Oracle

Oracle - Matrix Trilogy - Plugged RPG - Posted: 8th Aug, 2004 - 5:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Seer of the future, mystery program protected by the Chinaman, who is she really?
Post Date: 24th May, 2004 - 3:43am / Post ID: #

Oracle

The mystery lady that keeps you wondering about her motives is the Oracle. She seems to know what will happen before it does yet she teaches of choice. Although hard to understand, by the end of the movie everything is understood well enough - the Oracle's job was to help Neo fulfill his task.

Sponsored Links:
29th May, 2004 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

Oracle

Matrix

From my research - one theory is that the Oracle is what brings in the human element for the machines. Basically when the first Matrix was created the 'world' was perfect, but there was no growth. Mr Smith expressed this when he said that humans measure by opposites (suffering for example). It seems that the Oracle was to bridge the gap that the machines needed in order to 'grow', something they were in capapble of without humans.

8th Aug, 2004 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Oracle RPG Plugged Trilogy Matrix

Matrix

Why does the Oracle look different in Matrix Revolutions? Is it that they could not find the same actress - or was this purposeful? Here is a line:

Oracle : "I wish the face you remember was the face that I was still wearing. But that face is gone...The Merovingian warned me that if I made a certain choice, it would cost me."

Now that is yet another mystery... what is that choice that she made? I noticed that the Frenchman had asked for her 'Eyes' was that part of the 'choice'?

8th Aug, 2004 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

Oracle

Matrix

I don't trust her much, something about her is not right. Didn't the Arquitect said she is also the other 'owner' of the Matrix?.

8th Aug, 2004 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

Oracle

Matrix

Maybe co-creator? She seems to be part of the system and yet seperate from it. Probably she is in there just like Neo - for a trial to see what choices will be made.

8th Aug, 2004 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

Oracle

Matrix

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 7-Aug 04, 8:30 PM)
Why does the Oracle look different in Matrix Revolutions? Is it that they could not find the same actress - or was this purposeful?

The reason for the different actress in Revolutions was because the original actress died right before the filming of Revolutions. So the brothers had to come up with a quick and original way of plugging in a new actress and changing the storyline to fit it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Aug, 2004 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

Oracle

Matrix

Oh wow, she died. Sad, did not know that. It is good that they were resourceful, but at the same time they could of at least mentioned it in Revolutions credits - or did they?

Offtopic but,
Malexander, you made that post 3 times? I deleted the extra 2

8th Aug, 2004 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

Oracle Matrix Trilogy Plugged RPG

Matrix

I am not sure if it was mentioned in the credits for Revolutions. This is where I read about it:

https://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,8926,00.html

Offtopic but,
I was having the hardest time posting to this topic this morning. Didnt even realize it posted that many times. oops!

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Oracle

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
The Wachowskis and Warner Bros. are the original copyright holders, creators and producers of the Matrix Trilogy. Material used here is on the basis of "fan" site. Plugged RPG is a FREE custom built Text RPG based on the Matrix concept giving Players a chance to use the Matrix Theme in a Play by Post environment.