My SMF Site Was Hacked - SMF Hacked Again - Page 2 of 3

AVAST, the Anti-Virus software company, was - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 28th May, 2014 - 12:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Simple Machines
2nd Sep, 2012 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

My SMF Site Was Hacked - SMF Hacked Again - Page 2

In the area of hacking SMF is it a common occurrence? I mean to ask is SMF a target for hacking that its an issue, if it is then why?

Sponsored Links:
3rd Sep, 2012 - 2:35pm / Post ID: #

Again Hacked SMF Hacked Site SMF My

Well it happens, how common I do not have any statistics. In the majority of cases the fault usually surrounds the things I mentioned in the beginning of this Thread. Tens of thousands of people use SMF without problems so this is mostly to the few who need tips to secure their online assets.

-------------------------------
SMF Services

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2012 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #

My SMF Site Was Hacked - SMF Hacked Again Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Name: Frank

Comments: I've been using SMF for about seven years now and have never had any inncident or being hacked. I make sure to have adequate hosting and keep everything up to date. I also make sure that I only do admin approval for anyone that joins. I think its all about taking a proactive approach to forum administration.

23rd Jul, 2013 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Again Hacked SMF Hacked Site SMF My

In a crazy twist of events the SMF main site has been compromised, but not because of SMF software but because one of their Admins used the same password he used elsewhere! You can read more about it: Source 7

25th Jul, 2013 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

Again Hacked SMF Hacked Site SMF My

I got the email about it and was't please. The irony in their admins constantly warning us about security and yet they were silly enough to leave the door open for someone to walk right in.

international QUOTE
Unfortunately, we are 100% sure that our user database has been stolen.
As such we HIGHLY RECOMMEND, even implore you, to:
1.) Change your password on other websites you are using, if you use the same password there. This is very important to do, as it also will help prevent other websites being hacked through your compromised password, if it is compromised.
2.) Change your password here on our website.
3.) If you use the password you use here anywhere else, say for example to login to your webhost, it is highly urged to change it.
4.) Please note that personal messages may have also been compromised. We don't know for sure if the hacker only downloaded the user tables or not, although that's the only thing he/she is after. If they did: keep in mind that passwords you shared through PM should now be considered vulnerable. It's best not to take the risk and gamble, and just change any password you shared through PM as well.
5.) Charter members, current and past, are encouraged to change ALL passwords if they ever sent any in to us. That would include FTP.

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2013 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

My SMF Site Was Hacked - SMF Hacked Again

Name: Snoop

Comments: What I don't get is a certain smug attitude among the SMF team members as though what happened was just a routine thing. Also they keep on the same Admin that was hacked through his own site and caused this for SMF? That's just so silly in my opinion, again smug.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2014 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

My SMF Site Hacked SMF Hacked Again - Page 2

Name: Likeit

Comments: SMF isn't hack proof, no software is really given time and knowledge but as far as it being reasonably well maintained and updated I think SMF is among the best BBs out there.

28th May, 2014 - 12:58pm / Post ID: #

My SMF Site Hacked SMF Hacked Again Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 2

AVAST, the Anti-Virus software company, was using SMF for their forum and they were recently hacked! See more here: Avast Anti-virus. According to the SMF team, AVAST may not have updated their SMF site and was using outdated software thus leading to an attack.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: My SMF Site Was Hacked - SMF Hacked Again

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,