Favorite Ice Cream

Favorite Ice Cream - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 17th Mar, 2004 - 4:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 

?
Poll: Of the following which kind of ice cream or versions do you like...
  The kind you buy at the supermarket       25.00%
  The kind you get from the ice cream truck       0.00%
  The kind only available from an ice cream only shop       12.50%
  Any kind of machine made ice cream       0.00%
  Home made ice cream       50.00%
  Slush version similar to a milkshake       12.50%
  Similar to yogart       0.00%
  Forzen ice type (italian)       0.00%
Total Votes: 8
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
  Favorite Ice Cream And ways to prepare it...
16th Mar, 2004 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

Favorite Ice Cream

I love ice cream… I would probably eat it more often were it not for the fat, price and mucus that you end up with after. Anyhow… how do you like your ice cream?

In Trinidad on the streets they sell commercial brands and traditional homemade ones. Of course you can always buy the machine made ones too… I love homemade. The flavors in homemade ice cream are a lot stronger. Occasionally I do like the machine ones too because of that super dairy taste.

My favorite flavor is pistachio and then chocolate. Butterscotch and pecan is nice too!

Update: I no longer eat ice cream, I am vegan now.

Image from MorgueFile public domain.

Favorite Ice Cream
Favorite Ice Cream (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
16th Mar, 2004 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

Cream Ice Favorite

Ice Cream is my favorite food! It is just about my only source of dairy. I am trying to cut down now though so I am not eating it as often as I used to.

My favorites are: anything chocolate based like Chocolate Macadamia Nut, Rocky Road, etc.

I also love Grapenut, Frozen Pudding, Pistachio Nut, Banana with Chocolate Sprinkles (in new england we call them jimmies).

I don't think I have met an ice cream flavor I didn't like. biggrin.gif Well, not exactly true, I don't care for plain vanilla, except on pie, or chocolate swirl.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 16th Mar, 2004 - 5:31pm

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2004 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

Favorite Ice Cream
A Friend

Favorite Ice Cream Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

wink.gif hi how is the homemade icecream differs from the factory made icecream
bye
david clarke

17th Mar, 2004 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

Cream Ice Favorite

About the same as homemade pie vs. store-bought. Or homemade cake vs. store-bought.

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2004 - 3:24am / Post ID: #

Favorite Ice Cream
A Friend

Cream Ice Favorite

Homemade ice cream tends to have richer, fuller flavor. I love homemade strawberry ice cream, yet I can not stand the flavor of store bought strawberry.

In making homemade, one thing I have learned is DO NOT use cream that is 45% or more butter fat! Or you will end up with ice cream that is more butter than ice cream.

I think my list will be shorter if I list what I don't like: Strawberry, Neapolitan, and Creme Brule.

I'm like Tenaheff, I love anything chocolate based, and Bordeaux Cherry.
Yum Yum Yum Yum. angel.gif *died and gone to heaven*

17th Mar, 2004 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

Favorite Ice Cream

Oh man I love ice cream. I have a hard time saying "no"... Some of my faves are chocolate chip cookie dough, plain vanilla with chocolate sauce, frozen yogurt (c'mon, it's ice cream!) with granola on top, and chocolate. And pralines n' cream smile.gif

Yep. On my way to the freezer right now... we just got a new 1/2 gallon of chocolate and Nestle Crunch bar smile.gif woo hoo

Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Mar, 2004 - 3:48am / Post ID: #

Favorite Ice Cream

Hey, what is this... this thread wasn't meant to tempt you all... Farseer! Go put that back... wait... what is that I am seeing... one bowl is enough.... not two bowls wink.gif

Is there anyway to make Ice cream without and ice cream machine?

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2004 - 4:06am / Post ID: #

Favorite Ice Cream
A Friend

Favorite Ice Cream Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

JB, here is a basic recipe for you. Here is a link that gives more recipes. Enjoy!
https://www.freerecipe.org/Dessert/Frozen/I...ream/index.html

1 pint milk
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons water
3/4 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla

Scald the milk*, stirring constantly. Mix the flour and cold water to a smooth paste and add to it slowly the scalded milk, continuing the stirring. When thickened, cook over hot water for about fifteen minutes. Add sugar and beaten egg yolks and cook two minutes. Strain the custard through a fine sieve and, when cold, add the cream and vanilla and freeze. This makes a smooth, rich cream. For variation, use dark brown sugar or maple sugar instead of the white sugar.

*I don't think you need to scald the milk unless you use raw milk, so I would just heat to almost scald, then add the flour/water paste, etc.

Reconcile Edited: AGene on 17th Mar, 2004 - 4:09am

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Favorite Ice Cream

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,