Why I Am Not A Mormon - Page 2 of 3

I am more or less undecided. While there are - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 5th Oct, 2015 - 1:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 

?
Poll: Which one BEST describes why you are no longer Mormon or did not join:
  Current doctrinal issues       57.14%
  Doing historical research       14.29%
  To save my marriage       7.14%
  I was excommunicated       0.00%
  I just didn't fit in       14.29%
  I joined another religion       0.00%
  Someone offended me       0.00%
  I am now agnostic       0.00%
  I am now an atheist       0.00%
  Other       7.14%
Total Votes: 14
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
If you have studied the Mormon faith or are no longer a member of the church then state your views here in a constructive manner.
Post Date: 31st Mar, 2014 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am Not A Mormon - Page 2

Name: Hagi

Comments: I could not make all the changes they were asking me to make plus after paying taxes and the necessary bills there was no way I could fork out another 10% of my salary to the church, You should be free to give what you can.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2014 - 12:48pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Not I Why

Name: October

Comments: I was born into the church to two very devout converts.
I never gained any testimony, despite the attempts to do so.
I was pulled from public school at the age of ten, and placed into Benjamin Franklin Acadamy - a private 'cooperative-homeschool' which taught LDS based cirriculum. I was kept in this school until I was fourteen.
I learned a great deal about the history of the church during the time I was in the private school. I also learned much as I started to read detailed historic accounts online.
I began to question why the church no longer taught many of the original historical practices and doctrines. I grew more and more aware that the church had evolved into something very different from what it was when it began. By fifteen, I ceased attending church functions. I spent several more years studying and seeking out information. At the same time, I was being regularly confronted by church officials who were making great efforts to bring me back into the church, despite my instructions to cease and desist. At eighteen, I had my name removed from the church. Now, eight years later, I work with everyone and anyone who wants to further their understanding of the history of this large organization. While the church has deemed me an apostate, I do not spread lies about the religion - I encourage awareness and knowledge, and I am blatantly opposed to encouraging blind faith from those who do not know what they claim to believe. I have encountered many people who are very well educated and learned in the history of the church who continue as faithful members of the church - and I can support it. Logic and rationality prevented me from being content with pretending to believe in the church, and I left.

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2014 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am Not A Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: ArtValenz

Comments:In the late 70's, Spencer W. Kimball stated that he had received a revelation from God regarding the priesthood. He said God had revealed that the restriction on the priesthood for blacks was over and they could receive it. The previous stance on this was that faithful black men would receive the priesthood and everything that went with it in the next life. When I asked my bishop why God gave conflicting edicts about the priesthood, the bishop was unable to answer. This stirred more questions on doctrines that weren't supported in the bible (Eternal progression; per-existence; etc.). Those questions also were ignored by my bishop and every other elder I asked. I made my decision then to separate myself from Mormonism, and I was eventually ex-communicated.

2nd Jul, 2014 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Mormon Not I Why

Hi ArtValenz, I could not understand your last sentence. You left the Church or you was excommunicated?

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2014 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

Mormon Not I Why

Name: ArtValenz

Comments: I left the church and then when I didn't reply to letters sent from the bishop, they ex-communicated me.

5th Jul, 2014 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am Not A Mormon

ArtValenz, they excommunicate you because you didn't reply to some letters from the Bishop? There are specific causes for excommunication so obviously something is missing in this story. Maybe these letters contain the charges that were brought against you and that caused your excommunication?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Jul, 2014 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am Not A Mormon
A Friend

Why I Not Mormon - Page 2

They definitely don't excommunicate people for not responding to letters if that were the case many more people would be excommunicated

5th Oct, 2015 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

Why I Not Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

I am more or less undecided. While there are some things that really make me intrigued about Mormonism there are some things that I feel are sketchy. I'm still learning.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Why I Am Not A Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,