Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 21 of 23

Name: George Title: Violent crime in T&T - Page 21 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 24th Jan, 2016 - 7:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 
What is going on here? I am amazed at the articles I read every day when I pull up the Express newspaper online. What really hurt me when I read this article was the poor boy who had to watch this happen to his mother. Is it really this bad now?
Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Related Information to Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
Post Date: 9th Jan, 2016 - 11:34am / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 21

Name: George

Title: looks like a recording breaking year for murders

Comments: Well the present signs are that this year's murder rate will surpass of last year's rate of 410.The criminals are leading the way and are again seems to be enforcing their control. The politicians and the police seems to be still asleep .Promotion and pay rises don't seem to improve the ability or enthusiasm of our law enforcement officers. They seems to be still in the same old mode. I note that some idiot is asking for an increase in the pay of politicians to ease up on corruption within the corridors of power. Whatever happened to charging, bringing to trial and good old imprisonment for corrupt politicians. I suppose this idiot is a member of the cartel of corrupt citizens who is trying to add another financial dimension from public funds to the luxurious living standard of already rich thieves.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Jan, 2016 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Title: Violence in our society

Comments: To many reader on this website this comment may seem to be political. However ,it has strong links to the police,violence and crime on this particular island for which the local police has the responsibility to control and prevent. Having read an article this morning in a local newspaper in which Mr Williams is a allegedly blaming the increase in recent surge of murders in our nation because we have now become a nation of violence, and are in fact at present a too violent society. Whilst I am in full agreement with his remarks what Mr Williams has failed to explain is why have Afro/ Trinidadians become so violent since our independence. Perhaps the following contents of this comment may give him a clue to the cause for the violent behaviour especially of Afro/Trinidadians who are now responsible for 99% of all crimes here. Prior to our independence murders were rare probably perhaps three to six per year. Almost all of these then being committed by Indo/Trinidadians. Other crimes were of a petty nature and the crime of corruption was not even heard or recorded of here. Almost all Afro/Trinidadians were then considered as law abiding citizens. The present day attitude and criminal minds of Afro/Trinidadians with its associated violence ,corruption and plundering of Treasury funds by politicians was born and developed by PNM politicians after our independence. This is despite their denials. This was because of their political doctrine and beliefs and a feeling of superiority were the racial balance were concerned, together with an urge for political power, and other factors stated in the paragraph below. It really does not matter how many excuses are made for the violent behaviour of the Afro/Trinidadian criminals, the true cause lies squarely on the shoulders of PNM political party because of its biased policies and a lust of financial greed. He evidence speaks for itself. The freedom of Abu Bakr after his act of Treason helped in the developing a new generation of criminal minded Afro/Trinidadians who have since flourished in our society and are still doing so today. Moreover ,it was the introduction of invented techniques,underhand adapted methods introduced into local politics of how to steal the country's wealth, that started the expansion of corruption and crime here. This together with its deliberate racial division within our politics, which became well developed and established and which was adopted over the years by almost all of its politicians. These actions were their main adverse aspects of dabbling in politics,which no doubt led to our present situation. It now seems we are again heading for a revival of the former pattern of governance by the PNM specially at this time of recession ,which is going to lead to a new outburst of violent murders, serious crimes, including more political and police corruption,and a new generation of violent Afro/Trinidadians. There will be no change here for decades to come as we now have too many established masterminds of corruption and other Mr Bigs within all our racial groups together with a large brigade of Afro/Trinidadians killers and serious criminals on the loose. Last but not least and going by past records and present day knowledge, our police themselves by their misdeeds, have relayed to the public that they have also adapted a measure of corrupt practices ,which have become a trend thus making themselves more disrespectful and ineffective in the eyes of our citizens and harden criminals.

Post Date: 11th Jan, 2016 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
A Friend

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

The crime problem is drug trafficking related with gangs fighting for turf and wiping out various enemies. The crisis was suddenly escalated during the last two years of the Manning administration. It is clearly shown in the statistics. What did Manning do that led to this? He brought in the so called "Community leaders" a euphemism for drug gang leaders and he legitimized their money by giving them contracts for governnent jobs. After this legitimizing of their money the police no longer had their main tool to track large earnings. It was all over for law enforcement, as they have since admitted on local tv.
The Manning contract revenues was used instead to purchase guns and not to the forming of legitimate job creating businesses, as he naively expected.
With the immediate escalation of murders of the very same community gang leaders he had met with, he dismissed it as "Collateral damage".
The rate has never declined significantly since that horrible political miscalculation. The country suffers still.

23rd Jan, 2016 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

Page 21 Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Five murders in ten hours! That is how bad the murder rate is in Trinidad. These happened in various parts of the country and included hit and run to execution.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2016 - 11:51am / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Title: Violent crime in T&T

Comments: The violent cycle of crime cycle will never be broken here without outside help who will have to probably take control of the police and the political administration. There are just too many active criminals on this island. Putting aside the amount of murders committed annually and the amount of loose killers that are about, around 1000 (I have done a complete calculation going back decades from the figures reported on this website .I have deducted the amount of murders solved, and the amount of murderers charged and found guilty and are in prison, those awaiting trial which was 52 at the time of my calculation. This figure was issued by the chief justice about three months ago.) we must also consider the amount of other reported serious crimes committed last year .Take for example kidnappings .There were 98 .This figure was disclosed by Mr Dillon recently. This is almost two per week. Then there is the cases of corruption which has become and acceptable regular event, and of course there are other crime which have not yet come to light. Many of these soldiers like so many of our policemen may appear above board but sooner or later we will be hearing cries from our honest citizens of their misdemeanours and adverse behaviour. Moreover it won't be long before organisation such as Jamaat Muslimeen cease the opportunity to join in with the soldiers waiting with their leader for their opportunity to attempt another coup. No if this plan is not called off within a month or two then this is going to be one of the most dangerous moves made by politicians here and will be regretted. Mark my word.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2016 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

..The violent cycle of crime cycle will never be broken here without OUTSIDE help who will have to probably TAKE CONTROL OF of the POLICE and the POLITICAL administration. [..].

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Jan, 2016 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago - Page 21

What kind of "Outside" help are you talking about? That Gibbs thing didn't work, if anything it made things worst than it was before.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2016 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 21

Title: Violent crime in T&T

Comments: I am in total agreement with you that outside help such as contracted and paid for assistance is never going to work here .There are too many corrupt masterminds and Mr Bigs in control of internal organisations and government departments on this island. These crooks are well established and the last thing they want is anyone digging into how they operate or their procedures in play. When I talk about outside help I mean asking for the aid of the UN or some recognized International body to take control of all our administration and do a complete audit and investigation into the prime areas of corruption and serious crimes. The politicians here must make it quite clear that they have lost control and that our police are inadequately trained and incapable of dealing with the worsen crime scenario. The alternative is to hand the country back to England and let their experts sort the mess made by our local politicians since our independence. The writing is on the wall and if things do not change for the better, sooner or later like it or not, intervention by the UN is definitely on the cards. This is how bad I visualize the local situation here despite what other may say. It would be exactly as have happened in other nations battling against formed groups of local bandits and terrorists made up of the local established Mr Bigs and other criminal masterminds,and their supporters.

+  « First of 23 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 

> TOPIC: Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,