Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 3 of 23

These types of stories is precisely the reason - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 28th Mar, 2006 - 11:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (23) »
What is going on here? I am amazed at the articles I read every day when I pull up the Express newspaper online. What really hurt me when I read this article was the poor boy who had to watch this happen to his mother. Is it really this bad now?
Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Related Information to Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
19th Jul, 2005 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 3

Fortress, it sounds like you want to incorporate the US 'Patriot Act' into our society (see Discussion here). I agree that the Government is not doing enough, but I think it is more of a problem of politics. You see if they start doing the things you mentioned above someone is either going to not get their 'dues' (someone in power) or the innocent will be victimized and the PNM will lose votes. In the end we may just be giving up the right to privacy and crime will still not come down. I do agree with petty crimes being overlooked, if those are prosecuted vigilantly then the bigger ones may not have any root. All in all my general feeling about the way things run in Trinidad is this: 'if it is not bothering me then I do not care', but wait til crime touches that individual's doorstep and then their tune changes.

Sponsored Links:
19th Jul, 2005 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Yeah I agree..there's a great measure of politics involved..that's the way the world works I guess and no matter how much we might appeal to the morals of our "leaders", fact of the matter is they're always going to put themselves first. It's just that its so frustrating!..I want to see something drastic, immediate and of great impact done! Put all the politics aside, the egoes...and I think the problem would be so easy to solve..one can only hope.

Post Date: 23rd Aug, 2005 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
A Friend

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I'm disappointed in how things have become so bad in Trinidad. No doubt, there are people who have thought twice about investing and opening businessess in this troubled country.

What's the root cause of the crime? Is it unemployment? Is Trinidad generating too few employment opportunities?

23rd Aug, 2005 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

What's the root cause of the crime? Is it unemployment? Is Trinidad generating too few employment opportunities?

Well, I believe those questions are covered in the previous posts, you may wish to take a look through from the start of this thread before replying, in that way no one has to repeat themselves.

26th Aug, 2005 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

The Online Trinidad Express shows how violent it is... keep in mind this is a small island and these are the articles for ONE day:

Maraval man gunned down

Diego Martin police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the gunning down of a Maraval man and the shooting of a Diego Martin man two hours later in an unrelated incident.
Ref. https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ews?id=98161401

Maloney men murdered

Three men who left their homes at Maloney, Arima, on a mysterious trip to South Trinidad, have been found dead with gunshots and stab wounds, more than 60 miles from home.
Ref. https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ews?id=98161398

Toco man shot and burnt

The charred body of a 53-year-old Toco man found at a burnt out house in the area is being classified as a murder.
Ref. https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ews?id=98161397

San Juan teen 'killed' by friend

A 17-year-old man was shot and killed, possibly by accident, by a friend while they were playing with a gun.
Ref. https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ews?id=98161396

10th Sep, 2005 - 3:59pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

I keep reading reports out of Trinidad via the online Express Newspaper and I cannot help but wonder what is going on. Are we on the path to Colombia? I am not even going to post the stories, just the headlines of ONLY today will be enough to grabb you:

Relatives: Slain teacher failed by cops - in this story this teacher was robbed 3 times and the last she was killed. Ref. https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ws?id=101015810

IRO head robbed for second time this year - this man is HEAD of the religious organiztions and was exercising on his Church's compound! Ref. https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ws?id=101015811

Jenny's robbed in 'inside job'

Show us he's alive - Editor's family tells kidnappers

DON'T PANIC - Police deny 'red alert' rumours

Okay, now take a deep breath... exhale...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Mar, 2006 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago - Page 3

For those of you who wonder about violent crime here then you should take a look at this Thread if you have Mature access: Bastards Walking At High Noon. I will not go into details here, it is too gory and it happened to a US Citizen as well.

28th Mar, 2006 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 3

These types of stories is precisely the reason why I am so hesitant to return to T&T and bring my family as well. I would love to show my family where I lived, grew up, went to school, etc, but I am terrified of all the crime, especially kidnappings, that is going on there. I may be able to retrieve my Trinidad accent but my wife and kids won't so they will stick out, making them prime targets. I couldn't live with myself if something were to happen to any one of them.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (23) »

> TOPIC: Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,