What Are My Rights In Trinidad Arrest By Police?

What Rights Trinidad Arrest Police - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 17th Nov, 2016 - 10:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Best of  What Rights In Trinidad Arrest By Police When Police make an arrest in Trinidad & Tobago what is the procedure? Do they have to tell you anything in particular or can they simply you arrest you and that is it?
Post Date: 13th Apr, 2011 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

You know what the other day I saw a policeman pull someone off the streets and arrest them. I was far away and I didn't know what happened but it made me think. If the police wanted to arrest me what would be my right? I see it with COPS on cable but I don't even know what it is with the my rights in Trinidad.

What Are My Rights In Trinidad Arrest By Police? (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Apr, 2011 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Police Arrest Trinidad Rights My What

Name: Looking

Comments: The US has the Miranda Rights, Trinidad follows the old British system which is called The Judge's rule. Same process. The police officer tells you that you have the right to remain silent, right to a lawyer and the right to a phone call.

15th Apr, 2011 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

What Are My Rights In Trinidad Arrest By Police? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

That's pure bologna. I was detained by the police once for no other reason than liming (and they couldn't find anything on me) . Some of these police officers give the profession a bad name.

Post Date: 19th Aug, 2013 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

Name: Bola

Comments: Does anyone have the exact words the police are supposed to say when they arrest you?

17th Feb, 2016 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

I don't think there are exact words hence leaving a lot open for lawyers to use should the need arise. Like the poster above said they just inform you that you can call a lawyer and you can remain silent.

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2016 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

Name: George

Title: Knowing you rights on arrest

Comments: Not sure if anyone has any rights on this island at present .There is just too much lawlessness.It obviously do not give the police time to think logically. However some bright police on this site may be able to advise you of your rights.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Jun, 2016 - 12:41pm / Post ID: #

What My Rights Trinidad Arrest Police

I'm surprised there isn't exact wording that a police officer should say otherwise they could tell you something that isn't accurate. One word change in a statement can totally change the meaning of it.

17th Nov, 2016 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

What My Rights Trinidad Arrest Police Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

I am watching some amateur video on Beyond The Tape via TV6 showing an arrest being made on Charlotte St. The level of lawlessness is so bad that as the police were trying to make an arrest people gathered saying to the suspect "Take the police's gun and shoot him". People were also getting involved to try and stop the police from doing their job. Police need to have tasers, pepper spray, etc.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: What Are My Rights In Trinidad Arrest By Police?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,