Scotland Independence From Kingdom - Page 3 of 6

Scotland independence vote 'on table' - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 24th Jun, 2016 - 10:44am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Scots British News
Post Date: 19th Sep, 2014 - 10:15am / Post ID: #

Scotland Independence From Kingdom - Page 3

Scotland will remain part of the United Kingdom - along with England, Wales and Northern Ireland - following a historic referendum vote. A majority of voters Thursday rejected the possibility of Scotland breaking away and becoming an independent nation. Ref. BBC

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Sep, 2014 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Kingdom Independence Scotland

Salmond to quit as First Minister

Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond says he intends to stand down, after losing independence vote Ref. BBC

Post Date: 29th Oct, 2014 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

Scotland Independence From Kingdom History & Civil Business Politics

Name: Gareth

Comments: Honestly, I don't know what Scotland was thinking. Most countries are glad to be unified and they have been with us for centuries so why split now.

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2014 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Kingdom Independence Scotland

Scotland 'should set own income tax'

Scotland's income tax rates and bands should be set by its parliament, commission on devolving power recommends Ref. BBC

19th Jan, 2015 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

Kingdom Independence Scotland

I've asked this of a few Scots I've met... So you become independent and then what? Do you have enough going on up north to keep you independent of England's help as well? I'm so stuffed that's over.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 24 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.4%

8th Mar, 2015 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

Scotland Independence From Kingdom

A country divided cannot prosper and compared to the rest of the world we're so small already why make it smaller. Like Umber said its good that it is over so we can move forward now as a UNITED Kingdom!

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 28 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.8%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Jul, 2015 - 5:36am / Post ID: #

Scotland Independence From Kingdom
A Friend

Scotland Independence Kingdom - Page 3

international QUOTE (JB @ 30-Nov 06, 11:26 AM)
Better or more effective representation is needed rather than splitting,

That's an interesting quote for a Brit like me to discover on American Independence Day! smile.gif Do you think it applies to Britain-America? If the late 18th Century British government had been more responsive and had given the 13 colonies the representation they asked for, would there today be the 54-states of the United Kingdom (50 US + England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland) governed from London? Or was the split inevitable?

And if so, why? Is the America-England split fundamentally different from the Scotland-England split that was proposed? Why?

There are 3,668.72 mi between Washington and London.
There are 4,834 miles from Washington and Honolulu

England and US divided and didn't fall. The Czech Republic and Slovenia also prosper after a division..

I'm English and live in France. I have a sister in Spain and a brother in Finland. My cousins live all over the planet and I feel close to them. Nationality is perhaps a less defining part of my character than for most people. But I'm interested:

I know the referendum is over and the union will continue, but only one generation has spoken: when the next arrives they'll have an opinion too.Can pro-Independence supporters tell me where the division stops? Imagine Scotland gains independence: if the majority of the population of the Hebrides didn't feel represented by the Mainland Government, could they gain independence too? Explain.

Post Date: 24th Jun, 2016 - 10:44am / Post ID: #

Scotland Independence Kingdom Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Scotland independence vote 'on table'

Scotland First Minister Nicola Sturgeon says second independence referendum is "On the table" after EU vote Ref. BBC.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Scotland Independence From Kingdom

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,