Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots

Trinidad State Emergency Crime Hot Spots - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 22nd Aug, 2011 - 11:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (18) »
State Of Emergency in Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago State of Emergency And Curfew - How will this affect law abiding citizens? Who will be able to move around, what are the specific areas that have been affected? Will this solve the violent upsurge in crime throughout Trinidad and Tobago or will we start to see more of these being required? What are your views?
Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots Related Information to Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots
Make sure to also visit: Crime TTCrime.com
Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2011 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

Please feel free to reply to this thread if you wish to participate:

State of Emergency And Curfew In Crime Hot Spots

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar has announced a limited State of Emergency in crime hot spots in Trinidad and Tobago. Curfew starts tomorrow.

Under a limited State of Emergency, persons from the military will have certain powers, such as seizures and search and arrest. These officers in the military will augment the manpower in the Police Service.

"Such limited State of Emergency, pursuant to Section 8.1 of our Constitution and Section 8.2, will take effect as of midnight tonight (Sunday). The limited State of Emergency will allow us to achieve a number of things in relation to crime reduction which would not be prudent for me to disclose in advance of the action taken. We are aware that such a decision will have an impact on the daily lives of innocent, law-abiding citizens in these areas but I feel confident that they will recognise and appreciate the need to protect them and bring the current crime surge affecting them under control."

Source 3

Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
22nd Aug, 2011 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Spots Hot Crime Emergency State Trinidad

Oh my goodness, this is freaking me out! Why they didn't say the areas if the curfew starts tomorrow? Lord, we reached...

22nd Aug, 2011 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I just came after reading the Express, they didn't identify the areas yet (tomorrow) but the newspaper has the following trouble zones: Arima, Arouca, Beetham, Carenage, Cunupia, Diego Martin, Enterprise, Felicity, Gasparillo, Grand Couva, Hermitage, Icacos, Laventille, Maloney, Morvant, Sea Lots, Trincity, Pigeon Point, Crown Point.

Source 3

22nd Aug, 2011 - 2:37am / Post ID: #

Trincity? I can't believe it! I would like to know more because my mother lives there and I want to know exactly what this whole state of emergency is all about. Anyone?....God help this nation, our country has been taken over by criminals!

22nd Aug, 2011 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

I know there are certain areas in Diego Martin that definetely has serious issues with crime but not all. I live in Westmoorings and even though we're not totally happy with the current situation we're still pretty okay.

I hope Mrs. Kamla knows what she's doing because announcing this is a serious business and I hope there is a plan in place.

22nd Aug, 2011 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

Wow...I'm kind of speechless after this announcement. I'm just hoping for the best and pray that those in government know what they're doing.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Aug, 2011 - 11:09am / Post ID: #

Trinidad State Emergency Crime Hot Spots

When are they going to announce the list of hot spots? They should have wait for that list first before announcing the state of emergency so people who work shift in these areas will know what to do.

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2011 - 11:33am / Post ID: #

Trinidad State Emergency Crime Hot Spots Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

Name: Guixavr

Title: State of emergency

Comments: Sorry but there was no murders in Diego Martin for the Year... Mrs Westmoorings So don't point fingers.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (18) »

> TOPIC: Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,