Spanking Children In Public - Page 2 of 6

I may have been frustrated or a little upset - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 23rd Apr, 2008 - 6:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Best of  Spanking Children In Public Your thoughts...
Spanking Children In Public Related Information to Spanking Children In Public
30th May, 2004 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Spanking Children In Public - Page 2

I understand your point. It depends upon the age of the child. Also, in my opinion, for this to work, you wouldn't go through the check out. You would just leave. This isn't going to work for a 4 year old, but a 7 or 8 year old would certainly understand the severity of making the parent upset enough to have to leave the store. At any rate, not every suggestion or idea will be acceptable or workable for all people in all situations. What is a good and effective course of action for one will not be so for another.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Jun, 2004 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

Spanking Children In Public
A Friend

Public Children Spanking

I have spanked my boys on occasion, although I don't spank my 6 y/o any more. For him, taking away his Playstation time is a more effective punishment. My 3 y/o is another matter. He's often very defiant and will continue an undesired activity or behavior after being told to stop several times. My husband and I first try to make him take a time-out. Then we try to direct him towards an acceptable activity. If he returns to the negative behavior, the countdown begins... 1..2...3...4...5... if he hasn't quit he gets a swat on the butt, nothing major- but it gets his attention. I'm glad to report that more and more often, once the countdown begins he starts behaving properly.

As far as spanking in public... there are too many zealots in America who will immediately pick up the phone and report the parents to authorities. And, no, I do not favor public corporal punishment. No one deserves that type of humiliation.

29th Mar, 2007 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Spanking Children In Public Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

You're not allowed to spank your children in public here in the Uk, in fact if you spank your child at home or elsewhere and you leave even a tiny mark, you are liable for imprisonment!
I can see partly that child abuse is being tried to be wiped out, but one poor guy(in my opinion) he merely tapped his child in public, and was imprisoned..it doesn't seem right to me, nor does it teach any family values that the dad is in prison and the child is raised in a single parent family, and the parent ends up with a criminal record for trying to raise his child.

Of course if it were an extreme case of punishment, then yes, I would say that he deserved it, but it's just a case of 'political correctness' gone crazy (in this instance at least) In my humble opinion.

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2008 - 11:10am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Public Children Spanking

Name: Guest

Comments: If my child was acting like that, it would be very clear what would happen. I would not count, and I don't believe in counting. The child should do what you ask when you ask, and not wait until it is nearing the end of the sequence. I would instruct the child what to do. If the child did not listen, we would walk to the bathroom, find and empty stall, and get to business.

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2008 - 2:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Public Children Spanking

IN my opinion I see nothing wrong with corporal punishment. As long as you are not leaving any marks on the child. Too many kids and non parents think that it is child abuse if a parent corrects their child with the use of a spanking. I know I have used spanking to get a point across that this behavior will not be accepted. The child has gotten the point. I have not left marks when I spank for I believe you do not spank out of anger. Spanking is done as a correction for your childs behavior.

I feel sorry for those in the UK who can not correct their children without going to prison. If I was over there I know where I would be.

23rd Apr, 2008 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

KNtoran:

I believe you do not spank out of anger.

How realistic is that? When a parent spanks is usually at the heat of the moment, it is VERY unlikely that the parent calmly will say "I will come back in 30 minutes to spank you" spock.gif

How do you deal if you find your child hitting another. Do you spank him and say "hitting" is not acceptable?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Apr, 2008 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Spanking Children Public - Page 2

Having been there on a few occasions. I stand my ground look at he 4 year old and ask them do you think God likes what you are doing right now? Guilt trip maybe be but It gets their attention. I find then I can ask them to pick up what they did and go apologize to the closest store employee. I get strange looks but after a time or two of having to be accountable for what they did it stops.

I also keep in ind is it late and is the child just plain pst his time for bed then I give a bit of leeway.

I doubt I would slap his behind in public as you can be guaranteed the cops will be at your door when you get home and do you really need a social worker living with you for 6 months while you prove you are fit to care for your own children. At home if they take a huge hissy fit you bet the get a quick smack on the rump and told to settle down. But they are also then told why what they did is wrong and apologize are made. If I am in the wrong as it does sometimes happed I ask them what I should have for a punishment and apologize to them.

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2008 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Spanking Children Public Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

I may have been frustrated or a little upset but I still have not spanked out of anger. Most of the time I was embarrassed at what my child had the gall to do. I figured I raised them better than that. If the child hit someone else I did not spank them. I told them no that is not acceptable and made them go apologize to the child or adult they hit. Usually followed by not going to the activity they were wanting. This way the punishment quickly follows the crime. I guess I should make it clear that when I spanked it was one smack and not hard enough to hurt usually to startle them when they were little. As they grew I did not use corporal punishment.

I have taken things away from them as a means to punishment too.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Spanking Children In Public

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,