Spanking Children In Public

Spanking Children Public - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 30th May, 2004 - 5:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
Best of  Spanking Children In Public Your thoughts...
Spanking Children In Public Related Information to Spanking Children In Public
Post Date: 20th May, 2004 - 10:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

How do you feel about children being spanked in public? I see some people get upset when seeing a child getting spanked. Some places in the states have a no spanking zone. (Some parts of California) If caught spanking your children you could be fined. I know for a fact in Germany, you are not allowed to spank your children. The polizei (German Police) will arrest you for child abuse. I know this might seem strange but the German kids are well behaved. There no where as bad as the kids in the states. How do they view public spankings in Trinidad ?
Also so here is a scenario below, what would you do ?

Your at a supermarket walking down the aisle and your 4 year old picks up their favorite snack. You tell your child to put the snack back. Your child throws the snack down and begins screaming and kicking the shopping cart. What do you do ?

A. Tell your child that's not nice and to behave themself.

B. Count to 10 and tell them if they don't straighten up by the time you finish counting. There's going to be trouble.

C. Just snap and give them a spanking they will never forget.

D. Take your child to the car and spank them.

E. None of the above.

Image from MorgueFile public domain.

Spanking Children In Public (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
20th May, 2004 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

Public Children Spanking

I have had this happen with my grandson. I tell him that he is going to get a time out when we get home unless he stops. He usually stops. If he doesn't he gets a time out when we go home. While he is throwing his little fit, though, I simply ignore him. This behavior is done for attention or to get what they want. If from the very beginning the child consistently sees that this behavior doesn't get them what they want, they will stop doing it. The problem is when the consequences are inconsistant. If it sometimes gets them what they want so that you are not embarrassed in public, then they will always do it because how do they know this is the one time it won't work.

If I am going to publicly hit any child it would need to be something I deemed extremely necessary. Somehow I thought it would save their life then and couldn't wait. I don't believe any child should be punished publicly. There is an amount of humiliation that goes with public punishment that I believe is counter productive in trying to raise children lovingly, yet firmly teaching them right from wrong.

20th May, 2004 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

Spanking Children In Public Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Here in Trinidad, the parents hit a lot to their children sad.gif yes to the extreme of child abuse. Many cases recently in the news about parents murdering the children, just plain sickening. I cannot wait to move from here. Just only a couple of years ago physical punishment was removed in the schools (just to show you the extent of it).
My son is a EXTREMELY hyper child, I tell you sometimes I really feel to give him a 'stay quiet' but I try to control myself, in public I chastise him a lot because he tends to act up more outside the home. I am against hitting children, I think it is horrible. I see parents here hitting the children with belts and all sorts of stuff! awful! so spanking for them is not a big issue, it is for me.

Post Date: 21st May, 2004 - 4:00am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Public Children Spanking

I do not believe in spanking children in public. I don't know that I will ever spank my children at all. I agree with Tena. When children realize that their behavior won't get them what they want, they will stop. Parents just have to be firm and consistent in their means of handling those types of situations.

21st May, 2004 - 7:34am / Post ID: #

Public Children Spanking

If my child throws a fit like that, we leave the store, basket full or not, because I don't tolerate that type of behavior in public. I do believe in spanking, but never in public, and only for outright defiant or dangerous behavior. My mother did that, and threatened to do that: "I'll spank you right here in front of God and everybody!" she would say. Terrible memories.

IMO
Roz

29th May, 2004 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

If my child throws a fit like that, we leave the store, basket full or not

Honestly, I dont have time to do this. My kid needs to understand the purpose of us being at the store, which is to purchase groceries. I do believe in spanking (when necessary) and making them mind. In that situation, I would use the count to 10 technique, and yes, I will enforce it if necessary. I grew up in Trinidad, and to agree with LDS_forever, I did, and still do believe that punishment there was pushed to the extreme. But I also believe that spanking is necessary. What is the quote "Spare the rod and spoil the child". I agree with this completely.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th May, 2004 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

Spanking Children Public

Honestly, I dont have time to do this. My kid needs to understand the purpose of us being at the store, which is to purchase groceries.

I think we need to remember that the most important thing we will do in life is teach our children how to behave properly in society. I would bet if you left the store just once with children in tow and then punished them for it when you got them home, it probably would be enough. I agree your children need to understnad the purpose for being at the store, but we must teach them this through our actions. Consistently, firmly and lovingly, in my opinion.

30th May, 2004 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

Spanking Children Public Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

My point with leaving the store when the child is misbehaving is this. By the time you go through the checkout counter and get to the car, the child has already forgotten about their misbehavior. If you attempt to correct the child while they are exhibiting the behavior then it is better reinforced. Plus the child understands that their action is not going to make you change what you are doing. If we've come to the store to get groceries, then we stay there until we get all our groceries.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Spanking Children In Public

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,