Trinidad & Tobago Football

Trinidad Tobago Football - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 20th Jun, 2004 - 6:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (16) »
Discuss  Trinidad & Tobago Football Soca Warriors Warriors: The smallest country to qualify for the World Cup
Post Date: 15th Jun, 2004 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Warriors

Brethrens, what D' heck was those people thinking when they call a professional football team - 'Soca Warriors'? It sounds like a Carnival band or a fete. Not serious at all. I think T&T does not take football as serious as other major players internationally. We see it as a time to dance, prance, drink, etc.

Recently, T&T won against the Dominican Republic 2-0 and one commentator rightfully said that the game almost seemed as though there was no real zeal to win, they do not operate like strikers. The defense hardly even had to work and so the game should have been 5-0 or 6-0.

Trinidad & Tobago Football (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Jun, 2004 - 6:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Football Tobago and Trinidad

I think they got the idea from Jamaica. The Jamaica team are known as the Reggae Boyz.

15th Jun, 2004 - 1:58pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Football Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Isn't that a theme for the Caribbean teams; to get a cool name? I heard the team from Grenada referred too as 'The Spice Boys'. I don't see a problem with having a cool name for your team, other nations have done the same. Italy's squad is referred too as the 'Azzure', the Netherlands and the 'Dutch boys' and I even think Brazil has a cool name, I cant think of what it is right now. But if the team is not focused and determined in their play on the field, then it will be a short World Cup campaign. I havent seen them play recently, but I can't see them equaling the squad they had back in '90 that came one game short of going to the World Cup. Hopefully they will prove me wrong and qualify this time, but I wont keep my hopes up.

19th Jun, 2004 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

I saw the game against Iraq - first of all, T&T won 2-0, but the Iraqis had numerous shots on T&T's goal that could have resulted in it being 2-2. Stern John hit a defender in his face because he tackled him from behind, I could not believe that. He is lucky it was a 'friendly', because he could have been suspended for a long time for that.

Their next match is against Scotland.

Malexander, as for the 'theme', why do we always have to go in trends. I mean just because we are in the Caribbean does not mean we have to make everything a coconut tree and calypso music - the rest of the world already sees us that way.

All in my opinion - sitting in the stands - at home - watching it on TV wink.gif

19th Jun, 2004 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

I think they can become a great team if the coach is the only one involved in the decisions of the team, there are lots of politics going on in there. I was very dissapointed that NO LOCAL manufacture would sponsor them with shirts and sneakers. A company of Brazil came to the rescue and got stuff for them for 1 million US!!!!!. I was very glad for them. Shame for the local businesss in Trinidad and Tobago! even if your team is not as good as you may think, support them man!!!!

19th Jun, 2004 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

Well you see that is the thing - Trinidadians are always mouth but there is no 'meat' in their talk. They say so much and do so little. The squad will have to perform and earn the respect they once had if they are ever to come back to the light they once had. Based on what I saw against Iraq though they are far from it!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Jun, 2004 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

It doesn't matter JB, that's the point. It is their TEAM, their COUNTRY for heaven's sake! they could give them a hand, man! how much could it possible cost you some shirts and sneakers for your own football team! . I thought it was really sad that a person all the way in Brazil was willing to help them out, it was really nice from them.

20th Jun, 2004 - 6:05am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Football Movies Music Fashion & Sports

It is too bad to hear that the sponsorship for the team is not there. If I had the money, I would help them out smile.gif The T&T team shouldnt have to perform well for the country to rally around them. I remember in '90 when they were so close to going to Italy, and how the entire country was so patriotic and supportive. What has happened since? Just because the team is not doing so well, no one should care anymore? Do they know how many other countries try every 4 years to make the World Cup and fail, but they still have the support of their nation behind them? Why should T&T be any different?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (16) »

> TOPIC: Trinidad & Tobago Football

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,