3D Printing - Page 2 of 3

3D printing is the beginning of the end of - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 17th Nov, 2017 - 6:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 14th Apr, 2017 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

3D Printing
A Friend

3D Printing - Page 2

I would see no reason for me to get a top of the line 3D printer unless I was working with something other than plastic. I have seen a 3D printer where it uses concrete and created a house. Now that is something that is interesting to me.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Apr, 2017 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

3D Printing
A Friend

Printing D

There's really not a whole lot of reasons to need a very fancy 3D printer; however, the cheap ones are kind of prone to getting plugged up with material and misaligning (And of course they are expensive to fix). If you are making something with metal to sell as jewelry, and it is going to be small, a good printer would be useful. If you are printing parts for a machine, a good printer would probably also be wise.

A concrete printer sounds pretty cool. It would probably have to be really big though.

Post Date: 14th Apr, 2017 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

3D Printing
A Friend

3D Printing Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Yeah it was not small. There were a lot of cement mixer type trucks there to make sure it was filled so it could print out the house.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 9:36pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 2 Printing D

3D-printing of glass now possible

Three-dimensional printing allows extremely small and complex structures to be made even in small series. A new method now allows glass to be used for this technique. As a consequence of the properties of glass, such as transparency, thermal stability and resistance to acids, the use of this material in 3D-printing opens up manifold new applications in production and research, such as optics, data transmission, and biotechnology. Ref. Source 4k.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 9:46pm / Post ID: #

3D Printing
A Friend

Printing D

This is another advance that will make life better and easier for a lot of people. My question is, how many workers will this put out of work?

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

3D Printing
A Friend

3D Printing

Probably very few. 3d printing is most useful for prototype fabrication, not general production, and you still need people to both design the prototype and run the machines in the former case.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 24th Apr, 2017 - 9:59pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 10:08pm / Post ID: #

3D Printing
A Friend

3D Printing - Page 2

Then this sounds like a win win for humanity. I like that some technology advances don't come with a personal cost in liss hobs.

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2017 - 6:26am / Post ID: #

3D Printing
A Friend

3D Printing Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 2

3D printing is the beginning of the end of traditional retail markets and stores. There currently is 3D printing for food, objects of various sizes, furniture, and even houses. NASA has funded competitions to develop 3D printed Mars bases and more. Accompanying this is a technology developed to take almost any old plastics and recycle then into 3D printing raw feed material, closing the loop. As this evolves, you will be able to find a pattern for any product you want and print it out - either in your own home for small things, or nearby print houses for large. This will rupture manufacturing and shipping as we know it. Want a new couch? Print it and add cloth and cushions. Want a new car? We can print that,too!

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 17th Nov, 2017 - 6:29am

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: 3D Printing

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,