Overcoming Dungeons & Dragons Addiction

Overcoming Dungeons Dragons Addiction - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 12th Sep, 2011 - 9:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Overcoming Dungeons &, Dragons Addiction Addiction to Dungeons and Dragons - "2 days straight or not I can't shut my eyes yet, I need to find out how this turns out for my character!"
Post Date: 1st Jul, 2011 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

Name: DwarfSlasher

Comments: Yeah, I'm one of those guys that is addicted to Dungeons & Dragons. I've had the red box, blue box and the books today for fourth edition. I will play any version anytime. I know I am addicted because I meet someone and I give them stats based on the Dungeons & Dragons rules. Like if I meet someone I might say they have a 10 charisma but look like 8 strength. That is probably as geeky as you get but what I want to know is how do I make it stop?

Overcoming Dungeons & Dragons Addiction (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
2nd Jul, 2011 - 4:55am / Post ID: #

Addiction Dragons and Dungeons Overcoming

I don't know if there is anything wrong with what you've said. However maybe you might want to keep it to yourself. Like, don't tell the person to their face you just made stats. For them.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 2nd Jul, 2011 - 12:47pm

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2011 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Overcoming Dungeons & Dragons Addiction Reviews RPG & Card Board

I remember way back when I was playing with a regular group of people we went as far as to drawing up character sheets on ourselves. The group as a whole gave each person their ability scores. Then we started to adventure with our characters in a way to build them up and see how much they would change over time. It was fun.

14th Aug, 2011 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Everyone has an addiction to something its just what it is that makes us all different. For some geeks like myself it is D&D but if its just D&D then I think its because they haven't experienced other genres of role-playing.

19th Aug, 2011 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

I can't imagine becoming so addicted to anything that it over takes your life. Everything has limits and reason. I think playing a game all day without eating or using the restroom is definitely a problem.

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2011 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I like D&D a lot and play it as often as my schedule allows, but I don't consider myself addicted to it because I prioritize and Dungeons and Dragons ranks right down there with every other recreational activity, even though I like it a lot.

I have to say, though, I worry about my brother. After Saturday's D&D game, which ended at about 9:20, he was up until 10:00 trying to make a full character sheet for his familiar and reading through every core rule book five times, then keeping me awake by asking me questions about my game, trying to get as much information on the story-line out of me as possible. How can I solve this?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Sep, 2011 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

Joshua, I'd like to see someone like your brother dedicated like that here sometimes I'm like thinking some prioritize way to down and then forget their commitment to the party. I'm not addicted at all but when I'm here I like to be around committed players and I've seen a couple that just keep back everything.

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2011 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Overcoming Dungeons & Dragons Addiction Board Card & RPG Reviews

Many addiction can be subdued with the help of a step style process. Perhaps we can develop a step program of our own, here are a few steps to include.

1: Admit you have a problem and that your stats stink.
2: Believe in the power of your favored Deity to Heal your addiction (may need a cleric to cast cure disease)
3: Re-roll?
4: Let others know of your addiction, and have them over to play,perhaps Friday and Saturday nights.
5: Make an effort to clear off and fold up the old "customized" ping pong table you have laboriously drawn gridlines and coated so you can use dry erase markers on it.
6: Take you knowledge of blades and develop an infomercial. +3 ginzu anyone?
7: Don't talk to that girlfriend who doesn't like the game. Wait! you have a girlfriend!?

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Overcoming Dungeons & Dragons Addiction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,