Books Becoming Extinct? - Page 3 of 5

Books have lasted a very long time and they - Page 3 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 2nd Feb, 2015 - 8:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 

?
Poll: Do you believe books will eventually be replaced by electronic media resources instead?
  Yes       23.81%
  No       76.19%
Total Votes: 21
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2006 - 8:56pm / Post ID: #

Books Becoming Extinct?
A Friend

Books Becoming Extinct? - Page 3

I love books,can't see them ever becoming extinct.Nothing beats the feel and smell of books.being able to curl up with a book is the highlight of my day.Reading on a computer screen hurts my eyes after awhile.Any way I couldn't pull out an ebook when travelling

Sponsored Links:
3rd Apr, 2006 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

Extinct Books

QUOTE (Nixie)
Any way I couldn't pull out an ebook when travelling

Of course you can, there are many handheld units that can handle this, and I foresee even greater units in the future that will make reading electronically much easier.

4th Apr, 2006 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

Books Becoming Extinct? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

The wife and I have started talking about books on CD for long trips. Her commute to school currently is about 1hr 45mins each way, so she could literally get through a medium sized book in one day. With our busy schedules and the kids, there really is no time in the day to sit down and read a book.

4th Apr, 2006 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Extinct Books

I agree with Malexander. I have to do a lot of traveling for work and for University and I listen to books. I will listen to just about anything. Lecture series, fiction, non-fiction -- you name it.

Of course, my true passion lies in old books. Books so old you have to wear gloves to touch because of their fragility. I love the smell of libraries. I don't think you can bottle that and put it in an ebook!

Post Date: 19th Mar, 2009 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

Books Becoming Extinct?
A Friend

Extinct Books

I don't believe books will be replaced by ectronic forms. Books serve a different purpose than electronic forms. They allow the reader to freely depict the setting, characters and action within their own mind in a way that other media forms can't.

When you read a book, it's different than reading an e-book. Has anyone ever read any of those? I find it much harder to get into an e-book than a physical book. I tend to skim e-books.

I think books will always have a place in society, though it may become somewhat more limited.

19th Mar, 2009 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Books Becoming Extinct?

I admit I also find it hard to read a novel on a computer. Just is not as comfortable and I can not lose my self in the writing.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Aug, 2009 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Books Extinct - Page 3

In a digital future, textbooks are becoming history

At Empire High School in Vail, Ariz., students use computers provided by the school to get their lessons, do their homework and hear podcasts of their teachers' science lectures. Ref. Source 4

2nd Feb, 2015 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

Books Extinct Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 3

Books have lasted a very long time and they will continue to last even if they only become collector's items. Yet I think there will be cultures built around books just as there are cultures still living in the jungle today.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Books Becoming Extinct?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,