Perception Of Female Fighters In Video Games - Page 3 of 3

I understand both arguments on this topic. - Page 3 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 3:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
  Perception Female Fighters In Video Games Do video games portray women badly?
22nd Apr, 2017 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

Perception Of Female Fighters In Video Games - Page 3

I understand both arguments on this topic. As a female gamer, I will admit that a lot of times I prefer some of the more feminine armor. That being said, the main issue arises when female characters are ONLY portrayed in the overly-sexy attire. If players were given a range of armor to choose from (Maybe even allow women to wear the same armor as men and vice versa), I believe there would be much less complaint. Of course, this doesn't resolve issues with female NPCs. I believe if the "Sex factor" is justifiable in regards to the character's personality and profession, there is no issue. However, when a seasoned female knight is clad in only a bikini and helmet, this doesn't make sense in terms of the entire game. I understand that "Sex sells," but if I game cannot succeed without these sexualized characters, is it really a good game?

Sponsored Links:
+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Perception Of Female Fighters In Video Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,