Wear Specs Forever! Eye Surgery vs Contacts vs Glasses - Page 3 of 5

I have heard that dry eyes is a grave side - Page 3 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 31st Aug, 2006 - 10:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Why I do not just get lasik surgery and get rid of my specs once and for all - or is there an alternative?
Post Date: 21st May, 2006 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Wear Specs Forever! Eye Surgery vs Contacts vs Glasses
A Friend

Wear Specs Forever! Eye Surgery vs Contacts vs Glasses - Page 3

There is an alternative to getting lasiks. There is a method called the See Clearly Method.

https://www.seeclearlymethod.com/

I don't know what its about, I haven't tried I myself, I have only worn glasses for about a year. Its a series of "exercises" that supposedly strengthen your eyes so you can see good again. I have heard things for an against it, but if you opposed to lasik, you could try it, free trial offer too.

Sponsored Links:
21st May, 2006 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

Glasses Contacts Surgery Eye Forever Specs Wear

I have heard about those 'exercises', but I do not think it corrects myopic vision where the eyeball is not completely round. The exercises only work at strengthening the muscles of the eye.

21st May, 2006 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

Wear Specs Forever! Eye Surgery vs Contacts vs Glasses Health & Special Psychology

I would like to have lasik, but can't afford it. I have pretty bad astigmatism, and I am not at all sure that lasik would fix it. I have some contacts, but they don't do well with the astigmatism. When I wear them, I can't read anything much at all. It is particularly bad trying to read computers.

I am absolutely certain that it is genetic, since all of my children have similar problems with their eyes.

However, I guess that I will get to wear glasses for the rest of my life.

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2006 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Glasses Contacts Surgery Eye Forever Specs Wear

I wore glasses for 20 years before I had lasik surgery 4 years ago. I was very near-sighted with astigmatism, and contacts were very uncomfortable.

I was scared too but I am so glad I did it! It was expensive but they let me make payments on it, so it wasn't too bad. Plus I'm sure I've saved quite a bit not having to buy glasses or contacts.

The right eye is perfect vision and left is a little weaker. I never had problems with my eyes being dry, but there were halos around lights at night for about 2 years.

Also, there is no guarantee that you won't still need reading glasses when you're older.

30th Aug, 2006 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

Glasses Contacts Surgery Eye Forever Specs Wear

Can you describe the operation itself, more especially exactly what happened immediately after the surgery?

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2006 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sure! (I'll try to remember as accurately as possible)

After several appointments and preliminary tests, I went in for the surgery. I was given a valium (for the nervousness) and they put cleansing drops in my eyes, then some more drops to numb them.

After a few minutes I went to the O.R. and laid down and they put something around my head to keep me from moving it. Then they put things under my upper and lower lids to keep them open. (I couldn't feel any of this) They did one eye at a time.

Then they put a sort of suction cup on my eyeball to keep it from moving. There was a little pressure on the first eye and quite a bit on the 2nd one (very uncomfortable but not painful.)

They then cut the very outermost membrane of my eye right around the cornea, but not all the way. They left a small part uncut and folded back the membrane (this part they showed me in a video before the surgery)

This is then where they pointed the pulsing laser light in my eye. This part took under a minute, and the entire surgery took under 15 mins. I think.

Afterwards I noticed a difference immediately. It just looked like there was a heavy fog, but I could already tell my vision was better.

They gave me sunglasses and 2 different kinds of eyedrops I was supposed to use several times a day for a month. (One of them was awful. I could taste it when it ran down my tear ducts and to my throat.)

I went home and slept, and when I woke up the fog was almost gone.

For several months I had a very red spot on one of my eyes. Probably from the suction cup.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st Aug, 2006 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

Wear Specs Forever! Eye Surgery Contacts Glasses - Page 3

You described the surgery very well, Indygo. What happened to me was very similar but no red mark on my eye. My eyes are still extremely dry but they were before the surgery so I don't think it due to the surgery. It was a very disconcerting experience; feeling the pressure of the lasers. I'm usually very calm about these sorts of things but my blood pressure was over the roof before the surgery. The valium they give is very helpful. I remember being completely amazed at how well I could see immediately following the surgery. My eyes were very sun or light sensitive for the first day or two and I was given wrap around sun glasses which completely blocked sunlight for the ride home. Now, after five years, my left eye has blurred slightly but corrective lenses are not necessary because my right eye compensates.

31st Aug, 2006 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

Wear Specs Forever! Eye Surgery Contacts Glasses Psychology Special & Health - Page 3

I have heard that dry eyes is a grave side effect of this procedure, are people exaggerating or is it a case by case basis as it happened to Valla? Concerning the slight blur, is that just due to aging or something related to the procedure.

I am also interested in what kind of guarantees you got from the doctor(s) before and after surgery.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Wear Specs Forever! Eye Surgery vs Contacts vs Glasses

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,