Are Soy Products Good For Health?

Are Soy Products Good Health - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 27th Jul, 2012 - 1:39am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Soy Bad For Health?
17th Jul, 2012 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

Soy products have become a standard alternative for anyone looking to give up dairy products. Such things as Soy milk, Soy cheese and Tofu are being sold as 'healthy' alternatives but are they really all that healthy? The first evidence that it is not is the word called, "processing". The more you process a food the worst off it is for you. An apple from a tree is not the same as a apple in a tin and is not the same as apple pie. Big business takes natural foods and then processes it as though it is somehow healthier for you because they processed it in a factory - not. The other problem with Soy products is they often have additives to preserve it. The Soy itself can also be genetically altered so it is no longer natural as we know it. Genetically altered Soy usually comes with a gene that is resistant to pesticides enabling farms to spray fields of Soy without it affecting the Soy plant - you then consume this. For men, did you know Soy is high in Estrogen? What are your thoughts about Soy?

Are Soy Products Good For Health? (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
18th Jul, 2012 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

Health Good Products Soy Are

I never believed in these kinds of products being a good substitute for the regular stuff. I could understand if you want to substitute an orange for an apple but not processed and packaged stuff for milk.

Post Date: 21st Jul, 2012 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Are Soy Products Good For Health? Health & Special Psychology

I have come to learn from reading and from personal use, that Soy, as it is marketed and processed here in the USA at least, is just another health scam, for us gullible citizens. In Asia, they traditionally don't eat soy, unless it is first fermented in someway, to take from it, some troubling compounds, that can mess with our bodies. Then we have the added problem, most soy on the market, is GMO, unless marked 100% Organic; items labeled Organic, from what I understand about the law requirements, Organic only has to be 90% or so, to get the standard Organic label.

I am a sensitive empath, also a medical intuitive, I can sense others emotions as my own and can sense what is good for my body, was well as for others. Regular health-food soy products mess me up, and really plays heck with my stomach and digestion. But most soy products labeled at least Organic do not bother me, in not over consumed.

Best choices are nut milks, you can buy them or make them yourself with machines made for that purpose, or a blender works pretty well also, you just have to shake the milk before use. I used to make almond milk nearly 30 years ago in a blender, adding vanilla and choice of sweetener. I grew up in almonds as a kid, I used to make almond butter, before even I knew what it was. When time in the orchards slowed, I would take almonds and push them against the tractors generator pulley, and the spinning pulley would toast and cream the almost in all one process, though the amount was really small each time I did it.

My wife was just reading online, where Agave is one of the newest health claim scams by business. It said, it is not a natural product, highly processed juice from the Agave plant. I guess in Mexico, they have had a natural Agave product, but it is processed, boiled down like Maple Syrup, also a much stronger and somewhat different tasting product; I guess you may need an acquired taste, to use and enjoy it.

22nd Jul, 2012 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

I agree that Soy products is just another way for big business to make a dollar. It is processed so that already indicates its state. I have also read that Black Bean Sauce is good though, it is the soy going through a process of fermentation before being ready to eat. I have read good things about Almond Milk but it is too costly. In my current all natural diet I have found that I do not need any Soy products and 'looking' for a milk substitute is not needed. I still do eat tofu maybe once a week because I do like Chinese dishes and every now and again I may make oats and use a bit of Soy milk for consistency and taste. I do not want to be hardcore simply because I do not have the means to be totally organic so Soy is useful occasionally as a taste choice mostly.

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2012 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Forgot to respond about, high in Estrogen, but if you don't eat too much, may be ok. People forget that males and females both produce Estrogen and Testosterone, just at different levels. Being I sense what I need, as I mentioned, at times I take herbs which Estrogen or pre or post cursors for Estrogen, to help balance my bodies hormone levels, at certain times of the year.

People need to be in better contact with their bodies and their foods, and you will crave and eat the kinds and amounts of foods you need, for that time of season, and bodily malfunctions or what ever. Many foods have been so hybridize they don't function and have the nutrients they once did, but they still are what they are, can help or hinder us.

Animals still have that ability, and they follow it, unless so starved, then they might eat out of starvation and eat something the shouldn't.

If choosing soy milk, I would choose organic only.

The Black Bean Sauce, it is fermented, so makes it better. I use miso, though have never heard of Black Bean Sauce. This area is rich with Mexican alternatives, not so lucky with Asian things.

I eat a little tofu, not very often, a once or twice a month, when I eat out and have a salad. I sense no problem or complaint from my body. I also found a new gluten free tamari sauce, really like it over the non gluten soy sauce, both are made from Soy.

Almond milk, it fairly cheep here, but then I live in Almond county, here in the Central Valley, in CA. We do watch for the best prices, we have a few stores we buy from who sell it. A really good sale price for 1/2 gallon cartons is 2 for $5, most often we find it for $3.29, rarely do we have to pay $3.49.

Decades ago I used to just add almonds to water, in a blender, add some natural sweeter and vanilla until mostly milk in nature. There always seems to be some roughage that does not fully blend up, I think mainly the skins. I used to just blend whole raw almonds dry, but I have sense read, better to soak over night first, but wonder how the taste would change. Not sure if the almond milk producers blanch the nuts before had or not ?

Almonds are pricey too I guess, even here now, $4 to $7 a pound, unless you buy from a local bulk dealer, 25 to 50 lb boxes; often with these, they cost only a couple bucks a pound or so. Some will ship, I know Knightsferry nut company ships almonds, pistachios, walnuts and etc raw, roasted and etc.

David

26th Jul, 2012 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #

I don't consume Soy products but I just wanted to comment that if a food is high in a certain element it doesn't mean that you will automatically absorb all of that element. A good example of this is vitamins. When you take a vitamin pill it doesn't mean the body absorbs the total amount of vitamins that pill has - instead it only absorbs what it needs and the rest is extracted as waste. I take it that this is the same as soy or soy products. The body takes the amount of estrogen needed and then the rest is discarded.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Jul, 2012 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Are Soy Products Good Health

Clara

A good point, I find that, that holds more true, if they are in a more natural form, synthetic or crystalline and etc compounds can over load one system and be toxic, because the body does not know how to deal with them, let alone how to use them. It is also true that some brands of supplements might be absorbed better by one person then another, we are all different to some degree.

The problem I find with many products, they do not give what they report to have. Just because there are measurable amounts, does not mean it is in a form one can absorb; I find this to be the greater problem, people don't get what they think they are, and it cost them more money.

Being able to sense foods, herbs and supplements and vitamins, I know exactly now much my body needs each day or at any given time, as a empathic intuitive.
I find that many supplements are not good for me and that some just don't have active ingredient that I or most can absorb.

An example, one brand of XX, not be absorbable, one brand of XX might be only 25% absorbable, another brand of XX might be 50% absorbable and so on. I find that all supplements, herbs, vitamins and minerals, juices all fits this.

Reconcile Edited: DavidLJ on 27th Jul, 2012 - 1:10am

27th Jul, 2012 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

Are Soy Products Good Health Psychology Special & Health

Well as mentioned earlier that applies to soy as well. How it was grown, if it was modified, if chemicals were used in the processing and packaging, etc. It will be nice to go back to the olden days when people planted their own garden and just lived off of that.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Are Soy Products Good For Health?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,