Perception Of Female Fighters In Video Games - Page 2 of 3

Hmm, I have to say I think much of this is - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 11th Apr, 2017 - 10:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
  Perception Female Fighters In Video Games Do video games portray women badly?
Post Date: 27th Nov, 2016 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

Perception Of Female Fighters In Video Games
A Friend

Perception Of Female Fighters In Video Games - Page 2

While the female body is nice to look at with all the curves, I find that if you are a fighter you want full armor covering everything. I just do not think a steel bra and steel underwear is going to give a female as much protection as a full suit of steel armor. While many will think it is sexy it is impractical in my book.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Nov, 2016 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Games Video Fighters Female Perception

I'd like to see scant-ally dress men in armor as well. Bare chest with a bandilears across them and a kilt. I guess it goes both ways. But I think it should be equal for both. Although it does look better on woman but it would be interesting to see both even though very impractical for both genders.

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2016 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Perception Of Female Fighters In Video Games Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Yeah I figured the ladies gamers like to see big rugged fighters in little more than a loin cloth as the go about killing. I can picture the show Conan the barbarian is a good example of scantly clad men for women gamers.

28th Dec, 2016 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Games Video Fighters Female Perception

Yes and no, mattering the game and genre I feel. Admittedly, like many developers of games and producers of movies, it has been found that for many customers sex appeal sells and because of such you can find such almost all over the place.

At the same time, just because an female character is attractive and secual does not make her a negative character for woman.

For example, Bayonetta is a very sexual character but based on her personality it is clear for those who play that she takes ownership of her attractiveness and sexuality.

She is very dominate and power woman who is who flaunts without concern or care. More, it should be noted, that others do not really comment on this and do not treat her as lesser. She is a confidant and self motivating woman, who fight because she wants to and is without a doubt the most badass character in the franchise.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Games Video Fighters Female Perception

Video games influence sexist attitudes

The images and roles of female characters in video games send a powerful message that can influence the underlying attitudes of gamers. Researchers found a link between video game exposure and sexism in a new study of more than 13,000 adolescents. Ref. Source 2t.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 2:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think many male gamers need to learn what is portrayed on the games is not real life. It is a fantasy life and they need to learn that you just do not treat a female in real life like you do female characters. I guess watching how one uses or treats a female character will show how they may possibly view the females they meet in real life if they can put down the controllers.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Perception Female Fighters Video Games - Page 2

Video games also portray different cultures. One of the reasons I clicked on this is because the picture the OP used to portray "Sexualized" women is a concept art drawing of a Night elf woman from World of Warcraft. Within the lore of the game, female Night elves have a matriarchal society where women are the leaders of society and are worshiped as religious figures. While I realize this is more of a general question, I think too many people become hung up on the outfits and never consider that perhaps there's a logical reason behind a particular character/race's design.

A better example would probably be female characters in shooter-games where bare skin could lead to grievous injuries, where men have full armor. Or in Skyrim, where your female character can run around in the cold mountains with their midriff showing, as opposed to a race of people who worship their females.

I'm not going to argue that sexualization within video games exist, but just because a female character is wearing little clothing, doesn't mean a.) it is done only for the male players, or b.) that it is totally out of place. Probably an unpopular opinion, but I guess someone has to play devil's advocate.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Perception Female Fighters Video Games Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 2

Hmm, I have to say I think much of this is due to sexist attitudes. I understand what nightlain is saying, but I think a lot of it plays to adolescent boys and young men, who represent a huge segment of the community.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Perception Of Female Fighters In Video Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,