Trinidad & Tobago Genealogy

Trinidad Tobago Genealogy - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 12th Sep, 2011 - 2:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Trinidad Tobago Trinidad & Tobago Roots
Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

Name: Tules

Comments: How do you get birth and marriage certificates online from Trinidad?

Sponsored Links:
5th Feb, 2011 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

Genealogy Tobago and Trinidad

National Genealogical Research Library

Do you think the government should start up a National Genealogical Research Library in Trinidad?

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Genealogy Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Name: Macmailau

Comments: Simple answer - yes, they should set up something for researchers. I am sure it would be a nice little earner for a government department.

What bliss if it became a Caribbean (including Guyana) data base, then we could do all of our research at the same site. I am sure that most Caribbean people have ancestors from many different islands.
I do research in Barbados, St Vincent, St Lucia, and need to do some in Tobago. Extended family moved to Trinidad and Guyana and Grenada. Oh, well, it's a great excuse to visit these charming destinations.

This is a well planned forum for Caribbean Genealogy, seriously underused. Pity.

Well - does anyone know how far back a researcher can go using local records?
How easily accessible are they?
Is it possible to do it on line?
I need to search for ancestors who moved from Tobago to St Lucia - will it mean a trip to Tobago to do the research?
Are there locally based RELIABLE researchers?

Searching for RICHARDSON and WOOD/WOODS/MCINTOSH (the last 3 surnames seem to be interchangeable - why?)

5th Feb, 2011 - 3:01am / Post ID: #

It seems to me that the most you ever hear a Trini say anything about the ancestral background is "Ah have some Spanish in meh". Are there those serious about their roots?

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

Name: Gopher

Comments: Trinis care very little about their ancestors and to be honest I think very few people do unless the topic is introduced to them at an early age. I was very fortunate in that my secondary school teacher gave us an assignment to build our family tree and that is what started me on this journey.

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 3:03am / Post ID: #

Name: TriniRoots

Comments: Where do they keep the record of the first East Indians that arrived to Trinidad? Can anyone access those documents?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

Name: Anthony

Comments: Searching for records of William Milne died Trinidad 1855, born Scotland partner in Colhoun and Milne of St Vincent Jetty Port of Spain importers "by speed" of products from Europe etc.

Source 1: Port of Spain Gazette
Source 2: Book of Trinidad

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2011 - 2:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Trinidad & Tobago Genealogy Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Things changed so much with how records are in Trinidad and Tobago. You used to be able to get these pedigree records real easy but now you have to be a immediate relative to get them.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Trinidad & Tobago Genealogy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,