Oracle - Page 2 of 3

QUOTE She seems to know what will happen before - Page 2 - Matrix Trilogy - Plugged RPG - Posted: 1st Nov, 2004 - 3:03am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Seer of the future, mystery program protected by the Chinaman, who is she really?
17th Aug, 2004 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

Oracle - Page 2

Matrix

I believe it all started this way - the Matrix needs to be rebooted. The way this is done is with the One selecting 23 people and everything is restarted. I believe this is done because the system cannot control the rebel attitude of humans. They will eventually grow to take over the Matrix and other things if they can. So a restart is necessary to kep them at bay. However, along comes the Oracle and suggests to the Architect that maybe they can make a 'deal' with the humans so that a reboot is not necessary. They would both save lives and at the same time have an accord with the humans. How long with last no one knows, but there is peace now.

Sponsored Links:
18th Aug, 2004 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

Oracle

Matrix

I agree with this completely, and sort of touched on this subject in this thread. For the Oracle to justify saving the humans, it is completely plausible to think that every system crash and reboot negatively affected the current set of humans in the matrix ie, they were terminated. So by allowing the humans to choose between the Matrix and Zion, they would not reject the construct, and thus both the Architect and the Oracle win; system reboots not necessary and human lives not lost.

18th Aug, 2004 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

Oracle RPG Plugged Trilogy Matrix

Matrix

I am glad you agree, here is one line from Reloaded that backs this up...

Architect: The function of the One is now to return to the Source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program. After which, you will be required to select from the Matrix 23 individuals - 16 female, 7 male - to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash, killing everyone connected to the Matrix, which, coupled with the extermination of Zion, will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race.
Neo: You won't let it happen. You can't. You need human beings to survive.
Architect: There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept. However, the relevant issue is whether or not you are ready to accept the responsibility of the death of every human being on this world. It is interesting, reading your reactions. Your 5 predecessors were, by design, based on a similar predication - a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species, facilitating the function of the One. While the others experienced this in a very general way, your experience is far more specific - vis a vis love.

Notice where he says 'the code you carry', this proves my theory about Neo receiving codes as he goes along.

The other thing the Architect points out is we are going to leave it up to you if we have a system crash. You know what... I think there might be a merger between human and machine, but because of the complexity of the human mind I think they cannot totally control humans so this was their plot. Therefore I am leaning towards there actually being humans involved in this since the issue is their minds in the Matrix.

18th Aug, 2004 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Oracle

Matrix

Probably the code that Neo is carrying is what was used from the 5 predecessors to make the matrix more acceptable to the humans. The Architect felt that this 6th Neo was going to make the same choice, but he did detect that there was a difference, therefore, his 'vis a vis love' quote. This quote also proves Neo was not human; he was a program that was generated from and needed to return to the source, aka, the Machine God at the end of Revolutions. What was unique about Neo was that he was a program implanted into a human, so he was the unity of the Oracle and the Architect, thus, the One. He therefore had the ability to have human emotions, but also because he is a program, he could manipulate the construct, ie fly, etc. Trinity maybe is called this because she is loved by Neo, who as I mentioned is 3 entities in one.

18th Aug, 2004 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

Oracle

Matrix

From another thread:

I am interested to know why she kept trying to feed Neo her cookies or candy. In Revolutions he (Neo) seems to have lost a bit of faith in her and refuses to take any more of the candy. I wonder what impact that had?

I read that it was her way to 'update' Neo (IF Neo is a program). Maybe he can be updated or re-programmed by 'eating' something:

Oracle [Matrix 1]: "One of you is going to die. Which one will be up to you...Here, take a cookie. I promise, by the time you're done eating it, you'll feel right as rain."

The Wachowski brothers said: "There was a piece cut out of the movie that explained the significance [of Neo eating the cookie] more. It's hard to explain."

18th Aug, 2004 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

Oracle

Matrix

The Wachowski brothers said: "There was a piece cut out of the movie that explained the significance [of Neo eating the cookie] more. It's hard to explain."

Well, hopefully when the extended versions come out in December this question will be answered. In the meantime, the debate is still there about the changing of the Oracle from Reloaded to Revolutions. We all know why that had to happen, but in the movie, the Oracle makes reference to the changing of her face and that Neo may know her by another face. To keep in line with the story of the Matrix, and to return to JB's question earlier, what significance does this new Oracle have? Since she is a new program, can she be expected to look different. Notice the agents from the original matrix did not reappear in Revolutions or Reloaded and they were referred too as upgrades.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Sep, 2004 - 11:47pm / Post ID: #

Oracle - Page 2

Matrix

In Reloaded it is interesting to note that the Oracle admits that Neo is indeed the One. She also admits that his choices had made her a believer - she probably doubted strong in the first movie because of Neo's 'gentle' demeanor? She doubted that this version would actually work.

1st Nov, 2004 - 3:03am / Post ID: #

Oracle Matrix Trilogy Plugged RPG - Page 2

Matrix

She seems to know what will happen before it does yet she teaches of choice

My way of thinking of that is that she knows what will happen, and yet it won't happen if she tells it always, or predicts everything correctly. For example, if Neo would have known he is the one, he would not have saved Morphio, therefore maybe not even being the one, since that scene is where he got his faith from.

So how she tells thing affect the ultimate future.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Oracle

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
The Wachowskis and Warner Bros. are the original copyright holders, creators and producers of the Matrix Trilogy. Material used here is on the basis of "fan" site. Plugged RPG is a FREE custom built Text RPG based on the Matrix concept giving Players a chance to use the Matrix Theme in a Play by Post environment.