The Matrix

The Matrix - Matrix Trilogy - Plugged RPG - Posted: 4th Sep, 2011 - 1:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

The first movie in the Matrix Trilogy. Some refer to the first Matrix movie as the "classic" and that Reloaded and Revolutions (Discussed in other Threads) were not as good. Was the original Matrix film the start and end to a good thing? What are your thoughts? Directed by Larry and Andy Wachowski, starring Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, Carrie-Anne Moss, Joe Pantoliano, and Hugo Weaving.
24th May, 2004 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

The Matrix

Matrix

The Matrix

When this movie first came out I did not see it, I thought it was another one of those 'shoot em up' type movies. I saw it years later via public television and was rather impressed with the effects, especially the slow down and speedup effect now used by other film productions. Of the three I thought this one was the best! Of course you get the best perspective of the world of the Matrix and you see Neo learning his potential powers which makes all the difference.

Sponsored Links:
17th Aug, 2004 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

Matrix The

Matrix

The Matrix (first movie 1999) gave us a good understanding of how humans were kept and used, but here is something puzzling - let us examine the plot of the machines: use humans as batteries - what would be the 'cost' of such a project? Were humans really being used for their energy? Considering that human energy is just enough to keep their own bodies alive why would machines set up large amounts of equipment that need lots of energy just to get a bit from a human? Unless we take into consideration that they would have to have billions and billions of people making one 'nebula' of energy? Also, what about earth resources? Gas, oil, etc - why weren't they used?

17th Aug, 2004 - 3:20am / Post ID: #

The Matrix RPG Plugged Trilogy Matrix

Matrix

The humans as energy scheme was just another tactic to convince humans that they were free. If they believed they were not plugged in and being used for energy, then they would accept their reality in Zion, which we, or at least I, believe is still not a reality. The humans that are plugged in provide the energy to run the Matrix, I believe, which is ironic, because they in effect would be powering their own world. I would hope machines that are intelligent enough to construct such a world like the Matrix would be able to develop a sustainable power source that did not rely on light or natural resources. What that is though I have no idea undecided.gif

Offtopic but,
Mr. Architect, I would pay serious FP to get that fade in effect for my avatar as you have been boasting on the boards.

17th Aug, 2004 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

Matrix The

Matrix

Interesting theory. Really this thing can be discussed to death. Yesterday I read elsewhere where there are three distinct books that were read by the Brothers including Keanu in relation to the theories of the movie and why things happen the way they do.

Offtopic but,
laugh.gif that would be a paid for service as FP would not benefit my time to create it wink.gif

12th Dec, 2004 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

Matrix The

Matrix

I may have to retract my statement from earlier in this thread, because after watching Reloaded and Revolutions again, I wonder whether the Zionites are actually free or not. Back to the original Matrix movie though. How did Neo survive being shot at point blank range by Mr. Smith? If he was indeed human he would have died right away. Yet he died for a short time, then came back to life. Makes me wonder whether Neo is even human at all, or a mixture of human and machine, like the Terminator. Everyone remembers when the Terminator was supposedly dead, and he revived himself. This is what happened to Neo. What do you think?

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2011 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

The Matrix

THE MATRIX Thomas A. Anderson is a man living two lives. By day he is an average computer programmer and by night a malevolent hacker known as Neo. Neo has always questioned his reality but the truth is far beyond his imagination. Neo finds himself targeted by the police when he is contacted by Morpheus, a legendary computer hacker branded a terrorist by the government. Morpheus awakens Neo to the real world, a ravaged wasteland where most of humanity have been captured by a race of machines which live off of their body heat and imprison their minds within an artificial reality known as the Matrix. As a rebel against the machines, Neo must return to the Matrix and confront the agents, super powerful computer programs devoted to snuffing out Neo and the entire human rebellion.

The Matrix
The Matrix (Hover)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2011 - 5:05am / Post ID: #

The Matrix

Name: Yina

Comments: I still wonder why people think the first Matrix movie was better than the sequels and criticize it all the time. For me they were all as good and the sequels help you better understand the whole concept. I hope they come out with a Matrix 4!

4th Sep, 2011 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

The Matrix Matrix Trilogy Plugged RPG

Matrix

I feel those who talk like that do not understand the double meaning of the Matrix. They just see the face value of the film but not what it was trying to say.

> TOPIC: The Matrix

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
The Wachowskis and Warner Bros. are the original copyright holders, creators and producers of the Matrix Trilogy. Material used here is on the basis of "fan" site. Plugged RPG is a FREE custom built Text RPG based on the Matrix concept giving Players a chance to use the Matrix Theme in a Play by Post environment.