Most Influential - Page 2 of 2

The Muslims' prophet Muhammed is probably - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th Jul, 2015 - 8:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Which non-religious leader influenced the World most? American Football
Post Date: 29th Jul, 2010 - 5:13am / Post ID: #

Most Influential
A Friend

Most Influential - Page 2

I think Napoleon was the one person who had the most amount of personal power. He was born poor and far from the decisive centers, but in one of the greatest revolutionary periods. Conquered many european countries, lost his power, regainit, and ruled again.
He really must had a powerfull and leading personality.

Hitler his also a good choice, it has some similarities, but in a darker version, close to mental hilness.

Julius Caesar perhaps the most admirable leading personality, who was murdered by those who didn't stand his superiority in any matter, would be my choice for his example.

I'm sad this topic has been parked, because it is very interesting.

Frederico

Sponsored Links:
12th Dec, 2011 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

Influential Most

What about Albert Einstein? His theories and work shaped the way we did everything, travel have war and even try to get to other planets.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 18 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.8%

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2013 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

Most Influential
A Friend

Most Influential History & Civil Business Politics

Rather off topic, but...
I think your definition of religion is over-broad. Simply saying "A system of belief" could encompass almost every occupation. A judge enforces as system of belief (Law), but he is not a religious leader. A scientist lives by a system of belief (Scientific method of their discipline), but they are not religious leaders. A religious leader does gain from "A system of belief," but that belief must have a spiritual component. Even systematic and political religions like Confucianism have a spiritual component, though not as emphasized as Catholicism.

For this reason, Lenin is a political leader and is [therefore], fit for inclusion into this list. I also happen to agree that his teachings led to a large political movement that consolidated more power than any other single political system in the history of the world. Even though Republican Democracy commanded more GDP in Soviet Communism's heyday, it did not have the unity that Communism did in that same time frame. For that reason, it was the most powerful ever, even though it has degraded further in the present.

Edited Message Edited...
Support: You need to say who you are replying to in your off topic. Please use the Offtopic Tags so that the Thread maintains the SAME subject matter and does not develop into another Topic otherwise this could end up being a thread about the definition of religion. See Constructive Posting Policy.

29th Apr, 2013 - 9:09pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Influential Most

This might seem weird but I think Adolph Hitler is the most influential. He caused war to be different. He made men use their brains to come with some of the most terrible weapons we know. Hitler made people think more about race and human worth and he killed many over it too. He involved the entire world in his plan, no one has ever caused this big a 'party'.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 4 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.4%

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2015 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

Most Influential
A Friend

Influential Most

international QUOTE (Nighthawk @ 12-Jul 04, 6:28 PM)
I can't think of a single ancient historical figure that really changed the flow of history as much as Lenin did.

Lenin certainly had an effect but how much? He was a powerful influence for 70 years, but as we now approach the centenary of his revolution, how much of his legacy remains? The economic system he introduced has been replaced in Russia and the old eastern block. He was not the architect of Communist China, Mao was. His influence today is secondary.
Julius Caesar's revolution replaced a republic with an empire that lasted 400 years in the west and 1500 years in the east. His book, the Civil War is used today as a textbook for strategy. He introduced the calendar that was used for 1600 years in Europe. The modern French language, spoken by 77-110 million people, isn't a Celtic language but a Romance one, evolved from the Latin he brought with his armies when he conquered Gaul.
There are other ancients too: Croesus, King of Lydia may not be that famous now but his influence is still felt - he struck the first (Known) gold coins. Millions more people have died for coin than ever died in the name of Communism!

8th Jul, 2015 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #

Most Influential

The Muslims' prophet Muhammed is probably the most influentional in the way his words are being interpreted by millions. There are nations built on theocracy and ideals which claim to follow his words. Their claims has led to many ongoing wars.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 67 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 6.7%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Most Influential

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,