur

You know there is a problem with the education system when you realize that out of the 3 R's only one begins with an R - Dennis Miller

The only way the French are going in is if we tell them we found truffles in Iraq - Dennis Miller

I think it's wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly - Steven Wright

Sponges grow in the ocean. This bothers me. How deep would it be if they didn't - Steven Wright

If you were going to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer? - Steven Wright

These are a few of may more fav quotes.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 24th Apr, 2007 - 12:54pm

30th Apr, 2007 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Quotes One-line Great

Here are more of my favourite quotes:

"Love all trust a few. Do wrong to none." - William Shakespeare

"All appears to change when we change." - Henri-Frederic Amiel

"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others." - George Orwell

"Don't try to solve serious matters in the middle of the night." - Phillip K. Dick

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent dong nothing." - George Bernard Shaw

"When a deep injury is done to us, we never recover until we forgive." - Alan Paton

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 30th Apr, 2007 - 8:30pm

29th Oct, 2007 - 6:44am / Post ID: #

Quotes One-line Great

I LOVE all quotes but one-liners are my favorite. I have my mom and dad to thank for my love--they both collected them when I grew up and I have kept that tradition as well.

Two that have always been on my favorite list are:

It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.

There is no distance on this earth as far away as yesterday.

A few more good ones that I like:

The tongue weighs practically nothing, But so few people can hold it.

There is no such thing as a non-working mother.

A life time isn't nearly long enough to figure out what it's all about.

There is a difference between knowing a thing and understanding it.

Post Date: 26th Nov, 2007 - 9:58am / Post ID: #

Great One-line Quotes
A Friend

Great One-line Quotes

Some one-liners I enjoy, I'll keep the Bruce Campbell quotes to a minimum.

Famous Leader Quotes

Stalin
"Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem. "

"A single death is a tragedy, are million deaths is a statistic. "

"If any foreign minister begins to defend to the death a "peace conference," you can be sure his government has already placed its orders for new battleships and airplanes. "

"In the Soviet army it takes more courage to retreat than advance. "

Hitler
"As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice." Ironic

"Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future. " Creepy, as he was right!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
On War
"Come on, you sons of femalees-do you want to live forever?" Dan Daly

"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking!" FERDINAND FOCH

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem!" CHESTY PULLER

"So they've got us surrounded, good! Now we can fire in any direction, those b*****ds won't get away this time!" CHESTY PULLER

"War means fighting and fighting means killing" NB Forrest

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Campbell Quotes

"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with gun."

"Now listen up, you primitive screwheads. This... is my BOOMstick!"

"Groovy"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Jun, 2008 - 11:20am / Post ID: #

Great One-line Quotes - Page 2

Some quotes on WORTH!

Albert Einstein:
Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.

Goethe:
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.

Izaak Walton:
The person that loses their conscience has nothing left worth keeping.

Mohandas K. Gandhi:
The dignity of man requires obedience to a higher law, to the strength of the spirit.

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2008 - 11:49am / Post ID: #

Great One-line Quotes Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

Name: Navee

Comments: "Ladder of success is never crowded at the top".

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (74) »

> TOPIC: Great One-line Quotes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,