Big Bang Theory

Big Bang Theory - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 27th Jul, 2017 - 12:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Jacob Barnett - 12 year old genius wants to disprove Big Bang theory
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2011 - 5:12pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Big Bang Theory

Big Bang theory

12 year old genius wants to disprove Big Bang theory

Jacob didn't start talking until he was 2 years old. It's now fairly evident that it wasn't because of a learning problem. Jacob is now 12 and in college - he taught himself his entire high school math curriculum in 2 weeks. This kid seems to be a real life Will Hunting - a truly amazing story - but the best part? His current mission is to disprove the Big Bang theory. Ref. Source 7

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Apr, 2011 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

Theory Bang Big

Wow: Glenn's stunning interview with 12 year old genius

Last night on TV Glenn interviewed Jacob Barnett, the 12-year-old with a 170 IQ whose hobbies include expanding Einstein's Theory of Relativity and disproving the Big Bang theory. Check out the interview which includes young Jacob teaching Glenn by writing on his NYC office windows. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2014 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

Big Bang Theory UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Universe "had rapid growth spurt"

SCIENTISTS believe they have proved that the universe had a rapid growth spurt a split-second after the Big Bang. Ref. Source 3

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2014 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

Big Bang Theory
A Friend

Theory Bang Big

I don't care how smart he is, Jacob should not be in college. He should be in middle school with the other 12-year-olds, where he belongs. There's more to school than just an education. There are also teamwork and friendship. How is poor Jacob supposed to learn how to interact with others his own age if he skips high school and goes straight into college? He isn't going to learn how to make friends at a college with a bunch of adults three times his own age. Most normal adults have no interest in a kid his age anyway. It will be hard for Jacob to make friends in college.

Besides, where is Jacob getting the money for tuition anyway? A 12-year-old is too young to go to work, so I already know he's not paying his own way like a mature adult. My guess is the college is giving him free tuition simply because he is smart. If so, then this is wrong! Just because he is smart, it doesn't make him any better than a person who doesn't get straight A's.

Jacob should not go to college until he graduates from high school at the age of 18. And, when he does go to college, he should have to pay for it like everyone else. He should not have his tuition handed to him free of charge. Work is an important part of life. It teaches us how to be responsible adults. The only way I'd support Jacob getting free college tuition was if the college gave everyone free tuition.

Post Date: 13th May, 2016 - 1:55pm / Post ID: #

Theory Bang Big

Small blue galaxy could shed new light on Big Bang

A faint blue galaxy nicknamed Leoncino, or 'little lion,' about 30 million light-years from Earth and located in the constellation Leo Minor has been identified by astronomers as possessing qualities that could shed new light on conditions at the birth of the universe. Ref. Source 1f.

13th May, 2016 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Big Bang Theory

I came here for the article, but Rasputin's comments are more concerning to me. I hope this isn't too far off topic, but I am going to address them. While I full-heartedly agree that there is more to school than just an education, that is no reason to hold back someone who is smart. School is meant to teach everyone the basics of what we know as a society. If Jacob really has a 170 IQ, he is able to study, learn, and remember facts much quicker than the other kids. He is probably bored by the school curriculum and to keep him in middle/high school just to socialize him is wrong. When kids get bored they act out and cause disruptions for the other kids. There are much better ways to socialize him than just to keep him school with kids his own age. As for the free college, I first assume you are in America where colleges are not generally state funded, but more to the point, people are given 'free rides' to college all the time for being smart. It is called a scholarship. Jacob probably has his GED, and aced the SAT and/or the ACT, and met all the qualifications for a fully paid tuition/room/board at college.

I am not nearly that smart, but I have an above average IQ, went through high school (Bored, but no choice), and was given a full ride to university as well. As a matter of fact, I never held a job until I graduated graduate school at 28 (Except school related jobs like supplemental instructor or teaching assistant). You can't lump everyone into 1 category and say that everyone must go through each grade and 1 certain age and can't progress to the next until they are older.

I agree he is not any better than someone who doesn't get straight A's and that the school shouldn't give him an 'special treatment', but there are already rules in place for 'above average' intelligence students to get free tuition. Jacob has a hard life in front of him, and with above average intelligence comes certain social detriments. He probably won't make many friends (At least not the go out and party kind), but that is also probably not what he is interested in. If he really enjoys his studies, he probably dedicates himself to them to the exclusion of social interaction. He will make friends with people who are similarly smart and who are open-minded enough to look past his age. I think it is very critical and close-minded of you to condemn the poor boy because he is so smart.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th May, 2016 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

Big Bang Theory
A Friend

Big Bang Theory

I wish him good luck disproving the big bang theory. I believe the evidence out there on it is pretty solid and will take someone smarter than me to disprove. While I keep a open mind on it I still lean towards the universe is still expanding from a central event.

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #

Big Bang Theory Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

Dawn of the cosmos: Seeing galaxies that appeared soon after the Big Bang. Astronomers have discovered 23 young galaxies, seen as they were 800 million years after the Big Bang. Source 9e.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Big Bang Theory

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,