What's Wrong With Being Left Handed?

What' S Wrong Left Handed - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 28th May, 2004 - 2:21am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 27th May, 2004 - 5:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

As a child,I remember a school teacher trying to make me use the right hand.She would take the pencil from the left hand and place it in my right hand. She would always say " It's not good to be left handed." But she never gave me a reason why. And til this day, I can't figure out why she did that ? What's wrong with being left handed ? Is there some history to this that I don't know about. When I deployed to Kosovo in 2001. The Albanians would stare in disbelief when they see me writing. In Kosovo they tie the babies left hand down to his or her side to prevent them from using the left hand. Now once again I'm being picked on in Iraq. *laugh*! In Iraq the left hand is considered the unclean hand.They use the left hand to wipe themself after handling busisiness. (Bathroom / #2) They do not use toilet paper. That's one reason why the plumbing is not too great. If caught stealing, they chop the right hand off and leave you with the left hand. (Unclean hand) So as a lefty I find myself in Iraq using my right hand more often. I don't want to offend the Iraqi's when shaking hands.

Sponsored Links:
27th May, 2004 - 12:10pm / Post ID: #

Handed Left With Wrong Whats

It's purely cultural. Especially in the Middle East, and Muslim countries in general, as Islam itself appears to foster some of the "left hand unclean" stuff.

I am also a lefty. While stationed in Saudi Arabia, we were warned to make sure that we did not eat anything with our left hands, as this would greatly offend our "hosts".

I can't figure out how right-handed people get anything done, it is so clumsy. biggrin.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

27th May, 2004 - 12:27pm / Post ID: #

What's Wrong With Being Left Handed? History & Civil Business Politics

It's my understanding that quite a few geniuses are left-handed. One of my sisters is a lefty, and she's quite brilliant smile.gif I think it's a tragedy that kids are (or have been) treated so poorly over it sometimes.

Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 27th May, 2004 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I know what you mean Nighthawk. When I first started eating with my right hand. I was so clumsy and just felt awkward. Now drinking with the right hand is not a problem. It's getting the mechanics down of holding a fork or spoon in my right hand. I think more food goes on the table than in my belly. laugh.gif!

27th May, 2004 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

I have the curse of being able to use both hands. I eat and write with my right hand, but do everything else with my left. When I broke a finger on my right hand, I was forced to write with my left and actually was able to adapt quite easily. However, people do look at me strangely when I throw a ball with my left, or bat left handed, etc, and then sign the credit card slip with my right tongue.gif

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Post Date: 27th May, 2004 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I know exactly what your talking about Malexander. I throw a baseball and football with my left hand. But can only throw a frisbee right handed. I also kick a soccer ball and football with my right. Now I can see why right handed people consider us backwards. laugh.gif!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th May, 2004 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

What's Wrong With Left Handed

Now that I think about it, I do throw a frisbee right handed, but throw a baseball with my left. Never realized that until just now. The bad thing is that people like us can't really say we're right handed or left handed. My daughter had a school project where she had to tally people who were right handed vs left handed and I had to reply with "I dunno?!" undecided.gif

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

28th May, 2004 - 2:21am / Post ID: #

What's Wrong With Left Handed Politics Business Civil & History

Sorry to be so annoying with words... but when you are able to use both hands/feet interchangeably, that's called ambidextrous smile.gif Great word!

Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: What's Wrong With Being Left Handed?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,