Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother' S Day! - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 9th May, 2004 - 11:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (9) »
If you are reading this, then for sure you have/had a mother. Share your thoughts about what you are going to do for Mother's Day.
2nd May, 2004 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

Happy Mother's Day!

Whatever your situation, Happy Mother's Day to all of our Moms here, and anyone who ever had a Mom biggrin.gif In the USA on the second Sunday of the month of May, we celebrate Motherhood and honor our Mothers. For some, the entire family gathers and they have a feast like our Thanksgiving day; others may send flowers and call their moms for lengthy conversation; some may visit a graveside with their siblings -- or alone -- to honor a cherished memory.

How do you honor your Mom on this day?

Sponsored Links:
2nd May, 2004 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Day Mothers Happy

Farseer here is an advanced Happy Mother's Day to you... it is good that you started this thread and I am going to highlight it and stick it up too wink.gif

2nd May, 2004 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

Happy Mother's Day! Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

In Argentina Mother's Day is all the way in October. I don't know what I plan to do this day, I do hope to get spoil rotten wink.gif Happy Mother's Day for all moms in our forum!. smile.gif

Post Date: 3rd May, 2004 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

Happy Mother's Day!
A Friend

Day Mothers Happy

When us kids were still all at home, Mother's day was one of the day's that Mom did not cook. We, 'er Dad and my two older sister's that is, did the cooking. We picked flowers and presented them to Mom and Grandma. She wouldn't allow us to buy her gifts on this day. Her birthday was the 16th of May, and on that day we could buy gifts. So for Mother's day we offered her the gift of ourselves. On a day of her choosing we would do what ever she asked. Mop the floors, iron all the clothes, take our baby sister or brother for a walk or to the neighborhood park, wash the windows, weed the garden, etc. The job she asked of each of us was not something we normally did either, nor was it generally one we especially liked.

In her own way, she was teaching us the spirit of sacrifice through giving of ourselves.

Mom passed on in 1988, and I have found that I really miss the giving of my time and talents for Mother's Day.

My best friend is 20 years older than me, and at times I think of her as my *Foster* Mom. Her own children will not have anything to do with her, and so I *fill* in on the holidays. On Mother's day, she gets a card and a basket of fruit, and a *coupon* that says that she is the recipient of 8 hours of labor to use as she sees fit, and then the coupon expires in one year. She knows she is going to get the same thing every Mother's day from me, yet she looks forward to it. She does use that Labor Coupon too! Last year I scrubbed her house: ceiling, walls, cupboards, and (aargh) windows.

So thank you FarSeer, for this timely posting, it is now time to design and print the *Labor Coupon*. And may I express my Mother's Day wishes to all the Mom's here on the Forum.

favorite.gif Happy Mother's Day balloon.gif

8th May, 2004 - 5:04pm / Post ID: #

Day Mothers Happy

First of all I would like to wish All Mother's within this community a very Happy Mother's Day! Second, in celebration of this I have added yet another contest (makes two total) for you to enjoy! (Check the contest board for details)

8th May, 2004 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day for all the mothers in the world! JB, thanks for your contests wink.gif those monies could be come so handy to me that I'm in minus points right now undecided.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th May, 2004 - 4:42am / Post ID: #

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day, everyone! Hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow smile.gif Even those who are not moms, please honor *your* moms in your own special way.

Roz

9th May, 2004 - 11:33am / Post ID: #

Happy Mother's Day! Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Here is some humor for Mother's Day that you can probably add to a card or a letter you might send:

international QUOTE
My Mother Taught Me About…

My Mother Taught Me About…

1. My Mother taught me about ANTICIPATION...
"Just wait until your father gets home."

2. My Mother taught me about RECEIVING....
"You are going to get it when we get home!"

3. My Mother taught me to MEET A CHALLENGE...
"What were you thinking? Answer me when I talk to you! Don't talk back to me!"

4. My Mother taught me LOGIC...
"If you fall out off that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

5. My Mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE...
"If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."

6. My Mother taught me to THINK AHEAD...
"If you don't pass your spelling test, you'll never get a good job."

7. My Mother taught me HUMOR...
"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

8. My Mother taught me how to BECOME AN ADULT...
"If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

9. My Mother taught me about GENETICS...
"You're just like your father."

10. My Mother taught me about my ROOTS...
"Do you think you were born in a barn?"

11. My Mother taught me about WISDOM OF AGE...
"When you get to be my age, you will understand."

And last but not least…

12. My Mother taught me about JUSTICE...
"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you.... Then you'll see what it's like!"
Ref. Source

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Happy Mother's Day!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,