Benefits Of Raw Garlic

Benefits Raw Garlic - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 8th Mar, 2006 - 11:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 

?
Poll: Could you eat raw garlic everyday?
  Yes       83.33%
  No       16.67%
Total Votes: 6
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Humans have lots to gain
Post Date: 18th Jan, 2004 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

Benefits Of Raw Garlic

Eat Raw Garlic

What do you think about the benefits or so-called benefits of garlic? No, I am not talking about getting rid of Vampires but as a cure or help to human health. I have searched the network and found these points of interest:

Unlike modern antibiotics, garlic needs no prescription. And it's cheap, so we don't even need universal health care to partake. There are many other purported health benefits of garlic, regarding cholesterol, blood pressure, and so on. But for me, it's worth it even if the only advantage is getting sick less.
Ref. https://arneberg.com/columns/ch/2003/0827.garlic.html

The Good in Garlic

The key to garlic's health benefits is allicin. This pungent and powerful phytochemical (a plant compound that has protective health benefits) is also responsible for garlic's telltale odor. Ironically, there is no allicin in an intact clove of fresh garlic: Allicin forms when the plant cells within the garlic clove are damaged, such as through crushing or cooking.

Garlic's ability to manufacture allicin serves to defend the plant against insects, bacteria, viruses, fungal organisms, and other invaders. Soon after allicin is formed, the compound breaks down into a host of other compounds.

These compounds act as antioxidants, anticancer agents, anticlotting agents, and detoxifiers. This array of helpful, natural elements differs according to whether the garlic is heated, dried, aged, or eaten fresh.

Ref. https://www.findarticles.com/cf_0/m1041/n2_...744/print.jhtml

Another very good ref. https://www.susunweed.com/An_Article_Garlic.htm

Sponsored Links:
19th Jan, 2004 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

Garlic Raw Benefits

I *love* garlic -- fresh, roasted, powdered, whatever. I use garlic in a lot of my cooking, from soups to omelettes smile.gif I know "now" that there are health benefits, but didn't know it for many years. So I do try to use it in as fresh a state as possible. Yum Yum!

Roz

19th Jan, 2004 - 3:50am / Post ID: #

Benefits Of Raw Garlic Health & Special Psychology

Farseer, lets hope you do not make it too much of a habit for the next date wink.gif

I have begun to experiment with garlic. The interesting part to the above (first post) is that the garlic's properties are activated when you crush or cut it, so I make sure to do this well before eatting.

20th Jan, 2004 - 3:31am / Post ID: #

Garlic Raw Benefits

Offtopic but,
Hey, maybe that's why I haven't had a date in 7 years eh?

Yes, I noticed that the "good" properties aren't activated until it gets wounded -- interesting for a plant to have such a self-preservation mechanism...

23rd Jan, 2004 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

Garlic Raw Benefits

I, too, love garlic. I always squeeze it into my dishes. This way you get the most "bang for your buck." I also love the smell of garlic. Not on people, but in food. laugh.gif:-->laugh.gif It is interesting to me that if you eat garlic you won't smell it on someone else who has also eaten. So, if you go on a date, make sure you both get something with garlic. That way it won't matter. wink.gif

20th Aug, 2004 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #

Benefits Of Raw Garlic

Since I have recently been diagnosed with high triglycerides, I have started using commercially available garlic tablets. I don't know yet what, if any, good it has done for my cholesterol, but I know that the mosquitoes have not been bothering me! (While my wife and children have been complaining of being eaten alive!)

However, based on the information at the beginning of this topic, I think I am going to have to focus more on using fresh garlic in my food.

Some excellent information there.

america.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Aug, 2004 - 12:31pm / Post ID: #

Benefits Raw Garlic

Yes, garlic is almost like a miracle, it is good at stopping colds too. Right now everyone in my home is very sick (past week now) and I decided to start eating garlic and it has kept the sickness at bay so I could keep on working. As for tablets... I never believe those are good substitutes, especially since the properties that need to work only occur when the garlic is cut or crushed, unless they have been able to somehow save those chemicals in a gel cap?

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2006 - 11:42am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Benefits Raw Garlic Psychology Special & Health

FOR THE SMELL OF IT: GARLIC

My dear father, who lived until almost 90, made a point of eating raw garlic and onions daily, reminding us just as often that `garlic and onions clean the blood.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635190044,00.html

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Benefits Of Raw Garlic

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,