Your Activity - Page 2 of 8

I was thinking of adding a method to calculate - Page 2 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 31st Dec, 2004 - 4:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »

?
Poll: How would describe your activity here?
  Stinks, but I have no time       2.70%
  I think about this place but never reach the point of logging on       8.11%
  I think I come on regularly enough for my satisfaction       18.92%
  I am here pretty often for a busy person       29.73%
  I rather peep so my activity level is terrible       5.41%
  I am as active as can be and proud of it       32.43%
  Really, none of this is a big deal for me       2.70%
Total Votes: 37
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Are you an active member in the community?
30th Oct, 2004 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

Your Activity - Page 2

QUOTE (kimsh @ 16-Aug 04, 1:57 PM)
It is addictive here. I find myself checking in a couple times a day and see what are the current hot topics.

Same here biggrin.gif

I just joined, but so far I'm pretty active. and, yes, the participation level does affect my judgement of people's post. If their participation rate is really low - well, then the site doesn't mean much for them, naturally giving their posts less of a value.

Sponsored Links:
30th Oct, 2004 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

Activity Your

I like the colorful expressions for participation rating. I try to keep my participation level as high as possible; it is very important to me to do so. I will generally look at a person's participation level because it lets me know if the member is up to date on discussions. It also gives me as a moderator, an idea of whether that person's posts should be reviewed for possible duplication or irrelevance.

30th Oct, 2004 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

Your Activity Feedback & FAQ News Community

idea of whether that person's posts should be reviewed for possible duplication or irrelevance

You know that is a very good observation because I have often found that the more users stay away from the community the more 'out of it' they are when they post, in some cases becoming 'lazy' to read full threads to get the real meaning of a discussion so they end up adding a message which in many cases is irrelevant.

30th Oct, 2004 - 3:22am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Activity Your

I'm not as active lately as I would like to be, but I log in at least once a day (if I can) and read a lot -- sometimes not able to post much, but I try to read everything new. I know I miss things sometimes because of my limited time.

Someone's activity level is important, as has been previously noted. I also look at "last visit" time. Did they post this one message and then not even log in for a week -- or ever again? I'm not generally going to jump into a discussion with my self smile.gif (although, that's been known to happen occasionally).

Roz

30th Oct, 2004 - 5:41am / Post ID: #

Activity Your

That's funny - this poll is biased. The only ones who are active enough to vote are, well, active.

30th Oct, 2004 - 10:49am / Post ID: #

Your Activity

That's funny - this poll is biased.

spock.gif How did you reach that conclusion? Those who have a lower participation level or even zero activity can come here and vote, but they care little for the community let alone to come here and actually take time to vote. Our interest is making the community even better for those who care and weed out the ones that do not. If the ones that don't come get a vision and become active because of it then good, but if they do not, no problem, they will eventually be deleted anyway.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Oct, 2004 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #

Your Activity - Page 2

I pay attention to my own, much more than to other peoples'. I feel like I am finally on the road to actually reaching the 100% mark again, but it is still probably a couple months away.

I do like the new descriptions.

31st Dec, 2004 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Your Activity Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 2

I was thinking of adding a method to calculate a user's participation in a particular board, but maybe it is overkill. By the way, via your profile you can see where you spend most of your time posting.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Your Activity

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,