Perception Of Female Fighters In Video Games

Perception Female Fighters Video Games - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 27th Nov, 2016 - 2:00pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 19 62 194 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

+  1 2 3 
  Perception Female Fighters In Video Games Do video games portray women badly?
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2004 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #

Xtrasweetgirl
A Friend

I was wondering what you all thought about the way female fighters are portrayed in video games, comic books, and animation. Do you think sexist stereotypes are still being conveyed in games like "Dead or Alive" And "King of Fighters"?

Attached Image
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2004 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + G.I. Jane
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 3,057
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 22.2%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 182

Games Video Fighters Female Perception

I don't know about those specific games, but it seems like women superheros are still always scantilly clad.

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2013 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Perception Of Female Fighters In Video Games Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Should games be penalised for barely-there outfits?

Many moons ago, I used to be a pint-sized Golden Axe addict. Ref. Source 6
Post Date: 14th Nov, 2016 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

Member Member
[?] CPosts: 72
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 3.8%
[+] Gain: 91.52 FP
Charm: none

I'll admit the women characters are all portrayed as sex objects in video games and that's because it sells. I do not hear any guys complaining and they're probably the biggest buyers.

Post Date: 20th Nov, 2016 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

Premium Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 663
Avg: 12.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 875.34 FP
Charm: 56

Sex sells, that has always been the case, and likely will always remain the case. I'm a heterosexual male, and as much as I wish I could claim that eye candy in media doesn't have some impact on my preferences, I cannot. I tend to react less than most of my peers, but it is still there.

Now, that doesn't mean we shouldn't do something at minimum about the double standard, but getting developers to let go of such an easy money maker isn't going to be simple.

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2016 - 5:34am / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 26
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 2.4%
[+] Gain: 13.44 FP
Charm: 1

Its not unique to video games its everywhere. Women are seen primarily as sex objects no matter how intelligent, skilled or tactical they may be because in the eyes of a man he only sees what's on the surface.

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2016 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

Limited Member
[?] CPosts: 28
Avg: 0.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 8.3%
[+] Gain: 6.15 FP
Charm: 6

Perception Female Fighters Video Games

Personally as a female gamer I personally love those fantastic looking awesome costumes and wish I had the body to flaunt it once it a while too. When I was younger… 1) I was very skinny and could wear sexy clothes and liked to do so. 2) I loved drawing fashion outfits and they are amazing to look at. I do feel some of them are quite extreme and should be altered some but others are just fun to look at. There are games that do have the female characters in decent but female looking clothing or that they get armor, like scale male just like the men characters as well. So it isn't like they all do this, but yes, a lot do.

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2016 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

Premium Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 288
Avg: 3.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 77.6%
[+] Gain: 2,484.25 FP
Charm: 25

Perception Female Fighters Video Games

What if it was the opposite? A guy in some short tights with his stuff virtually out there. Not as appealing, at least not for me. *laugh* Its easier to use women, they're just more attractive, curvy, etc. Nicer to work with than a guy. You can put a dozen styles on a female body but with a guy it would look weird so....

Guest please SHARE: "Perception Of Female Fighters In Video Games" on:

+  1 2 3 
Sponsored Links:

Do you have any Perception Of Female Fighters In Video Games Tips
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
, please check your grammar before submitting. ?

Enable Smilies  Enable Signature

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Perception Of Female Fighters In Video Games

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2017
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

ROK II

The PvP Elitist

Devious

Hunter

Sensuality

Krusten

Romantic

Hunter

Friendship

Hunter

Chivalry

Hunter

Art of War

Hunter

Lover or Fighter?

The ROK II Player to Player interface allows your Character to make secret meetings with other Characters to create alliances or establish secret relationships. The option to reward each other in certain areas is offered: Devious, Sensual, Romantic, Friendship, Chivalry and the Art of War.

Highlights

Donald Trump: Can you see him as the next President of one of the most powerful countries in the world, the United States of America? By Abnninja 1.1 Day(s) Ago
The Trump Immigration Wall: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 3 Days Ago
Donald Trump & Muslims: Can Trump stop Islamist without aggrevating the Middle East? By News 5.9 Days Ago
Wide Screen Columns: Now your screen is not as empty as before. What are your thoughts about this new feature in the Community? By Hunter 1 Week Ago
Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By KNtoran 9th May, 2017 - 2:48pm
Russia vs USA: Will there be a World War over the expansion of Russia? By Abnninja 5th May, 2017 - 10:56am
Your Avatar: We have renovated our Avatar Gallery. If you have not already done so please select a new Avatar. See details: here. By JB 11th Apr, 2017 - 5:25pm
Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By KNtoran 11th Apr, 2017 - 3:39pm
Atheists Not To Be Feared!: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 9th Apr, 2017 - 2:02am
A Science Fiction Continue The Story RPG: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 5th Apr, 2017 - 12:02am
The 9.11 Conspiracy: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 22nd Mar, 2017 - 10:48pm
Another 9/11: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By News 11th Jan, 2016 - 4:57am

Updated every: 14 minutes