Overcoming Dungeons & Dragons Addiction - Page 3 of 5

I have seen it many times. My son in his first - Page 3 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 16th Jul, 2014 - 10:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Overcoming Dungeons &, Dragons Addiction Addiction to Dungeons and Dragons - "2 days straight or not I can't shut my eyes yet, I need to find out how this turns out for my character!"
Post Date: 5th Aug, 2013 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

Overcoming Dungeons & Dragons Addiction
A Friend

Overcoming Dungeons & Dragons Addiction - Page 3

Ah I have seen this a few times before, one time when I was 19 (Legal drinking age here), my friends and I were having a few alcoholic drinks and rolling dice to see what our saves were against becoming intoxicated. Things like this are okay but I have seen some people obsess very hard over Dungeons & Dragons. One friend I had was bad for this, he wanted to play every second of every day and would call me for hours explaining characters he optimized for 1-20th level, he would put so much time into it that it was effecting his personal life and ability to work / function, he would stay up all night just to perfect muti-class builds that bared no weakness. This was around the time I stopped hanging around him but I did hear a year or two later that he was diagnosed with schizophrenia and admitted to the psyche-ward.

Sponsored Links:
6th Aug, 2013 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

Addiction Dragons and Dungeons Overcoming

international QUOTE
I stopped hanging around him but I did hear a year or two later that he was diagnosed with schizophrenia and admitted to the psyche-ward.

You do know a lot of religious and civic groups claim that Dungeons & Dragons plays with your mind and sends you off the deep end.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2013 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Overcoming Dungeons & Dragons Addiction Reviews RPG & Card Board

international QUOTE
You do know a lot of religious and civic groups claim that Dungeons & Dragons plays with your mind and sends you off the deep end.

Interesting, I never would have guessed. But I suppose they will find ways to make anything look bad... A few decades ago they were saying that rock and roll was the devil's music and all listeners will parish in the fiery depths of hell and now there is christian rock bands. Certain groups will frown upon anything they don't understand and invent propaganda just to protest.

8th Aug, 2013 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Addiction Dragons and Dungeons Overcoming

If someone has mental issues then it does not matter which game they play because their problems go like totally outside of the game, really it has nothing to do with the game.

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2013 - 8:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Addiction Dragons and Dungeons Overcoming

As mentioned by others, a little bit of commitment or even thinking up stats for people is harmless. As long as you don't neglect your responsibilities, and have the ability to focus on other things, you're fine. Try avoiding mentioning the game in conversations with random people, there are so many other interesting things to talk about, and you're missing out on a lot of fun if you're just thinking/talking about a game all the time.

12th Dec, 2013 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

international QUOTE (Johnathan)
As long as you don't neglect your responsibilities, and have the ability to focus on other things, you're fine.

Some addicts may think they're in control but really they aren't. If you start getting weird looks from people while in conversation then stop and take a breath.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Mar, 2014 - 3:48am / Post ID: #

Overcoming Dungeons & Dragons Addiction - Page 3

Do people really get so addicted that they they think they ARE the characters they're playing? That is so weird.

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2014 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Overcoming Dungeons & Dragons Addiction Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 3

I have seen it many times. My son in his first year of college had a roommate who got so into World of Warcraft that he tried biting others who came near him as he would do that with his character in World of Warcraft. I guess he could not tell reality from fantasy anymore.

As far as addiction to Dungeons & Dragons I am sure that I do not want to overcome it. smile.gif

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Overcoming Dungeons & Dragons Addiction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,