Private Messages

Private Messages - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 18th Sep, 2017 - 10:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
27th Dec, 2003 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Private Messages

Q. What are PMs?
A. PM stands for private message and they are sent through the forums' instant message system.

Q. Why can't I PM someone?
A. Only those who have Donated towards Premium Membership can use this facility. It may also be that you need a certain number of posts before you can PM someone. This is to prevent spamming. Sometimes users may also choose to not allow members to PM them.

NOTE: For communication to take place BOTH Members must have access to the facility. In other words BOTH Members will need to be Premium Members. If a Premium Member sends a PM to a Regular Member then that Regular Member will NOT be able to read it.

Q. How do I stop members from sending me PMs?
A. Go to your control panel and then select 'Block Incoming', then choose 'Yes, block all incoming Personal Messages' then click the button 'Update Choice' and that is it!

Q. What would I use PMs for?
A. If you want to ask something that may seem too personal or confidential for the public. However keep in mind that ALL rules still apply in sending messages to someone privately. Anyone found spamming will be immediately deleted.

Q. Can Admin see my PMs?
A. Admin can choose to view your PMs if he thinks you are a predator, spammer or have received a report about your abuse of this feature.

Sponsored Links:
11th Feb, 2004 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

Messages Private

Q. What is the number of posts I need before I can PM?
A. It changes based on current need/problems, but you are safe around 100 posts, but if you upgrade then it is much less - see the Compare Page.

Q. I keep getting messages saying that my inbox is full, but I only have a couple of messages in there!
A. PM is not meant to replace your Email, it is a means to make intitial contact only and then you can exchange Email or I'm addresses as the case may be. Therefore, your inbox has limited storage which means you will have to delete old messages often. Please ensure that your sent folder is not also storing messages.

Q. Someone sent me a bad PM, should I report it?
A. Yes! Rules are to be followed even in PMing. Use the contact page.

20th Feb, 2013 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

Private Messages Feedback & FAQ News Community

One of the Moderators reported to me today that the PM system is not working at the moment. I made a few quick fixes but I noticed it still does not send the message. I will be looking into it as soon as I can and will Post any Updates as need be.

19th Jul, 2013 - 2:39am / Post ID: #

Messages Private

PM Updated

Issues with regards to Private Messages have been Updated / Fixed. I also tested the Friend System and it seems to all be working well.

14th Feb, 2017 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

Messages Private

Some Cosmetic Fixes

Based on some feedback I made some quick fixes to the cosmetic layout of the PM system's posting page so those smilies don't take up so much space and the text is more uniform. It needs more work but its a little cleaner now.

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

Private Messages
A Friend

Private Messages

I have used the PM system for a while now I think this latest version is very nice. It looks to be easy to use and easy to understand. Thanks for all your hard work on all of this.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Sep, 2017 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

Private Messages

Is anyone encountering any issues with the PM system such as not being able to access or see messages since the change over to secure connection?

Post Date: 18th Sep, 2017 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

Private Messages
A Friend

Private Messages Community News FAQ & Feedback

JB,

I did have that issue but I closed IF a few times and it just came back up. I'm wondering if the issue was on my end?

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Private Messages

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,