What Is Binge Drinking? - Page 2 of 3

Why the effects of a boozy binge could last - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 26th Aug, 2018 - 2:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Drinking yourself to death on alcohol.
Post Date: 28th Mar, 2017 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

What Is Binge Drinking? - Page 2

Aussie dies in Bali after 27 vodkas

A CAIRNS woman has died in a luxury Bali villa complex after bingeing on 27 glasses of vodka, police said. Ref. Source 1d.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Mar, 2017 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

What Is Binge Drinking?
A Friend

Drinking Binge What

The question is what is binge drinking? Silly is the correct answer. Don't get me wrong, I've done my fair share of silly things in my life. I've definitely done some binge drinking in my younger days. I still drink to excess on occasion, although rarely and not at all like I once did. But drinking until you kill yourself is maybe a bit too much. I guess it's much like Dungeons & Dragons 2e where as you age certain attributes deteriorate, such as strength and constitution I think, and others improve, intelligence and wisdom if memory serves me correctly. Well, I'm not sure intelligence should improve with age but wisdom certainly should. I know mine has.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 2:01am / Post ID: #

What Is Binge Drinking?
A Friend

What Is Binge Drinking? Health & Special Psychology

I drank to excess once - but I think it was more that I didn't have enough experience with drinking to realize I drank more than my small body frame could handle. I had only been 21 for a few months, and my ex-fiance and I bought some tequila and had a couple of friends over. I must have drank 8 shots of it, and I was perfectly okay, barely tipsy, until I suddenly wasn't. I have vague memories of him picking me up off the ground. I flew the next day crazy hungover, and it has pretty much kept me from touching alcohol since.

My father was friends with someone who died from his liver failing. He drank vodka every day, from the moment he woke up until he went to sleep. When his children came to visit him in the hospital they didn't cry; they'd already been through it several times and had even seen him get a new liver. I'm sure they were sad but his actions kept them from really feeling sorry for him.

On the other hand, my half sister goes to bars every day and when she took me out to eat upon my visitation to my home state, she ordered a $30 bottle of wine which she almost finished. Her children were with us and told me, laughing, about all the times their mommy came home drunk. I've had some time to think about it and I've wondered what the difference really is between my father's friend, who died, and her. Sure, she's not going from the moment she wakes up, but she's going out almost every day. Is there a difference really? When does alcoholism suddenly turn to binge drinking? When can a person draw the line, and when does it become too much?

Alcohol, in my opinion, is a lot like a drug in its own right. The effects seem to be equally addictive to some people, where others (Like myself) can touch it once, have a really bad time, and never want to touch it again.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

What Is Binge Drinking?
A Friend

Page 2 Drinking Binge What

Yes Alcohol is a drug and once someone is hooked it is hard for them to quit. I am a alcoholic who has not had a drink in over two years.

Binge drinking is when you drink a lot in a short period of time like in a couple hours or so like at a party. Many college parties are nothing but binge drinking. A person that drinks some a day or drinks all day are not binge drinkers. Binge drinkers do this once a week or twice a week not every day. Most of you alcoholics will drink all day or a bottle of wine every day if not more.

If your half sister is getting drunk on almost a daily basis she is in the same boat as your fathers friend. She is an alcoholic and is in danger of drinking herself to death. I am a lucky one who figured out what I was doing and stopped. It was not easy but I am very strong willed.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

What Is Binge Drinking?
A Friend

Drinking Binge What

Binge drinking can be quite dangerous. I have drank pretty heavily a few times myself. Nothing like these news stories though. A person has to use a little bit of reason. I might have the equivalent of 12 drinks max. When I do that I know the next day will be terrible. Suffering through the hangover I say never again. That lasts until the memory fades. It's best to drink with friends who can help take care of you and not let you drink entirely more than you should.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 13th Apr, 2017 - 2:52am

22nd Apr, 2017 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

What Is Binge Drinking?

Social drinking is a very real threat. Much of binge drinking happens at parties, where the ability to hold large amounts of alcohol without puking is considered a skill. Throwing up is a common thing, rather than the dangerous thing it is. When you throw up, your body is telling you something is wrong. Many college-age students know this but don't call paramedics for fear of prosecution. Much of binge drinking is done by underaged demographics since society portrays drinking as something the elite or "Cool" people do. It's not overt, but more subliminal. When you watch James Bond, does he reach for a Sprite? No, he grabs some champagne. I understand this isn't binge drinking, but it's where a lot of early associations begin.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Jun, 2017 - 2:10am / Post ID: #

What Binge Drinking - Page 2

Binge and high-intensity drinking is increasing for US young adults in their late 20s. Monitoring changes in drinking patterns and amounts helps researchers, prevention professionals, and treatment providers plan for and respond effectively to personal and public harms associated with alcohol consumption. This information is particularly important for young adults, who tend to drink large amounts of alcohol. This study examined historical changes in binge and high-intensity drinking among U.S. 12th graders and young adults from 2005 to 2015. Source 1x.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2018 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

What Binge Drinking Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

Why the effects of a boozy binge could last longer than you think. A new study suggests that the effects of alcohol on our mental processing could extend to the day after a session of heavy drinking. Source 7j.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: What Is Binge Drinking?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,