Tobago Crime - Page 3 of 3

Name: George Comments: Talking about tourism, - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 2nd Oct, 2017 - 9:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Trinidad Tobago Crime in Tobago
Tobago Crime Related Information to Tobago Crime
Make sure to also visit: Crime TTCrime.com
Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2010 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

Tobago Crime - Page 3

Name: Muse

Comments: This is a little late to the post, too, but I just wanted to point out that in May 2008 I was the victim of a violent crime in Tobago. I was a foreigner living in Trinidad and a friend and I had decided to take a trip to Tobago. I had thought the danger would be in Trinidad -- never faced any problem in the 6 months I lived there. First night in Tobago sexually assaulted and robbed at knife point in the middle of the night. Never was reported on the news or anything. It was like it never happened. Much later when the two British tourists were sexually assaulted, they arrested some guy (who knows if it was the right guy) and in passing they mentioned that in addition to the many counts of s-xual assault and robbery he faced, he had robbed some people in May of 2008 (us). Tobago? Don't think I'll be going back... That's it. Never knew if this was the right guy or whether he was actually ever convicted.

Sponsored Links:
27th Dec, 2010 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

Crime Tobago

I was reading an interview with British couple Peter and Murium Green, if you all remember they were brutally attacked in Tobago last year. Well, at that time when I read what happened and later on their words defending Tobago despite this horrible incident and that they would be returning I thought those words were just words coming out of "shock", after all these two people were almost killed and anyone in that situation wouldn't be saying that.

Anyhow, they changed their minds about this whole thing and they are now speaking up about what truly transpired with the police AND at the hospital. Some extracts of the interview:

international QUOTE
One aggravating factor, the couple said, was when a man, who they identified as Farid Hinds, who claimed to be an official of the Tourism Ministry based in Tobago visited them in England months after the attack bearing gifts -- a miniature steelpan and a brightly patterned beach wrap.
The couple said they invited Hinds into their home and, in return, they were asked to return to Tobago to take part in Carnival.
"He wanted us to sit on a float and tell everybody what a fantastic country Tobago is," says Murium.

"I"ve never spoken about this before, because I didn't want to cause any further trouble for Trinidad and Tobago, but I found some of my treatment in the hospital appalling".
"The doctors did all they could for me but one nurse would whisper to me that I was a "white bastard" and that I would be "punished" at night".
"On one occasion, my sister saw a nurse washing my open wounds with a cloth which she had previously used to wash my bottom. When my sister complained, the nurses refused to let her in to see me for an entire day".
"The truth is, there are some Tobagonians who hate foreigners and aren't afraid to show it. The entire time I was in hospital, I was terrified. When I finally flew home after three weeks, I"ll never forget the relief I felt," said Peter.

The couple, however, went on to add that they have not yet received any of the compensation promised to them by Chief Secretary of the Tobago House of Assembly (THA), Orville London.
"We"re not poor; we worked hard and saved for our retirement. But we"ve had to spend a lot of money on our rehabilitation. We"re entitled to nothing from the British Government because the attack happened abroad, but we feel very upset and disappointed that we"ve had nothing from Tobago. It feels as if they don't care," Peter said.

Peter said when he called the police sergeant in charge of the investigation to enquire about a new date for the trial, the officer told him he did not know.
international QUOTE
"The longer we were there, the more of the other side of Tobago we saw.

"We knew women who had been raped and other people who had been violently attacked.

"We were robbed four times and we had to install heavy bars across the windows at our villa.

"This year, there have been more than 400 murders there. It's not safe."

Mr Green said: "During our time in Tobago, we fired someone who worked for us because we suspected that person had been stealing from us.

"But prior to that, we had made arrangements to leave the villa to that person after we died.

"Obviously we changed those arrangements, and they found out and were angry.

"We told the police, who interviewed the person but didn't take it any further.

"They seem to blame us, which is very frightening as we have to go back there for a hearing on January 11."

28th Jan, 2011 - 3:42am / Post ID: #

Tobago Crime Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Well if we take into consideration the type of crimes that were committed in Tobago with regards to foreigners we can surely say the issue is serious no matter what anyone else says. Tobago should be super protected because of our tourism however it isn't.

Post Date: 11th Feb, 2017 - 1:40pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Crime Tobago

Name: George

Title: Murder in Tobago

Comments: With the report of another murder in Tobago occurring so soon after another the police ought to start searching for someone from Trinidad who has taken up residence there or is in the habit of visiting Tobago regularly. Normally as the record would show Tobagonians are not in the business of killing their own kind. Anyway such murders are extremely rare on that island.

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2017 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

Crime Tobago

Title: The future of Tobogs tourist industry looks bleak

Comments: The building of any new holiday complexes such as sandals in Tobago is now a dodgy investment. With rising crime in Tobago the chances of the expansion or even the continuance of the present dwindling flow of tourist to our once paradise remains in doubt. We have seen what has happened here in Trinidad. Once we had a steady flow of overseas visitors from the cruise ships to this island now you will be very lucky to see on the published itinerary of any cruise ship company Port of Spain as a calling port. The rogue, pickpockets and thieves of unemployed citizens and the brigade of smart men seen hanging around in Frederick street are to be blamed for our decline in the tourist industry. We have an army of citizens in this nation who are quite prepared to cut off their noses to spoil their faces,as they have been led to believe that crime pays here.It is now too late to try to reverse the present trend and by the looks of the recent decline in visitors to Tobago they too are most likely to end up in the same boat as their sister island Trinidad. It is therefore no wonder that investors are thinking twice about committing themselves to any business venture in Tobago which relies on tourism.The future of tourism in Tobago looks.

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2017 - 9:18am / Post ID: #

Tobago Crime

Comments: Talking about tourism, we must face the facts where T8T especially where Trinidad is concerned there is just too much crime which has now stretched its tentacles to Tobago. Just look into any advertisement in the worldwide travel publications and you may still see an invitation to come to Tobago but no mention of Trinidad. Once Tobago was advertised by the cruise ship companies regularly as a tourist destination, however, nowadays, these advertisements are difficult to come by in travel publications. Only when the authorities here stem the flow of crimes on these two islands we could expect the roaming tourist to visit our shores in droves. Perhaps this is the reason for the delay in finalising the Sanders agreement to build a holiday complex in Tobago.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Tobago Crime

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,