LDS Democrat - Mormon Democrat - Page 26 of 27

You can't be democrat and Mormon at - Page 26 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 2nd Jul, 2014 - 4:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 27 pgs.  22 23 24 25 26 27 

?
Poll: I Think The Idea Of Being A Good LDS Democrat Is...
  Great! There are good policies in the Democratic party       44.19%
  Good, we all have the freedom to choose, it is not a sin       20.93%
  No Opinion - just leave the Members to do what they think is best       6.98%
  Nonsense - how can you support a party against LDS principles       27.91%
Total Votes: 43
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Is it possible to vote for the Democrats and say you support LDS Standards? Should every member be a Republican? Can you be a good Mormon and a Democrat?
LDS Democrat - Mormon Democrat Related Information to LDS Democrat - Mormon Democrat
26th May, 2014 - 6:50am / Post ID: #

LDS Democrat - Mormon Democrat - Page 26

Let me put it this way. You're part of a Church right? Do you agree with every single thing the Church does or stands for? I don't think so, hence it IS possible that you are a member of the Democratic party and don't support their view on abortion.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th May, 2014 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #

Democrat Mormon Democrat LDS

Name: Isaiah

Comments: Absolutely. I am a LDS democrat, and it is because I am LDS and the BOM that led me to the party. The democrats party is much larger and diverse then I think many give it credit for. There are many democrats that do not support abortion. I being one feel that it is a sin, and that we need to do our best to encourage others that it is wrong. However I do not think I am comfortable with making it illegal. I am just not comfortable sending a teenage girl to prison for an abortion which most likely was a decision that she made in fear. I do support teaching absence, parental consent for abortion, mandatory counseling before any abortion, and more education of the tragic effects of abortions on the parents. I think that we can do more to curb it, without making it illegal. I know that this opinion is probably not a popular one.

Post Date: 31st May, 2014 - 2:52am / Post ID: #

LDS Democrat - Mormon Democrat
A Friend

LDS Democrat - Mormon Democrat Studies Doctrine Mormon

Your teenage girl example is interesting, no one is purposing to punish the person who gets the abortion just the facilities that preform the procedure. Thus making the option less available or at least less attractive.

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2014 - 7:20am / Post ID: #

Page 26 Democrat Mormon Democrat LDS

Comments: Perhaps, I can accept some limits with facilities, but on the other hand, what about rape and incest, and life of the mother when it is threatened? Also abortion rates have actually gone down since Roe vs. Wade and continue to decline. We had more abortions when it was illegal then when it was legalized. (If I remember my statistics correctly. ) Does this correlate into something? Perhaps legalizing/illegallizing is not the answer at all. But I guess then how about the teenager that then gets an unsafe back alley abortion? Do we protect our youth from that? Especially when we know that teenagers do not have a complete development of risk until age 25. How do we show mercy while maintaining justice per say. Perhaps the answer is not political at all and maybe we should look to other avenues to answer it. For example in Europe where abortion is legal and strong, they have 1 abortion to every 19,000 in the U. S. Why is this so? Why is abortions so rare yet legal? Perhaps this abortion issue is much deeper into our cultural makeup then we give credit. That is why I do not buy illegalization of abortion as a solution that works. I think is is a political ploy to get votes, not to solve and issue. Do not get me wrong I do not support abortion, but most pro-life efforts regarding law seem to not work. I guess I would like to keep abortion safe, legal and rare.

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2014 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Democrat Mormon Democrat LDS

Because they have far far fewer births in Europe than America. Even the most conservative republicans will allow abortion in the case of rape or incest. I firmly believe that teenaged girls would be less likely to have a cloths hanger abortion if that was her only option. The abortions that were preformed when they were illegal were preformed by doctors in offices and not in back allies mostly.

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2014 - 3:36am / Post ID: #

Comments:

international QUOTE
because they have far far fewer births in Europe than America

yes this is so, but we are not talking about births. We are talking about unwanted births. Births that do not go through to full term. All this statement says is that there more pregnancies in the U. S. Go to full term this seems to be comparing apples to oranges.. The reality would seem to say that there is less unwanted pregnancies in Europe then in the U. S. You could attribute that Europeans are better with birth control the Americans, but I am not sure how having more babies curves this statistics, but then again this is just conjecture. I think we get back to the idea of culture and its perspective of sex, and perhaps a more social welfare to take care of birth mothers. (Carter, 2007)

international QUOTE
I firmly believe that teenaged girls would be less likely to have a cloths hanger abortion if that was her only option

I am not sure if this would be the case. We see that before Roe vs. Wade that there was more abortions in the U. S. Then there has been since. Thus it seems that more people were willing to have clothes hanger abortions even though it was the only option. I am just not sure if this legal option works. Believe me I think abortion is immoral and destroys lives of the mother, father, and children, but I am not sure if the traditional republican stance would do much to stop it

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Jun, 2014 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

LDS Democrat Mormon Democrat - Page 26

international QUOTE (isaiah53)

We see that before Roe vs. Wade that there was more abortions in the U. S. Then there has been since.

I'm afraid that I can't really buy that. If that's the case, then we should legalize theft, robbery, burglary, and murder so that the rates of those crimes would go down also.

2nd Jul, 2014 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

LDS Democrat Mormon Democrat Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 26

You can't be democrat and Mormon at the same time. I had a history teacher who said that he didn't let his religious beliefs interfere with his political vote. Then why the heck are you voting? You believe that all men should be able to do what they want? That's not free agency! That's anarchy! That's rebellion! For hundreds of years the Nephites allowed men to think as they desired, but as soon as their actions crossed the limits, they were punished. It wasn't until their government had deteriorated that they were all destroyed! You think that it's a coincidence? I don't think so! As soon as the government starts to allow people to break the commandments of God, the wrath of an offended God will be over our heads!

+  « First of 27 pgs.  22 23 24 25 26 27 

> TOPIC: LDS Democrat - Mormon Democrat

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,