Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 18 of 23

Name: Kiriti Title: Crime & Culture Comments: - Page 18 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 17th Feb, 2013 - 10:59am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  ...Latest (23) »
What is going on here? I am amazed at the articles I read every day when I pull up the Express newspaper online. What really hurt me when I read this article was the poor boy who had to watch this happen to his mother. Is it really this bad now?
Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Related Information to Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
13th May, 2012 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 18

Four murders for Mother's Day in Trinidad, but I will focus on the one where the son kills his 70 year old mother! Apparently, the mother wanted to see her 48 year old son for mother's day, but it ended with him killing her and then he committed suicide

Sponsored Links:
20th May, 2012 - 11:17pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

According to TV6 News there were 4 murders overnight. According to TTCrime.com's figures that brings the total up to 152 for the year 2012 thus far.

3rd Jun, 2012 - 11:23pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

TV6 reported about a family off Enterprise Rd. In Chagunas that was brutally attacked by bandits. They entered the home and demanded jewelry and cash and when they could not get either they raped the mother and beat up and elderly couple in front of the children. Such crimes deserve death in my opinion.

4th Jun, 2012 - 10:21am / Post ID: #

Page 18 Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

What concerns me the most about crime in this country is the causality of it on all sides. Criminals attack you like it is their right to do so and they are not afraid to show their face or leave their prints over everything. Its either they are very desperate or believe that law enforcement will never catch them.

6th Jun, 2012 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

It seems that Minister of National Security, Mr. Sandy, says that there will be an increase in joint army / police patrols in certain crime hot spots in Trinidad and Tobago. At the same time there seems to be a lot of touting by the police admin about a decrease in overall crime even though the murder rate is increasing. Senior police officers have recently been voicing their concerns about the effectiveness of 21st century policing via the media.

15th Nov, 2012 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

Violence is one thing but mostly what I've noticed with the criminals these days is they're unafraid to show their faces, its like they don't care or they think they'll never be caught. That's what really makes them violent, that feeling that they can do anything they want without any consequence.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Jan, 2013 - 6:03pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago - Page 18

A Chinese supermarket was robbed and two customers were used as human shields as bandits attempted to escape last Friday afternoon.

Police said one of the suspects was shot in the face by a security guard stationed at the supermarket while two others were found hiding in nearby bushes. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2013 - 10:59am / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 18

Name: Kiriti

Title: Crime & Culture

Comments: Some common reasons given for the rapid escalation of violent crime are poverty, income inequality, fatherless homes, children being raised by poor, unsupported young, single mothers, poor or non- existent policing efforts. Whereas, these are definitely huge contributing factors, they do not explain the psychopathic brutality of the violence we see. E.g.the spate of attacks on pensioners in South and Central. The case of the Gangabisoons in Freeport was extremely and senselessly violent - still unsolved. There are many countries with far greater poverty than the Caribbean in Asia and Africa. Poverty has been with us ever since most of us were born. Yet the level of crime we have seen in the last decade is unprecedented.
So what is the "New" toxin in the brew? I would point to the mainstream media culture. If we glorify violence, we will have violent children; if we glorify misogyny and sexual objectification of women ("Nice-young-ting" culture of bottom rolling and chutney whine), then we will have abuse of women and turn our relationships into one of consumption. If we glorify education, we will have educated children. We do not have to be geniuses to see that! We need to wake up to the threat of a culture of violence, materialism, consumerism which we are daily importing through the mainstream media linked to the Anglo- American media corporations. Parents, teachers, religious leaders, unionists, political leaders must oppose such violent cultural messages.
Crime has always been there. But bestial brutality of very young criminals is not an accident. It is the result of our neglect.

> TOPIC: Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,