Wear Specs Forever! Eye Surgery vs Contacts vs Glasses - Page 4 of 5

Data analysis finds lower risk of infection - Page 4 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 23rd Apr, 2017 - 9:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Why I do not just get lasik surgery and get rid of my specs once and for all - or is there an alternative?
Post Date: 1st Sep, 2006 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Wear Specs Forever! Eye Surgery vs Contacts vs Glasses
A Friend

Wear Specs Forever! Eye Surgery vs Contacts vs Glasses - Page 4

I can't believe I had forgotten this, but I DID have dry eyes for about 3 months after.

They are perfectly fine now, but after the surgery I had to use moisture eye drops for quite awhile. It was so bad in the mornings that it felt like my eyelids were stuck to my eyeballs when I first woke up.

I'm thinking it was caused by the medicated eyedrops they had me use. That was some potent stuff. It went right down your tearducts into your throat, and I imagine it's probably what dried the tear ducts up. The worse part was I wasn't allowed to rub my eyes.

As for one eye being weaker, I don't know why it is, but I don't notice it unless I close the other eye. And it's only when looking at things farther away than 3 feet.

I don't recall getting a definite guarantee from my doctor. He did promise that if the first surgery didn't work, then it would be free to have it done again. They did make me aware of potential risks, and the one they said was most common was infection from improper post surgery care.

Sponsored Links:
1st Sep, 2006 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

Glasses Contacts Surgery Eye Forever Specs Wear

I wonder what the risks (percentage) are of going blind after such a procedure? I wonder if doing one eye, seeing how it comes out, then doing the other is a 'safer' way?

Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2006 - 11:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wear Specs Forever! Eye Surgery vs Contacts vs Glasses Health & Special Psychology

I think the chances of blindness are very very small, but I can understand your reservations. Nobody wants to go blind, least of all someone with a family depending on them and their profession depending so much on sight.

I don't see why they couldn't do one eye at a time. You could wear specs with only one corrective lense in-between surgeries to keep your eyes from straining.

Another good safeguard if possible is get a recommendation of a doctor from someone in your area who has had the procedure.

3rd Sep, 2006 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Glasses Contacts Surgery Eye Forever Specs Wear

With me, it's more a case of wearing glasses doesn't bother me in the slightest, and I have been wearing them since I was 5, apart from a few months when I was 16, I tried a couple of different types of contact lenses, and spent more time on my hands and knees searching for a missing lens.
I tried lenses again in my mid twenties, but still they didn't feel right for me, so I'd rather continue with my old trusted method of glasses!

Post Date: 6th Oct, 2007 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Glasses Contacts Surgery Eye Forever Specs Wear

LASIK EYE PROBLEMS MAY BE UNDERREPORTED

Millions of Americans have undergone laser eye surgery to correct bad vision, and along with the procedure's popularity something else is coming into focus: its hazards.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,...16268,00.html

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2009 - 12:28pm / Post ID: #

Laser eye consultations 'flawed'

People may not be properly counselled about the risks of laser eye surgery, a Which? study suggests. Ref. Source 7

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2009 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wear Specs Forever! Eye Surgery Contacts Glasses - Page 4

I know there are a lot of risks to lasik eye surgery. I am one who wears glasses most of the time now as I play on the computer at home a lot and then sit behind many computers at work. I know that I can still see pretty good without my glasses and I use them mostly just to read and see my work. I feel as I get older that I will have to wear glasses more. I am thinking of looking into lasik after they get a few more of the dangers worked out. Heck I may not even be able to get it done it all. I will look into it more if I need better glasses by the time I am 60.

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2017 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

Wear Specs Forever! Eye Surgery Contacts Glasses Psychology Special & Health - Page 4

Data analysis finds lower risk of infection with LASIK than with contacts over time

A meta-data analysis comparing the incidence of microbial keratitis, an infection of the cornea caused by bacteria or a virus, for contact lens wearers versus post-LASIK (Laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis) patients indicates that over time the infection rate for the contact lens wearers was higher than for those who had LASIK to correct their vision. Ref. Source 9p.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Wear Specs Forever! Eye Surgery vs Contacts vs Glasses

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,