Push-ups - World Record

Push-ups World Record - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 30th Oct, 2010 - 4:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Various Styles
3rd Jan, 2004 - 11:38am / Post ID: #

Push-ups - World Record

Push-Ups

For some people, doing one push-up is a sin, so what about those that do 100's?

international QUOTE
For the records:

1. The body must remain straight throughout, I.e., no bending at knees or waist. The body must be lowered until at least 90 degree-angle is attained at the elbow. The body must then be raised until the arms are straight. This equals one push-up. This basic principle applies to all our push-up entries with minor modifications.
2. Finger tip: instead of the palm of both hands touching the floor, only the finger tips (including the tip of the thumb) may touch.
3. One arm: Only one arm may be used and the same arm must be used throughout the attempt. In this attempt the hand is placed flat on the floor.
4. One finger: Only one finger of one hand may be used. The thumb may not be used. The record is for the number of repetitions; no rest breaks are permitted. The one-finger position must be maintained throughout. The side of the index finger must v ot be used as this means other parts of the hand will come in contact with the ground and therefore invalidate the attempt.

* Non-stop: 10,507; Minoru Yoshida (JAP), Oct 1980 DETAILS
* One year: 1,500,230; Paddy Doyle (GBR), Oct 1988 - Oct 1989
* 24 hours: 46,001; Charles Servizio (USA), 24/25 April 1993 at Hesperia
(new record claim, not yet verified: Jeffrey Warrick (USA), 46300)
* 1 hour: 3,877; Bijender Singh (IND), 20 Sept 1988
[note: This record was not published in the Guinness Book of Records. The Guinness Record is 3416 by Roy Berger (CAN) on 30 Aug 1998 in Ottawa (DETAILS)]
Ref: Source

For some tips:

international QUOTE

HOW TO DO THE MOST PUSHUPS

Gabe Mirkin, M.D.

If you want to be able to do 100 pushups, don't try to do as many pushups as possible every day. If you try to do as many pushups as possible, you will tear your muscles. All training is done by stressing and recovering, and interval sets. So you go harder on one day, feel sore on the next and go easy until your muscles feel fresh again.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2004 - 1:20am / Post ID: #

Push-ups - World Record
A Friend

Record World Push-ups

Those records are crazy. I had to do push-ups for ROTC during morning physical training and I could hardly do 40 push-ups the "right" way all at once. Wow. I couldn't imagine doing 10000.

Post Date: 2nd May, 2008 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Push-ups - World Record Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Name: John

Comments: Wow, 10,000 pushups is insane. I was considered a beast in my school for doing 51 the right way, and was sore for 4 or 5 days afterwords. Good job for the record holder.

Post Date: 3rd May, 2008 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

Push-ups - World Record
A Friend

Record World Push-ups

Last time I did pushups the right way was helping others do them. Got into a little contest with another guy. I did over 120 before I stopped. I should not do that very often and I am glad I do not. I did win however. smile.gif

30th Oct, 2010 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

Record World Push-ups

Pushups in 24 hours blows me away but this one:

international QUOTE
Non-stop: 10,507; Minoru Yoshida (JAP), Oct 1980 DETAILS

Nonstop? I don't get how that is possible. At some point your arms have got to give out.

> TOPIC: Push-ups - World Record

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,